Google Maps fix for RegistratorViewer (Windows)

Using Yandex Maps (detailed for Russian) stop Datakam whinging which is good enough for me :)
The most important feature for me is exporting the tracks from my G90 dashcam footage.
The way the G90 muxes the GPS data into the MOV container (almost as a subtitle track) is quite odd and extracting it using anything else never works.

Bad news - Google Maps start making problems again..... A script error message and the Map is blocking Registrator Viewer shortcut keys - arrows don't work, Ctrl+Hone and End don't work....

Bad news - Google Maps start making problems again..... A script error message and the Map is blocking Registrator Viewer shortcut keys - arrows don't work, Ctrl+Hone and End don't work....
It might be related to the fact that the RV.com domain expired on 2018-01-29. That script error message I get points to a line containing "http://www.registratorviewer.com/hp_script.js" as the culprit.

@flip9 has poked about a bit under the hood in RV and might have some ideas about that error
I just mentioned it as a possibility as I just recently began getting that script error myself and in trying to chase it down noticed the site registration had expired.

@flip9 has poked about a bit under the hood in RV and might have some ideas about that error

I know nothing about scripts or their errors, however, whilst viewing my latest dash cam footage I tried to save a fragment of it to see if by some modern miracle :eek: something had changed in the program.
I minimised the RV and lo an behold there was the window to complete saving the video fragment, for some weird reason :alien: it does come to the front anymore, it goes behind.

I changed the map - now I am using [Leaflet: Open street maps etc.] and I am getting a few errors when I open first video (after loading the program) but no more errors later. And It is not blocking the program shortcuts.

I know nothing about scripts or their errors, however, whilst viewing my latest dash cam footage I tried to save a fragment of it to see if by some modern miracle :eek: something had changed in the program.
I minimised the RV and lo an behold there was the window to complete saving the video fragment, for some weird reason :alien: it does come to the front anymore, it goes behind.

Hi, I've seen that too, try changing the map you are using - I think this behaviour is related to the script errors while using on Google Maps.
Hope this helps.

I'm using the last release of Registrator Viewer (6.0.0.22) as downloaded from the DATAKAM website together with the registry tweak [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION] to get Google maps working.
This is the same tweak that's needed to get Google Maps working again in Picasa.
The latest version of Windows 10 broke it... typical Microsoft :rolleyes:
Like everyone else I get the "http://www.registratorviewer.com/hp_script.js" error, but clicking yes clears the error.
Unless the code is released (which looks unlikely) Registrator Viewer is running on borrowed time... it's such a shame that Vadim Kozlov's hard work and legacy will fade away :cry:
What's Dashcam Viewer by Earthshine Software like?

Thank for the info :)
I took Dashcam Viewer for a spin... and it's horrible!
The interface and array of un-docked windows are a mess (not at all intuitive) and it refused to play anything from my G90 plut it stalled my PC untilI manually killed the task.
I guess it stll has a long way to come to match the compatability and stability of Registration Viewer.

Good news - today I don't see the the "http://www.registratorviewer.com/hp_script.js" error and Google Maps working flawlessly !!! If someone took the domain www.registratorviewer.com and made this fix - I will be happy to make a PayPal donation for this guy, for keeping this excellent software alive.
Same here - got the error yesterday and not today. My thanks go out to whoever it is that made this happen. (y)

Edit: Hmm, just checked and the domain name is registered and available for purchase - minimum price US$500.

Last edited:
The name.. is not the program guys. If it is now working.. it is because Google has fixed what it broke before..

The name.. is not the program guys. If it is now working.. it is because Google has fixed what it broke before..
I am not so sure - I had the same error script message using also LEAFLET - OPEN STREET MAPS - these maps are not related to Google Maps or they are?
Now no script error on LEAFLET - OPEN STREET MAPS - just another 3 messages about expired Credentials.

Hi all, sorry for my long absence. I will be back for a short while.

I have updated the Leaflet API (OSM). I have removed all the invalid layers as they now require an API key (thus giving the errors)

Please try out the latest version below and provide me feedback. Leaflet and Google maps should be functional with no errors.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hcfyx7nkv3svbvx/RegistratorViewer_v.6.0.0.22b.zip?dl=0

Keep note that IF you change the filename of the RV executable, it will also need to reflect on the regedit entry.

Last edited:
Same here - got the error yesterday and not today. My thanks go out to whoever it is that made this happen. (y)

Edit: Hmm, just checked and the domain name is registered and available for purchase - minimum price US$500.

If you are getting this error then you are running the lightweight executable which contacts the RV website for the scripts. Use the fully compiled executable (10MB)

Last edited:
If you are getting this error then you are running the lightweight executable (2MB), which contacts the RV website for the scripts. Use the fully compiled executable (10MB)
Running the version provided on the SG website along with the registry fix.

Running the version provided on the SG website along with the registry fix.

Hmm not sure then, i dont seem to be getting that error on W7 or W10. Try the new one though

Hmm not sure then, i dont seem to be getting that error on W7 or W10. Try the new one though
Not getting the error any longer. It went away as mysteriously as it began - no action on my part. Since it's working now I think I'll just abide by the philosophy of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it.". :happy:

Back