GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

I would think for underwater use the wider lens would be preferred
Yes, if the narrow lens is focused to infinity then most of the fish are going to be out of focus since the depth of field will be a fair bit less than with the wide lens and even with the wide lens the smaller fish tend to be a little close for good focus.

Can you do a selfie with the narrow lens and get yourself in focus?

Hi Gitup,

I just got the GIT2 and the RF Wrist Remote Controller.

I want to do the following procedures with the remote controller and FN Cam APP, but i cannot figure out how to do it.
  1. GIT2 switch to photo mode
  2. Enable the photo time lapse function in 5sec
  3. Put the GIT2 in a tripod
  4. Rise it up to 2 meters high
  5. Enable the Wifi function by the RF wrist remote controller
  6. Use the FN Cam APP to check the angle and position are correct or not
  7. Use the RF wrist remote controller (or the FN Cam APP) to activate the photo time lapse function
  8. Use the RF wrist remote controller to turn off the GIT2 after 30 minutes
Am I the only one user requesting this feature?
Please teach me how to it.
Thanks a lot.
After enable the Wi-Fi, you can not control the camera with the wrist remote control.
So I suggest you turn on the photo time lapse function first.
Then using the finalcam to check the view angle, if it is OK, turn off the Wi-Fi.
Then using the remote control to switch photo mode and start the taking time lapse photo.

I don't know if GitUp want to complicate the things.
Questions about a possible version of 94 degrees:
1. Same Git2 name? If yes, they can look like SJCam which forgot to add Gyro for SJ4000+ and SJ5000X.
2. Git3 just because of 94 degrees lens? Too early to launch a new version, Git1 and Git2 buyers will not feel OK.
3. Put some round sticker over the Git2 gift box, one model with 170 degrees and the other Git2 model with 94 degrees sticker? Seems OK.
4. If lens require different firmwares because of wide/narrow FOV option in menu; or colors, white balance? They need to always offer 2 firmwares at each update and hope that the users will use correct firmware.
5. Higher price for 94 degrees lens Git2 version? Because 94 degrees lens costs more.

enjoy,
Mtz
If we want to sell this version, maybe it is simple just sell it as Git2 94 degree FOV version, and only sell the camera body.
The problem is not sure how many people will buy it and the lens is a little higher.

The problem is not sure how many people will buy it and the lens is a little higher.

I suspect it's a small section of the market, if nobody else is doing it then it could still be worth looking at, problem is as soon as you do that then every other copycat camera gives that option and you're back to being a small section of the market

For stereo mic: voltage: 2.5V +/- 0.2V
For mono mic: voltage: 0.82V +/- 0.2V

Thanks for the info and quick response. I measured the ID pin on the USB connector and it appears to have an internal 100k pullup to 3.3V. So to complete the puzzle for the next guy:
From voltage divider formula: Vout = 3.3V * (R / (R + 100k))
For stereo mic: voltage: 2.5V +/- 0.2V resistor from ID to GND: 312k (330k is close enough)
For mono mic: voltage: 0.82V +/- 0.2V resistor from ID to GND: 33k

Last edited:
I like that 94 deg lens for both a action and dash camera.

I suspect it's a small section of the market, if nobody else is doing it then it could still be worth looking at, problem is as soon as you do that then every other copycat camera gives that option and you're back to being a small section of the market
The 94fov would take the hassle away from editing the flightvideos with software to get a straight horizon. Could you make a lens as an addon the user could change by himself - e.g. screw off the "normal" lens and put on the 94fov?

Edit: another idea: the gopros do have a software tweak to use a more narrow / central section of the sensor called narrow fov, this should be more easy to do? I would still prefer a physical solution.

Last edited:
What you said makes sense now. Gearbest mentioned something about a "forwarder" and will reattempt shipping but it might take until the end of the week, FML.

They seem to ship via multiple routes. DHL from Singapore will deliver in UK next day, problem is that Gearbest seem to get it to DHL in Singapore via bicycle so it takes over 1 week to reach DHL! If they ship via DHL in Hong Kong then it is much faster, maybe 2 days to reach DHL and then delivered in UK next day.

Gearbest does have cheap prices, but don't expect fast delivery, even expedited, the cheap prices come first, I'm sure it will get sorted eventually though.

