GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

You should get 90 minutes for 1080P60, 120 minutes for 1080P30.

The gyro does not make a big difference to battery life.
The screen does not make a big difference to battery life.

The wifi can make a big difference.
Using wifi in cold weather will give the batteries a hard time.

Photo mode gives the batteries an easy time, in cold weather you can often take a lot of photos after the batteries give up on the video.

Using the auto power off with a short time setting can save a lot of power if you have it in standby a lot. The screen saver does not make much difference.

The cheap battery chargers do not all fully charge the batteries, some turn off a bit early which will reduce record times, some turn off a bit late.

Also a lower bitrate should help the battery!!!

Hi guys,

I have one git2 too, but mine has a problem with microphone, regardless of the microphone settings chosen (low, medium or high sensibility), the recorded sound is quite low, only if I talk to about 15 or less centimetres from the micro, is that gets audible sound...
gitup can help with this? there anything I can do to try to solve?
do not intend to return the camera because of it, I'll need it soon, but if there was a solution, I'm grateful
With external mic (Boya BY-LM20 or Rode Videomicro) the recorded sound was fine, only happen with internal mic.

For who want a hand grip, I made one for mine (easy DIY), with extra battery and light for night filming:
The internal microphone does not work well if the camera is inside the waterproof (and soundproof) case.

If it is outside the case then the internal microphone should be almost as good as your Boya microphone, I don't often bother to plug my Boya in!

Also a lower bitrate should help the battery!!!
Has anyone tested this?

I guess you are correct but it would be nice to know that it is a fact rather than a guess...

The internal microphone does not work well if the camera is inside the waterproof (and soundproof) case.

If it is outside the case then the internal microphone should be almost as good as your Boya microphone, I don't often bother to plug my Boya in!

Before this camera I have a xiaomi, the opinions are that git2 has a better sound than xiaomi, but I had better sound with xiaomi inside waterproof case...
The related problem with mine it's without the waterproof case...
It seems to be a hardware problem...
I changed from xiaomi to git2 to can use the external mic, compared to other cams, my has a notorious problem, talking to half a meter of the camera you can not hear anything. The maximum distance to record an audible sound (like a person talking normally) is about 15cm.

Is the medium bitrate about the same as what the bitrate was (for same res) in previous firmware?

is the ios or android app for git2 on the horizon ? does anybody have some info ?

Is the medium bitrate about the same as what the bitrate was (for same res) in previous firmware?
Yes, they are about the same, not much to be gained by going to the high bitrates unless you are going to watch it on a large 4K TV or want to adjust the lighting levels or colours significantly in your video editor.

is the ios or android app for git2 on the horizon ? does anybody have some info ?
Yes, it is definitely on the horizon :)

I once sailed out into the Atlantic ocean towards the horizon, 2500 miles later we reached the middle of the ocean but the horizon was still the same distance away as it had been when we set out, so we stopped, went for a swim, did a bit of bottom fishing, and then turned around and came back home :D

Try one of the alternatives, there are several available and I'm not sure that we should expect GitUp's official one to be significantly better when it does arrive, even though it will be... (You need something to come over the horizon before you start getting excited about it's arrival ;) )

Last edited:
Has anyone tested this?

I guess you are correct but it would be nice to know that it is a fact rather than a guess...
It is a fact on dslm dslr camera , but I did not test it on the gitup camera

Could someone from Gitup please comment on what could be causing this issue of two big white dots on my videos they are not there all the time, and appear randomly as i move my head around when riding my motorcycle, i have uploaded a couple of screen shots of the said offending dots. all glass is crystal clear with no marks, the dots also move above the top of the screen and also go left to right and back.20-04-2016 17-40-51.png 20-04-2016 17-40-51.png 20-04-2016 17-42-57.png
Settings are as follow
1080p 60fps high bitrate
image stabilisation on
inside the waterproof housing
all other settings auto
wdr off
sharpness normal
all other settings are default

the camera is only 1 week old and today is the first use out on bike.

Attachments

• 20-04-2016 17-42-04.png
    20-04-2016 17-42-04.png
    160.1 KB · Views: 18
try without the housing. could be a hairline scratch on the housing lens that's causing a lens flare. also try indoors just to rule out glare from the sun.

Could someone from Gitup please comment on what could be causing this issue of two big white dots on my videos they are not there all the time, and appear randomly as i move my head around when riding my motorcycle, i have uploaded a couple of screen shots of the said offending dots. all glass is crystal clear with no marks, the dots also move above the top of the screen and also go left to right and back.View attachment 22565 .
It is lens flare, you can check without waterproof case, also to check if the lens is scratched.

