GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

Hello I just received my Git2 from GearBest and have the bad surprise to see lot of white dots on low and medium light. I make the same thing with my SJCam SJ4000 wifi and doesn't have any problem.
I love this little Git2 but having problem on my first video it's hard.

This is an exemple of white dots I've (they move because stabilization is "ON")

Must be seen in fullscreen and 1080p for best result

My second problem is the Webcam mode, that's what I can see when I use it on Skype

932584Sanstitre1.png

Image is in B/W and lot of colors lines

Does my Git2 have an hardware problem like optical lens?

Last edited:
I just got my Git2 and I have a question about the frame mount. It meant to very hard to put the camera in and put out as mine is. Here is a picture of the frame mount.

uploadfromtaptalk1452292526987.jpg

I just fired up my brand new Git2 that I bought from GearBest (waited 2 weeks for "expedited delivery") and shot a video of a black background at 1080P60, and I have at least a DOZEN dead pixels. I've sent an email to Gitup to see it they will do something. This is NOT ACCEPTABLE on a brand new camera. Even my crappy YI didn't have any dead pixels. I am VERY disappointed in Gitup!
Have you tried filming in the dark with your Yi?

All the Sony sensors have this issue, give it reasonable lighting and it will be fine.

I just got my Git2 and I have a question about the frame mount. It meant to very hard to put the camera in and put out as mine is. Here is a picture of the frame mount.

View attachment 20041
Well you don't want it falling out when you drive over a pothole in the car!

It is a tight fit, but with a little practice you should find it OK, it doesn't need much force, just correct positioning, the clip is a little flexible - put it under that last when putting it in and lift that first to get it out.

Hello I just received my Git2 from GearBest and have the bad surprise to see lot of white dots on low and medium light. I make the same thing with my SJCam SJ4000 wifi and doesn't have any problem.
I love this little Git2 but having problem on my first video it's hard.

This is an exemple of white dots I've (they move because stabilization is "ON")

Must be seen in fullscreen and 1080p for best result

My second problem is the Webcam mode, that's what I can see when I use it on Skype

932584Sanstitre1.png

Image is in B/W and lot of colors lines
Regarding the white dots, we are working on that.
For web camera function, mainly related to the drive, which OS do you use?

Regarding the white dots, we are working on that.
For web camera function, mainly related to the drive, which OS do you use?
My OS is Windows 10 64bits. Will try on another computer with Windows 7 looking if there's problem too. This issue appear on 2 differents computer with the same OS (win10). Is there any Windows drivers for Git2?

How a firmware can fix the dead pixel? Is there other way to fix this probleme like filming a pixel flikering video?

How a firmware can fix the dead pixel? Is there other way to fix this probleme like filming a pixel flikering video?
It's not dead pixel but artefacts. Dead pixel is when your pixel screen die but you can't see it if you look your video on another screen because this another screen don't have dead pixel. You can see it's not dead pixel because white dots move if you activate gyro. Dead pixel never move, it'just dead.

Well you don't want it falling out when you drive over a pothole in the car!

It is a tight fit, but with a little practice you should find it OK, it doesn't need much force, just correct positioning, the clip is a little flexible - put it under that last when putting it in and lift that first to get it out.

Please check this video about how to setup the camera to the frame, file size is only 1.63M.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/git2/install git2 to the frame.MOV

Thanks for the info on the frame mount.

Ok after looking on my other PC with a difference OS (win7) I've exactly the same issue with my Git2 in Web Camera Mode. Image is black and with with colored lines too. So it's not a driver problem.

Ok after looking on my other PC with a difference OS (win7) I've exactly the same issue with my Git2 in Web Camera Mode. Image is black and with with colored lines too. So it's not a driver problem.
Can you try a different resolution?
What resolution are you using?

The pixels are not actually dead, it is just that some don't work so well in the dark, really they just need calibrating, but without taking too much processor power to do it. It is a lot easier to do for photos where there is plenty of time to do the processing so the long exposure photos don't show the problem.

It seems that almost every person nowadays is buying an action cam to film the inside of their wardrobe at night or they search for ghosts in the basement.

Last edited:
Yeaahhhhh, It (partially) work. I use Git2 with AMCap and all's OK. It seems Skype doesn't like Git driver ;)

It seems that almost every person noways is buying an action cam to film the inside of their wardrobe at night or they search for ghosts in the basement.

This is not the issue , artifacts appear on the black objects even in a room with normal ambient light like that:

Last edited:
Yeaahhhhh, It (partially) work. I use Git2 with AMCap and all's OK. It seems Skype doesn't like Git driver ;)

This is not the issue , artifacts appear on the black objects even in a room with normal ambient light like that:

I have this problem, too. When gyro on, the dots are moving.

I agree. Even with lot of light from the windows the dots are here.

Filming a bike ride in a dense dark forest, even during a sunny day, could be problematic for example.

Last edited:
Back