Good news - Vantrue N5 now supports SD card maximum to 1TB

time to find affordable 1tb cards ;)

Congrats Jeff, that is good news.
1TB SD Card support is on my improvement wish list for the A229 Pro, it looks like you beat them to the punch.

I only see the Vanture Brand 512GB SD Card is available on Amazon, and the Vantrue website.
Do you know when the 1TB Vantrue Brand SD Card will be available?

Screenshot 2024-04-07 3.20.21 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-07 3.19.26 AM.png

Last edited:
Did you think it was real LoL
I did not. Just bought it to see how bad it really was compared to the claimed specs, thought it might be 4MB or something similar.

As it turned out it was not recognized by any device I tried it in - camera, computer, phone, tablet, etc. I doubt there was anything electronic in it at all, just the plastic 'housing' and contacts. Part of that suspicion because the housing itself was noticeably thinner (about 25%) than a legitimate card and likely not thick enough to contain an actual chip.

Love Amazon return policy though... :love:

@Jeff_Vantrue : No silly limitations on the 1TB support? Like max 5000 files, which some other vendors have :whistle:
Using exFAT I presume?

Okay i guess i must have had a spell of good timing, CUZ day before yesterday i saw there was a new Firmware, so i updated yesterday.

Congrats Jeff, that is good news.
1TB SD Card support is on my improvement wish list for the A229 Pro, it looks like you beat them to the punch.

I only see the Vanture Brand 512GB SD Card is available on Amazon, and the Vantrue website.
Do you know when the 1TB Vantrue Brand SD Card will be available?

View attachment 71737
View attachment 71738
I personally haven't heard of the news about 1TB SD card in mass production yet, probably need to wait a bit longer :cry:

I used a SanDisk 1TB in my Viofo and it only lasted a few weeks. Has anyone found one of those high endurance MLC cards in 1TB?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Skylar132 N5 0
LateralNW N5 31
Padwanjoe N5 12
wozzzzza N5 1
LateralNW N5 9
Back