GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

Also mine Git2 has the white dots in low light! :(
Is there any chance to solve it? I need the camera mainly for indoor situations

Is there a timer for Photo mode ? Without remote control its harder to achieve steady shots with long exposure

Also mine Git2 has the white dots in low light! :(
Is there any chance to solve it? I need the camera mainly for indoor situations
action cam and indoor is not good . the sensor is 1/2.3 of a inch they are to small for indoor . here 4 options that can be good or help
cheapest to more expensive.

get a git 1 , it have less pixels on the sensor so they are bigger and catch light more efficiently.(2mp vs 16mp) around 60$

studio lights or any kind of lights. 50$ and up

dslm camera 400$ and up

dslr camera. 400$ and up

Tested 480p 240fps mode - it's fake. I watched video frame by frame and found that picture changes each 8th frame - so video is recorded in 30fps mode and additional frames are just still copies.
I don't need this mode very much but any case I disappointed with that such deception

action cam and indoor is not good . the sensor is 1/2.3 of a inch they are to small for indoor . here 4 options that can be good or help
cheapest to more expensive.

get a git 1 , it have less pixels on the sensor so they are bigger and catch light more efficiently.(2mp vs 16mp) around 60$

studio lights or any kind of lights. 50$ and up

dslm camera 400$ and up

dslr camera. 400$ and up

I can understand that Actioncam are not great in interior and gives grainy images but here we have white dots that make it unusable. Which is a shame for a camera to over 130 dollars when I do not have that problem with a SJCam4000 $ 70. And when you hear the answers to this issue, it looks like "well you had to buy something else if you are not happy". It's not like that GitUp will build customer loyalty.

Tested 480p 240fps mode - it's fake. I watched video frame by frame and found that picture changes each 8th frame - so video is recorded in 30fps mode and additional frames are just still copies.
I don't need this mode very much but any case I disappointed with that such deception
To get 240 frames a second you obviously need to be able to collect the images in less than 1/240th of a second so you need enough light for at least a 250th second exposure. This requires either very bright studio lighting, or full sunlight.

If there is not enough light for a fast enough exposure time then the camera will start duplicating the frames so that it still has enough for 240/second even though there is not enough light.

Last edited:
Is there a timer for Photo mode ? Without remote control its harder to achieve steady shots with long exposure
You can use the timelapse mode, only difference to a normal self timer is that it will reset itself after taking the photo and start the countdown again, so you have to cancel it after you have enough photos.

Also my other action camera from a different company (Not SJ) is more than good in low light, but I understand that the 3 megapixel sensor suffers less the dark situations. For me the problem is not the overall quality, but the white pixels in the video. If there is a way to eliminate them for me is more than enough.

I can understand that Actioncam are not great in interior and gives grainy images but here we have white dots that make it unusable. Which is a shame for a camera to over 130 dollars when I do not have that problem with a SJCam4000 $ 70. And when you hear the answers to this issue, it looks like "well you had to buy something else if you are not happy". It's not like that GitUp will build customer loyalty.
I've yet to see a video recorded in reasonable lighting that shows a problem with white dots. I have seen videos recorded in the wardrobe with the lights turned off that have the issue, and there are people talking about it without posting any videos, but is this a real problem in any real scenarios?

I know that Gitup is working on an improvement anyway...

You can use the timelapse mode, only difference to a normal self timer is that it will reset itself after taking the photo and start the countdown again, so you have to cancel it after you have enough photos.
Will add this self timer in next firmware, seems many user require this.

Indoor, with two big light turned on, so not a "wardrobe with the lights turned off" ;)

the most annoying hot pixel is in the center of the screen, in the table leg.

There are lots of white moving dots on my video recorded in the dark!

Will add this self timer in next firmware, seems many user require this.
Hello,
is it possible to add video rotation also is useful when making videos of a quadcopter. Thx

I've yet to receive my git2... but maybe @gitup can comment if they will consider these in future firmwares if they do not already exist.

Possible to do 24fps/30fps/48fps/60fps for any of these resolutions? These are all 4:3, I haven't heard of any action cams (other than gopro) that support these resolutions.
2704 x 2028
1920 x 1440
1280 x 960

h4resolutions.png

Hi, just got my Git2. Yeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!

I don't still have any µSD I can use :-( (I ordered after, i didn't think to buy one with cam).
I only have an old 2 GB, not fast enough, i could update the firmware.

So, I have some questions.
-WDR: On or Off? (which preset for which situation?)
-How works slow motion?
-Which preset of sharpness do you use?
-What is G-Sensor?

That's all for today. Thanks.

Hi, just got my Git2. Yeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!

I don't still have any µSD I can use :-( (I ordered after, i didn't think to buy one with cam).
I only have an old 2 GB, not fast enough, i could update the firmware.

-How works slow motion?
-What is G-Sensor?

For good daylight recording, good to turn the WDR off and set sharpness normal.

The G-sensor is basically feature for dash cams. A G-sensor is triggered by a g-force event like an impact or a sudden braking maneuver. Whenever an event is detected, the camera will automatically mark the current footage for safekeeping (so it doesn’t accidentally get deleted by the loop recording).

-How works slow motion?
-What is G-Sensor?

You can also see a full menu guide HERE

Back