GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

Internet protocol.

Ip cameras ( CCTV ) send ther footage to storage via a regular Rj45 network cable, they are allso controlled that way, and can allso be powered via the network cable too providing its a POE camera ( power Over Ethernet )
If not POE then the camera is usioally powered by a 12 V PSU.
I have my IP cameras connected to a NVR box, that is in turn connected with a HDMI cable to my TV so i can control and view footage there ( use wireless mouse to control cursor on TV screen )
The NVR is allso connected to my network so i can acess it via software on my computer, here i can allso control and view footage, the same i can do via WIFI on my 7" tablet, that one i have at the head of my bed while i sleep, so within seconds of waking up i can get full situational awareness.

There is a fjew ways of getting HD CCTV footage, one is IP cameras, another one is called HD-SDI where the signal go over a coaxial cable instead of a network cable.

PS. IP cameras can allso have a onbord wifi module, then they dont need the Rj45 cable, but i am not a big fan of wifi so i will prefer to spend 3-4 days drawing cables instead.

I just wanted to say the v1.4 firmware is great. Thank you Gitup. These little annoyances are no longer a problem for me:
1. Hot pixels fixed by calibration
2. Can now select which LEDs blink during recording even with Car Mode
3. Audio with builtin mic seems much louder now
4. Recording now continues after 4GB file boundary even with Loop Recording disabled

Last edited:
I just got the Git2 and noticed that indoors the videos are very grainy. Outdoors it seems Ok, but does appear to have a touch of grain. I've read a few post that talk about lens focus. Is there a manual on how to do that?

My iphone 6 (non S) takes much better videos indoor.

Indoor videos are not in connection with lens focusing, the grain you see is noise because of not enough light and this is a general rule for all cameras with big sensors. For example Git1 with its just 2MP CMOS have better indoor images than 16MP of Git 2.
Git2 is an action camera and is expected to be used outdoor.
If I put the finger in a dark area image from indoor on my chinese no-name smartphone will add more bright so the resulted image will be brighter than Git2.

Just go outside and make some recordings and look if lens is focused. There was just few reports of lens not focused, but this was only on one side of lens.

enjoy,
Mtz

I just got the Git2 and noticed that indoors the videos are very grainy. Outdoors it seems Ok, but does appear to have a touch of grain. I've read a few post that talk about lens focus. Is there a manual on how to do that?

Try change sharpnes setting, make much differences in low light.

Your iPhone 6 has one of the best mobile cameras. And it costs much more than your Git2 :-) You can't compare so different devices. DSLRs also take better video - but you can't use them for capturing action videos.
Git2 makes perfect outdoor videos. For indoor and low-light video you can find better cams (for example Git1 and others)

Raising the light level in the room can make a difference. With my Yi action cam I have to.

Yeah but that is what you have to accept.

If you have a small sensor, mobile phone camera, action cam, you will not get great video or pictures in low light. But you can compensate for that
anyway, besides there is a reason it is called a action cam. It is not supposed to get great video of action in the dark. For that you will have to use a DSLR camera.

Reactions: Mtz
And even then you will hav a hard time if it is fast paced action, to capture somthing fast you really need a quick exposure timing, but to be able to get usable footage in the dark most cameras need a slower exposure timing to be able to collect enuff light to make a bright frame/photo.

I would say to get a good crisp image of somthing moving you need at least 1:500 second exposure timing, but action and dashcams drop as low as 1:30 second when it get dark, and by dark i dont mean pitch black, actually far from it.

This is allso why if you watch x games or what ever event and it is at night, they will have that arena lit up like a x mas tree, it is allso why when you see slow motion recordings they are often dark, this is cuz with 10.000 FPS you need a whole lot of light cuz with that number of FPS there is a simmilar fast exposure timing for each frame.

I've quickly wrote my view on Git 2 vs Git 1 and whole "which one is better" question.
http://pevly.com/gitup-git-1-vs-git-2-comparison/
It was a quickly done article, so if you guys think I missed something or said something which is incorrect, feel free to tell me.
Good comparison, I especially like the fact that you explain both advantages of the Git1 and the Git2. Some people only see that Git1 < Git2 and 2Mpix < 16Mpix, which sadly are not the only facts that determine a camera's usage, requirements and performance.