What you said makes sense now. Gearbest mentioned something about a "forwarder" and will reattempt shipping but it might take until the end of the week, FML.

even when done through DHL they often use a forwarder from another company that collates the the orders and gets them to DHL

Thanks for the info and quick response. I measured the ID pin on the USB connector and it appears to have an internal 100k pullup to 3.3V. So to complete the puzzle for the next guy:
From voltage divider formula: Vout = 3.3V * (R / R + 100k)
For stereo mic: voltage: 2.5V +/- 0.2V resistor from ID to GND: 312k (330k is close enough)
For mono mic: voltage: 0.82V +/- 0.2V resistor from ID to GND: 33k
I used 33k resistos and I want stereo [emoji20]

I change the resistor and install a 330K?

Hi Everyone,

This question is for Gitup however if anyone else could help they are most welcome, I bought Git2 recently like a month ago and today while i was trying to open it there was no response like no response at all i tried taking out the battery and the SD card but nothing. I am still new to action cameras so I have no idea as to what's wrong with the camera even though it has not been abused in any ways. Infact i had it in the steel type frame that comes with the camera mounts just in case of avoiding any damage. Last when i used the camera was 11th January, currently i am trying to charge using its original cable it to see if i can get it to start.

After enable the Wi-Fi, you can not control the camera with the wrist remote control.
So I suggest you turn on the photo time lapse function first.
Then using the finalcam to check the view angle, if it is OK, turn off the Wi-Fi.
Then using the remote control to switch photo mode and start the taking time lapse photo.

New
Hi Everyone,

This question is for Gitup (not sure how to tag you here so using reply) however if anyone else could help they are most welcome, I bought Git2 recently like a month ago and today while i was trying to open it there was no response like no response at all i tried taking out the battery and the SD card but nothing. I am still new to action cameras so I have no idea as to what's wrong with the camera even though it has not been abused in any ways. Infact i had it in the steel type frame that comes with the camera mounts just in case of avoiding any damage. Last when i used the camera was 11th January, currently i am trying to charge using its original cable it to see if i can get it to start.

I used 33k resistos and I want stereo [emoji20]

I change the resistor and install a 330K?
Gito75, I think for most normal microphone applications you will not notice any difference between stereo and mono mic. Your mic input will get duplicated on both channels of the audio track of the MP4 file. But for some unusual applications it would matter. For example, I'm recording a helmet radio conversation on the left track, with ambient motorcycle engine sound on the right track. Bottom line, if it sounds OK to you, don't bother changing out your resistor.

I make some tests with audio and internal mic, when the sound is loud, the microphone does not saturate even with max sensitivity ( i work in train, i try some records at full throttle and its sound OK ;D Impossible with my previous xiaomi yi), but for example, record a music or something more "silent" I find the mic not sensitive enough and the sound seems muffled (or it is a problem with my camera)

There should be a compromise with the sensitivity setting, just increase a little to give utility to other settings, sensitivity set to maximum, the sound is quite low for me

Gito75, I think for most normal microphone applications you will not notice any difference between stereo and mono mic. Your mic input will get duplicated on both channels of the audio track of the MP4 file. But for some unusual applications it would matter. For example, I'm recording a helmet radio conversation on the left track, with ambient motorcycle engine sound on the right track. Bottom line, if it sounds OK to you, don't bother changing out your resistor.
Thanks so much SquigDawg. When I have some time I will make test.

There should be a compromise with the sensitivity setting, just increase a little to give utility to other settings, sensitivity set to maximum, the sound is quite low for me
The volume adjustment will be improved in next version, currently not sure this will help in that testing.

What would be really cool is if there was a magnetically operated switch in the camera, and a magnet in the waterproof case. Then it would automatically turn the mic up to the most sensitive while sealed up in the case, but go to normal when not in the case.

Reactions: Mtz
What would be really cool is if there was a magnetically operated switch in the camera, and a magnet in the waterproof case. Then it would automatically turn the mic up to the most sensitive while sealed up in the case, but go to normal when not in the case.
Yes and no, as using the waterproof case on a bike handle bar will make it pick up rolling sounds from the crank set, wheels, bearings and they resonate inside the case and with high sensitivity the sound will be clipped.

Yes and no, as using the waterproof case on a bike handle bar will make it pick up rolling sounds from the crank set, wheels, bearings and they resonate inside the case and with high sensitivity the sound will be clipped.
Hmmm good point. Forgot about that, since I've only used it on my bike once. Prefer to have it on my helmet instead.

Back