GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

Selecting narrow FOV will also decrease some of the fish eye.

I don't see this option under picture only video. I know I looked at all the pics from this site but I guess I didn't realize how bad it was with Pics. I just finally got mine charged up and started taking random pics around the house....so far not looking good.

Ordered mine this week, hope to get it soon :D Can't wait!

If somebody is looking for spare battery, on DX.com you can get an SJCAM charger + battery for a couple of dollars.

I don't see this option under picture only video. I know I looked at all the pics from this site but I guess I didn't realize how bad it was with Pics. I just finally got mine charged up and started taking random pics around the house....so far not looking good.
You will find it is a lot better when you get outside, but if you still want narrow angle photos then just crop the image on your computer to give the angle you want. If the camera did have a narrow angle photo option then it would do the cropping and the result would be the same. It does not have a zoom lens to allow for optical adjustment of FOV.

Hey partners! Here is my first video testing the gyro in motorcycle. It works very very very very good!

Last edited:
I want to correct myself. I was reporting white dots on low/medium light videos on the git2, and I said that other cameras were free of this problem. This is wrong, someone complained about a similar issue on the sj5000x.

I've done more testing with the git2, and the photos are totally clean, without any hot pixel even in total darkness.

Last edited:
I want to correct myself. I was reporting whites dots on low/medium light videos on the git2, and I said that others cameras were free of this problem. This is wrong, someone complained about a similar issue on the sj5000x.

I've done more testing with the git2, and the photos are totally clean, without any hot pixel even in total darkness.
Thank you.
We plan to find solution before Chinese new year.

Got the update sorted now, thank you for recommending using a 32gig or smaller card. Have found a link to batteries and chargers in another thread so will soon get that sorted, all that's left now is to get some videos done. Got one in editing I may post up but it's only in 720@30fps, good video but wish I had used 1080@60.

I keep hearing how so many people have great experience with gearbest... so far, mine is the worst

I ordered a git2 on Xmas from gearbest, only found out today that it was shipped out to DHL after 2 weeks. Then on top of that, I just received an update from DHL that the package has been returned to shipper today! This completely blows my mind, makes zero sense. Going on holiday in 2 weeks, now I'm getting worried :eek::eek:

ordered mine on black Friday and didn't turn up till December the 23rd. Think the lapse in shipping time is due to not actually having the stock, cant comment on why it would be sent back though

I keep hearing how so many people have great experience with gearbest... so far, mine is the worst

I ordered a git2 on Xmas from gearbest, only found out today that it was shipped out to DHL after 2 weeks. Then on top of that, I just received an update from DHL that the package has been returned to shipper today! This completely blows my mind, makes zero sense. Going on holiday in 2 weeks, now I'm getting worried :eek::eek:

Your probleme is DHL , not gearbest . I have made 4 orders from gearbest and they all have been ship , recieve 2 order so far .

I assume if DHL send parcel back its cuz they trashed it, now if that had been Danish postal they would just tape it up and send it on, and deny everything as thats ther modus operandi.

Maybe someone else is interested in a free way to defish videos (and photos) from Git2.

This can easily be done with VirtualDub:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/vir...n/1.10.4.35491/VirtualDub-1.10.4.zip/download

and the Barrel Distortion Filter Plugin:

http://emiliano.deepabyss.org/All_filters/All_filters_Bin.zip

To edit mp4-files you also need the FFInputDriver:

http://ftp.ie.vim.org/mirrors/downl...tplugin/V1838/VirtualdubFFMpegPlugin_1838.zip
  • First download the FFInputDriver and unzip the content into the VirtualDub folder.
  • Unzip the files from All_filters_Bin.zip into the plugins32 folder of VirtualDub.
  • Load (drag and drop) video or photos.
  • Click on Video..Filters...Add... and choose the Barrel Distortion filter from the list.
  • Uncheck Aspect-ratio box.
  • Insert values for ALPHA and BETA (ALPHA = -0.3, BETA = 0.072 seem to be good values for Git2).
  • Click OK... and also close the filter list with OK (Distortion should be corrected now, see pictures below).
defish.jpg

pic2.png

pic3.png

If you have questions or suggestions, let me know.

Last edited:
Also I think your
ALPHA = -0.3
BETA = 0.072

values are OK.
You can also save only a video segment.
I suggest to use X264 as codec to reencode the video.

Now because GitUp area is split in 2 subforums people from Git1 need to read both forums.

enjoy,
Mtz

I just fired up my brand new Git2 that I bought from GearBest (waited 2 weeks for "expedited delivery") and shot a video of a black background at 1080P60, and I have at least a DOZEN dead pixels. I've sent an email to Gitup to see it they will do something. This is NOT ACCEPTABLE on a brand new camera. Even my crappy YI didn't have any dead pixels. I am VERY disappointed in Gitup!

Maybe someone else is interested in a free way to defish videos (and photos) from Git2.

This can easily be done with VirtualDub:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/vir...n/1.10.4.35491/VirtualDub-1.10.4.zip/download

and the Barrel Distortion Filter Plugin:

http://emiliano.deepabyss.org/All_filters/All_filters_Bin.zip

To edit mp4-files you also need the FFInputDriver:

http://ftp.ie.vim.org/mirrors/downl...tplugin/V1838/VirtualdubFFMpegPlugin_1838.zip
  • First download the FFInputDriver and unzip the content into the VirtualDub folder.
  • Unzip the files from All_filters_Bin.zip into the plugins32 folder of VirtualDub.
  • Load (drag and drop) video or photos.
  • Click on Video..Filters...Add... and choose the Barrel Distortion filter from the list.
  • Uncheck Aspect-ratio box.
  • Insert values for ALPHA and BETA (ALPHA = -0.3, BETA = 0.072 seem to be good values for Git2).
  • Click OK... and also close the filter list with OK (Distortion should be corrected now, see pictures below).
defish.jpg

pic2.png

pic3.png

If you have questions or suggestions, let me know.

Aweseom - will have to give it a try over the weekend. Thanks

Back