GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

Is it just me and my wierd brain ?

But when i see this brand name i instatly hear this in my head.

Git on up :D
We also got inspired from this song.

You need to git up, git out and git something
Don't let the days of your life pass by
Don't spend all your time trying to get high
You need git up, git out and git something
How will you make it if you never even try

Hi , can you tell me please if GitUp2 has the same wide angle as Xiaomi Yi camera? And if the "RF Wrist Remote Control Watch for GitUp Git1 " and othe GitUp2 accesories ar compatible with the Git2 model ?
Also can you upload some videos with the camera?
Thank you .

Hi , can you tell me please if GitUp2 has the same wide angle as Xiaomi Yi camera? And if the "RF Wrist Remote Control Watch for GitUp Git1 " and othe GitUp2 accesories ar compatible with the Git2 model ?
Also can you upload some videos with the camera?
Thank you .
The Git1 remote control is compatible with Git2. The wide angle is a little bigger than XiaoYi.
We will upload some videos soon, currently the IQ is close to the final production quality.
And I can say it is better than XiaoYi regarding 1080P 60fps resolution.

will the fpv cable and other accessories for the git1 work on the git2?
Yes, use same FPV cable as Git1 and Hero 3+/4, auto AV out.
Other accessories is compatible with Git1, and we now include the GitUp frame for stand accessory.

More photos, straight from the Git2 at full resolution:

Reflections.JPG

Tree.JPG

Columns.JPG

Git2 Video resolutions compared:
Git2%20Video%20Resolutions.jpg

Git2 Photo resolutions compared:
Git2%20Photo%20Resolutions.jpg

I haven't included all the available resolutions, VGA would have been a bit too small for the description to fit on, and I don't see the point of the smallest photo resolutions.

Those are genuine video frames and photos from the actual resolutions overlaid on each other. The 4K is not true 4K, and you can see that if you look closely, although it does have more detail than the 2K and I suspect it is better quality than some true 4K cameras!

Not sure why the photos have a wider FOV, they may have been taken from a further back, or maybe it is just that the gyro stabilisation was turned on for the video so the edges of the FOV have been lost.

Last edited:
Shadow details are great.
Slight purple fringing on the edges but not too much.
Looks good.

If gyro is off, what does the video resolution look like?
Good question, I haven't done a proper test on that since the gyro is not quite ready for proper testing yet.

Looking thorough yesterdays videos, the only way I can easily tell which had the gyro on is to watch what happens when the camera is moved, if the shakiness is smoothed then the gyro was on! Maybe that is the only way I can tell.

Since the Git2 sensor is a true 16MP sensor, there are plenty of pixels, in fact looking at the images above even at true 4K resolution with the edges chopped off you would still have a sensor pixel for each video pixel and as you can see from the photos, the images are reasonably sharp at 1:1 sensor resolution.

The 4K is not true 4K, and you can see that if you look closely, although it does have more detail than the 2K

The 4K video recorded by Git2 resolution is 2880x2160 but the aspect ratio flag is set as 16:9 so the player will play the file as 3840x2160.
If you will convert the MP4 file to MKV the MKVMerge will set automatically the output resolution as 3840x2160.

enjoy,
Mtz

The 4K video recorded by Git2 resolution is 2880x2160 but the aspect ratio flag is set as 16:9 so the player will play the file as 3840x2160.
If you will convert the MP4 file to MKV the MKVMerge will set automatically the output resolution as 3840x2160.

enjoy,
Mtz
Yes, my image above is at 3840 x 2160 as you would see it when played, not how it is stored. So it should be at full 4K vertical resolution but a bit interpolated horizontally.

Here is a YouTube video of a walk around the lake:

and the waterwheels powered by the water from the lake:

The video of the waterwheel inside the pump house was supposed to show how the Git2 performs in the dark, since the pump house has no windows or lighting and I was standing in the door, however it has managed to make it look like it was daylight in there! It took my eyes a while to adjust before I could see much at all!

And a bit of 4K video to download for those that have the hardware to play it:
https://mega.nz/#!A1YhFSSY!REdwAW9dEHUJXCp8gU9wGsAvm8d5KKhmHXg5MDlKuwE

If gyro is off, what does the video resolution look like?
Here we go, gyro turned off in 4K dashcam mode using the new GitUp mounting frame, licence plates for checking readability in poor lighting, the internal microphone in proper use and dealing with engine noise, even captured a crow flying overhead and an emergency stop missing an accident by 1cm :)

4K original Download: https://mega.nz/#!l4YnzCyR!5477PU3ThgI2v4BE8RlcFNzn0UaqCAIcfPmvs1mwcRQ

(Video cut and joined using Registrator Viewer.)

It plays very nicely on 1080 screens too, those with 4K screens can tell the rest of us how good it really looks...

Back