GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

I try to use git2 as a dash cam but failed to have the camera auto record after starting the engine. Is this normal?

My existing dash cam will immediately starts recording as soon I start the engine. My settings is car mode on, motion detection: off, auto power off: off, screen auto sleep:1 minute, g-sensor: middle.

I try to use git2 as a dash cam but failed to have the camera auto record after starting the engine. Is this normal?

My existing dash cam will immediately starts recording as soon I start the engine. My settings is car mode on, motion detection: off, auto power off: off, screen auto sleep:1 minute, g-sensor: middle.
Can you check it with a wall charger or power bank?

I planned to make a video yesterday for my action camera test channel (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLdle7NDE_1YgkmwTN_6gkzDzH9-y0cee) explaining how to use the remote wrist control for the Git2. It worked a couple of times but then became unreliable. I tried several times to pair it with the camera and it will not work. I did a factory default reset on the camera and again it worked briefly , but then tried several times and it will not connect. I took the battery out of the remote to try and reset it as well.

The LED's are flashing on the remote so I know there is battery life OK. It has never really been used so is a new battery. Instructions are here http://www.gitup.com/blog/10_How-to-pair-the-Git1-with-RC.html But the symbol 'pairing' as in picture 3 of the instructions has never shown even when it did connect, and paired success also doesn't show.

I am using a Git2 with FW 1.4. I hadn't tried it before with 1.3. Is this a FW 1.4 problem?

Once you have pressed the buttons on the remote exactly how in button presses do you return to the video ready to shoot screen? I think this may be the problem.
Thanks for your video, we used your video on our site, wish you don't mind, otherwise please let me know to remove it.
I just checked the pairing procedure, I can see the paring success msg, will do more testing.

Thanks for your video, we used your video on our site, wish you don't mind, otherwise please let me know to remove it.
I just checked the pairing procedure, I can see the paring success msg, will do more testing.

No problem at all to use my video.

Maybe I missed the pairing message? Once it is paired it is not necessary to pair again I guess?

Hi, my Gitup2 doesn't seem to be functioning properly. When left to record it will make 4Gb videos. The first two will work but all videos after this are corrupt and unfixeable. I am running the latest firmware, 64GB Class 10 SD card.

Hi, my Gitup2 doesn't seem to be functioning properly. When left to record it will make 4Gb videos. The first two will work but all videos after this are corrupt and unfixeable. I am running the latest firmware, 64GB Class 10 SD card.

need to report this to @gitup they will check and if it is confirmed as a bug will get it fixed

have you tried a different memory card at all?

I just connected a stereo microphone to a camera via 10 pin usb cable but seems like it can't record stereo sound

Give the memory card a test: http://www.heise.de/download/h2testw.html

If it is OK then you could try a lower bitrate setting, not all cards will be able to manage the highest bitrate setting.

Last edited:
I just connected a stereo microphone to a camera via 10 pin usb cable but seems like it can't record stereo sound
It can record stereo if it knows that it is a stereo microphone. Are you using an adaptor cable or a microphone with a USB plug?

If you do a search on the forum you should be able to find other posts about this issue.

It can record stereo if it knows that it is a stereo microphone. Are you using an adaptor cable or a microphone with a USB plug?

If you do a search on the forum you should be able to find other posts about this issue.

yep, adapter

found some information about 330kOhm. that sucks:(

Last edited:
What version of the firmware are you on?

Un pequeño analisis para los de hablahispana ,La verdad que esta camara es excelente precio calidad ,lo que si para sacerle el maximo partido a tus tomas de video o fotografia tienes que hacer pruebas con ella porque tiene bastantes cambios para modificar como es el ISO si auto o fijo,la nitidez se puede cambiar a soft,normal y strong al menos es lo que he probado con la nueva version 1.4 asi como el bitrate.el color vivo o normal,etc Entonces para probar todo esto simplemente carga tu camara cuando salgas de casa y de ida graba por ejemplo a 1080p 60fps,High bitrate color Vivo ,Nitidez a normal,HDR off ,Gyro off asi tambien te das cuenta de la cantidad de espacio que ocupa este video solo con un minuto, Haces lo mismo pero esta vez 1080p 60fps Color vivo,Nitidez Soft ,HDR off ,gryo off y asi sucesivamente sabras que todo cambio influye deacuerdo a los resultados que deseamos,despues puedes probar a 1080p 30fps en fin alli tienes bastante para practicar y conocer mejor tu camara con una memoria de 64GB a 1080p 60fps High Bitrate te da unas 3horas y media aproximado con Medium Bitrate te dara unas 4 horas y media por eso o te compras 2 tarjetas de 64GB o una de 128gb si deseas grabar full HD a 60fps High Bitrate,pero los resultado de grabacion cambian deacuerdo a la iluminacion y settings por eso no es lo mismo grabar en la nieve que en el campo o la playa ,en movimiento o estatico , recomiendo hacer varias pruebas de tomas para conseguir lo deseado.
Definitivamente una excelente camara opciones en cantidad ,este fin de Abril me la llevo a Bali a grabar ,ya les subire el video,puede haber mejores ,peores ,etc pero por mi parte estoy contento con la compra,asi que me digan que esta es mejor u otra tiene mas calidad ,pues bien por ello ,ya que mas conforme no puedo estar y sin la necesidad de ser un fan.

Hi,
I also have a problem with Git2 not saving date and time settings.
My capacitor looks fine to me (but I'm not an electronical engineer ;) )
See pictures attached.

IMG_20160331_125550.jpg IMG_20160331_125543.jpg

What can I do to solve this issue?

Latest version. Turns out I had a fake Samsung card. :/. All fine now. Thanks anyway guys.
Being able to make exactly two 4GB movie files was the clue - you have an 8GB memory card that is claiming to be 64GB. Lots of them around and it can be hard to tell before buying, although there have not been so many reports recently.

Thanks for updating us with the result :)

Reactions: Mtz
Hi,
I also have a problem with Git2 not saving date and time settings.
My capacitor looks fine to me (but I'm not an electronical engineer ;) )
See pictures attached.

View attachment 21967 View attachment 21968

What can I do to solve this issue?
The screw next to the capacitor does not seem to be screwed in properly, hope it is not touching the capacitor as it is probably at 0v and the case of the capacitor is at +v...

If you try to lift the capacitor, is it firmly attached?

The screw next to the capacitor does not seem to be screwed in properly, hope it is not touching the capacitor as it is probably at 0v and the case of the capacitor is at +v...

If you try to lift the capacitor, is it firmly attached?

I unscrewed this screw before making this photo so it's not the issue... The capacitor is arrached firmly and doesn't move.
Any chances to get it fixed?

I unscrewed this screw before making this photo so it's not the issue... The capacitor is arrached firmly and doesn't move.
Any chances to get it fixed?
was the screw making contact with the side of the battery before you removed it? if so the battery is probably completely drained and would need to be replaced. @gitup might be able to help here.

was the screw making contact with the side of the battery before you removed it? if so the battery is probably completely drained and would need to be replaced. @gitup might be able to help here.

It was pretty tight there so it's possible that the screw indeed was touching the battery... I will check it up at home after work.

Back