Good comparison, I especially like the fact that you explain both advantages of the Git1 and the Git2. Some people only see that Git1 < Git2 and 2Mpix < 16Mpix, which sadly are not the only facts that determine a camera's usage, requirements and performance.

Thanks so much. I also added yours side by side videos which are awesome. I wanted to record my own, but seeing your being that great, there was no point in recreating something that already exists. :)

Yeah but that is what you have to accept.

If you have a small sensor, mobile phone camera, action cam, you will not get great video or pictures in low light. But you can compensate for that
anyway, besides there is a reason it is called a action cam. It is not supposed to get great video of action in the dark. For that you will have to use a DSLR camera.
For family videos Sony makes excellent and relatively inexpensive movie cameras.

I planned to make a video yesterday for my action camera test channel (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLdle7NDE_1YgkmwTN_6gkzDzH9-y0cee) explaining how to use the remote wrist control for the Git2. It worked a couple of times but then became unreliable. I tried several times to pair it with the camera and it will not work. I did a factory default reset on the camera and again it worked briefly , but then tried several times and it will not connect. I took the battery out of the remote to try and reset it as well.

The LED's are flashing on the remote so I know there is battery life OK. It has never really been used so is a new battery. Instructions are here http://www.gitup.com/blog/10_How-to-pair-the-Git1-with-RC.html But the symbol 'pairing' as in picture 3 of the instructions has never shown even when it did connect, and paired success also doesn't show.

I am using a Git2 with FW 1.4. I hadn't tried it before with 1.3. Is this a FW 1.4 problem?

Once you have pressed the buttons on the remote exactly how in button presses do you return to the video ready to shoot screen? I think this may be the problem.

I planned to make a video yesterday for my video test channel (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLdle7NDE_1YgkmwTN_6gkzDzH9-y0cee) explaining how to use the remote wrist control for the Git2. It worked a couple of times but then became unreliable. I tried several times to pair it with the camera and it will not work. I did a factory default reset on the camera and again it worked briefly , but tyhen tried several times and it will not connect. The LED's are flashing on the remore
Just got the camera in the mail, pretty awesome how small it is. Problem for me right now is I cant get the remote to work with it. It wasn't pairing on the firmware it came with (1.2.xxxx) or the latest firmware (1.3.xxxx) I have reset camera back to default 2 times and opened wrist remote to take out battery and put back in but it still doesn't connect. The button cell battery in the watch is a 3v but when I test with multimeter it's only 2.6v or so. Is that my problem?

I just made a new post, I have the same problem, cannot pair to the camera.

I've quickly wrote my view on Git 2 vs Git 1 and whole "which one is better" question.
http://pevly.com/gitup-git-1-vs-git-2-comparison/
It was a quickly done article, so if you guys think I missed something or said something which is incorrect, feel free to tell me.
Nice article :)

I think you should take another look at gyro stabilisation. This bit is not right:
", but will only work for up and down, not when camera goes left and right."
I think the left and right is the most important part of it, try panning smoothly left to right with gyro on and off and it is obvious that on is far smoother.
It also corrects rotation, roll the camera a little with gyro on and off and again you will see the difference.

Some other cameras may not correct all directions, the SJ5000X Elite even made a negative correction for roll making it worse with gyro on until the last firmware update!

Thanks, before seeing your reply I had just changed the battery and it's working fine. Funny that the battery in the wrist remote had never been used and was already almost exhausted? I temporarily replaced it with a battery that was at least 5 or 10 years old from another remote and that worked fine!

Indoor videos are not in connection with lens focusing, the grain you see is noise because of not enough light and this is a general rule for all cameras with big sensors. For example Git1 with its just 2MP CMOS have better indoor images than 16MP of Git 2.
Git2 is an action camera and is expected to be used outdoor.
If I put the finger in a dark area image from indoor on my chinese no-name smartphone will add more bright so the resulted image will be brighter than Git2.

Just go outside and make some recordings and look if lens is focused. There was just few reports of lens not focused, but this was only on one side of lens.

enjoy,
Mtz
My main issue is that when im using it indoors to record some volleyball games its very grainy. Its not even that dark inside. Since this is live action i was hoping it would be good for this use.

Maybe im expecting too much. Im new to these action cam, bit wasnt expecting it to be thst bad indoors (with decent lighting).

Back