GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

Hey Gitup,

any update on android and ios apps?

Give us an ~ release date.

Hello! You could increase the bitrate of the video and photo quality, if technically possible. At least 30Mbit. A lot of noise in the form of "cubes"on the video.((

GitUp, what is the max bitrate for the sony chip? I have a very fast microsd card that can get 60 mb/s. Is there i we can utilize the entire bitrate my sdcard is capable of instead of 20-30 mb/s?

Indoor, with two big light turned on, so not a "wardrobe with the lights turned off" ;)

the most annoying hot pixel is in the center of the screen, in the table leg.

I agree. I tried to remove these hot pixels in virtualdub, but none of the plugins I tried was able to remove them.
If someone know a plugin that would work on moving hot pixels, I would like to know which one.
I'm okay with video noise on an action camera but not with hot pixels.

I compared with a mini 805 dashcam, and the mini 805 has some noise too, but is devoid of any hot pixels.

@jogger

Bitrate depend on the CMOS and allso the chipset, but if you stay at the same resolution then cranking up bitrate isent a universal solution, at some point you usioally reach a point where you see no further gain.
Sure some cameras can crank out massice bitrates but thats normally in company with a higher resolution or increase.
Allso higher bitrate = more heat beeing generated by the chipset. ( in this regard its a little like overclocking on computers )

PS. Your SD card seem to be 60 MB/s and thats can host a massive bitrate, the 100 mbits that the gopros and sony 4K cameras can crank out will be no problem for that SD card.

Mb/s and MB/s is not the same spelled wrong, Megabits Vs Megabytes, sure they go hand in hand but its 2 different tings.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/question-on-sd-card-speed-needed.16585/

If only this was based on Ambarella chipset you could use a tool and crank up bitrate in the firmware yourself, but this is a Novatek based camera as i recall.

GitUp, what is the max bitrate for the sony chip? I have a very fast microsd card that can get 60 mb/s. Is there i we can utilize the entire bitrate my sdcard is capable of instead of 20-30 mb/s?
I suspect that with the current bitrate you are looking at the limits of the colour depth used in H264 encoding rather than the limits of bitrate. I don't think that extra bitrate will help with that.

I received mi GitUp Git2 cam yesterday and I did some quick tests with it and my GoPro Hero 4 Silver. Enjoy it!

Test 1:
1080p60 video comparing both action cams:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=0DLmicG11jU

Test 2:

Test 3:
Frames extracted from 1080p60 videos:

@gitup
Testing multi camera setup with USB HUB:
- When powering on the hub (but not connected to PC) HUB is on charging mode but GIT2 has setting Dashcam autostrat but after turning on goes directly in menu for mass storage / pc camera.
How can we skip the mass storage selection menu and direcly start recording after power on..
UPDATE:
this was only first time after upgrade of firmware, now working as expecting so when powering on it starts recording..

Last edited:
@gitup
Other question: is it possible that when USB hub is connected to PC that the GIT2 Cam afer power on directly goes into MASS Storage mode without need to press button on GIT2 cam ?

Back