Working on V1.5 now, below is the download link for beta version.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/GIT2FW--V1.5B--0422.7z

Change log:
1. Added: 4:3 aspect ratio for 2880x2160P 24fps mode
2. Added: Pause icon on screen while recording is paused
3. Added: Strong color option in video mode (lower saturation compared to Vivid option)
4. Added: New OSD mode, only show video mode and recording dot
5. Fixed: 2160P 24fps video not smooth
6. Fixed: Camera powered off while the file reached 4GB in quick capture mode
7. Fixed: Camera restarting issue in quick capture mode, plug the charger while recording, then stop recording and unplug the charger after the camera powered off
8. Fixed: Wrong EXIF info
9. Improved: Stop recording in middle level for remote shutter.
10. Improved: Web camera resolution is upgraded to 1920*1440
11. Improved: Wi-Fi stream resolution is upgraded to 1280x960 if enable the Wi-Fi from 1440P or 1080P 4:3 mode.

Working on V1.5 now, below is the download link for beta version.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/GIT2FW--V1.5B--0422.7z

Change log:
1. Added: 4:3 aspect ratio for 2880x2160P 24fps mode
2. Added: Pause icon on screen while recording is paused
3. Added: Strong color option in video mode (lower saturation compared to Vivid option)
4. Added: New OSD mode, only show video mode and recording dot
5. Fixed: 2160P 24fps video not smooth
6. Fixed: Camera powered off while the file reached 4GB in quick capture mode
7. Fixed: Camera restarting issue in quick capture mode, plug the charger while recording, then stop recording and unplug the charger after the camera powered off
8. Fixed: Wrong EXIF info
9. Improved: Stop recording in middle level for remote shutter.
10. Improved: Web camera resolution is upgraded to 1920*1440
11. Improved: Wi-Fi stream resolution is upgraded to 1280x960 if enable the Wi-Fi from 1440P or 1080P 4:3 mode.
Is there something in the normal mode has been changed? The colors appear less saturated?

Thanks for the pointers, i believe its the lens on the waterproof case because without it there are no dots, thank you, dont know how its got scratched as it was first use. and can not see a scratch.
May i make a suggestion with reference to the wrist remote, when using the camera mounted on my helmet there is no way to see if the camera is working once the remote is pressed to record video, the problem i have found is that when you press the remote to record if the lcd is off ( not showing an image )one press of the remote does not start the unit recording it only switches the lcd on and then you have to press the remote again to record, the same applies when stopping recording if the screen is off , you must press the remote twice, the problem is if you are only taking short videos in quick succession and you cant see the led or the screen you dont know weather you are recording or stopped. it would be nice to have just one press to start and one to stop wether the screen is on or off, Thanks Lee.

Thanks for the pointers, i believe its the lens on the waterproof case because without it there are no dots, thank you, dont know how its got scratched as it was first use. and can not see a scratch.
May i make a suggestion with reference to the wrist remote, when using the camera mounted on my helmet there is no way to see if the camera is working once the remote is pressed to record video, the problem i have found is that when you press the remote to record if the lcd is off ( not showing an image )one press of the remote does not start the unit recording it only switches the lcd on and then you have to press the remote again to record, the same applies when stopping recording if the screen is off , you must press the remote twice, the problem is if you are only taking short videos in quick succession and you cant see the led or the screen you dont know weather you are recording or stopped. it would be nice to have just one press to start and one to stop wether the screen is on or off, Thanks Lee.
i guess you can't hear the beeps through your helmet? or do you have them turned off?

Is it possible you have something shiny in front of the lens that is reflecting a spot of light onto the glass of the waterproof case?

It doesn't look like a scratch to me, the spot is overexposed so there is no detail so hard to guess what is causing it. It is not easy to scratch the case since it is real glass, be careful with sand though.

Is it possible you have something shiny in front of the lens that is reflecting a spot of light onto the glass of the waterproof case?

It doesn't look like a scratch to me, the spot is overexposed so there is no detail so hard to guess what is causing it. It is not easy to scratch the case since it is real glass, be careful with sand though.
could also be a speck of dust on the inside of the waterproof case lens. that would explain why it's always in the same place.

thanks for the quick replies guys, looked at the lens very carefully under magnifier and can not see a mark or scratch anywhere, so i will investigate some more.

gibson 99 you are indeed correct you cant hear the unit with helmet on and ear plugs in.

Back