Good dashcam for direct sunlight driving...

Last edited by a moderator:
It was sunny this evening so I've uploaded a clip from the front GT680W to show how the image gets darker when you're driving into direct sunlight:

The OP might want to turn down the cam's view some more. It's better positioned then a lot of folks have, but still could be pointed down more.

A DC is for u'r protection, anything more then a few car lengths ahead of u is useless in most cases....OK, u might miss recording the next meteor before it destroys u & everyone else.

The OP might want to turn down the cam's view some more. It's better positioned then a lot of folks have, but still could be pointed down more.

A DC is for u'r protection, anything more then a few car lengths ahead of u is useless in most cases....OK, u might miss recording the next meteor before it destroys u & everyone else.
I've pointed it down more.

BTW, which video are you referring to? Hopefully, not from this thread as there is no video by me here.

I've pointed it down more.

BTW, which video are you referring to? Hopefully, not from this thread as there is no video by me here.

Oops...confused u w/ one of the other vids.

...I knew this was a bad day to stop drinking...

Every day is a bad day to stop drinking!

I don't think any dashcam will work in this situation.
Severe Sun glare starts at 00:07 in this clip.
Even with polarized sunglasses, I hardly could drive.
I had to block the Sun with one hand just see the lanes.

Back