Got my ITB-100HD...

nash123

Reaction score
Country
United States
I ordered the item on ebay from apple-ct, with EMS shipping. Total of just under $200.

Ordered it Sunday night, got the unit on Wednesday... Lightning fast... The shipment also included tracking within Korea and within US, so I knew where the package was at every point (even which plane it got on)... No issues with customs.

I just installed the camera in our Odyssey, I did not use the clips for the cable yet, just tape. The power cable barely made it to the cigarette lighter since I wanted to route it behind the sun visor, down the side, and underneath the glove box. Just barely.I do not know if I will be able to install it permanently with the clips since it is a tad short....

Just drove the car at dusk and at night, the night video is acceptable... In fact, the night time video came out better than the dusk time for some reason... I will experiment a bit more.

Overall it works just fine, and my experience with apple-ct was great. They answered a bunch of questions within minutes and emailed me the English manual even before the package showed up...

nash123 said:
I ordered the item on ebay from apple-ct, with EMS shipping. Total of just under $200.

Ordered it Sunday night, got the unit on Wednesday... Lightning fast... The shipment also included tracking within Korea and within US, so I knew where the package was at every point (even which plane it got on)... No issues with customs.

I just installed the camera in our Odyssey, I did not use the clips for the cable yet, just tape. The power cable barely made it to the cigarette lighter since I wanted to route it behind the sun visor, down the side, and underneath the glove box. Just barely.I do not know if I will be able to install it permanently with the clips since it is a tad short....

Just drove the car at dusk and at night, the night video is acceptable... In fact, the night time video came out better than the dusk time for some reason... I will experiment a bit more.

Overall it works just fine, and my experience with apple-ct was great. They answered a bunch of questions within minutes and emailed me the English manual even before the package showed up...

Hi nash123,

Congrats on the purchase. Sounds like everything went well. The cable at about 3m is usually enough for most cars. I guess an extra 0.5m or so would make more sense. Once you have tried it out for a bit, any additional feedback would be great. apple-ct is probably one of the better Korean dash cam vendors from what I read as well.

Dash Cam Man

nash123 said:
The power cable barely made it to the cigarette lighter since I wanted to route it behind the sun visor, down the side, and underneath the glove box. Just barely.I do not know if I will be able to install it permanently with the clips since it is a tad short...
nash123,

You can use 12V Car Socket Extender, like this for example: http://www.amazon.com/Satechi-CHR-61-Extender-Charger-Adapter/dp/B004JPD8ZG.

I have it in my minivan and it powers two headrest DVD players and works great, and kids are happy!

or cut the wire and make it longer.
i myself always took off the plug because I wire it directly to other wires near my car fuses (don't know it that's correctly said in english). i mean under my steering wheel where the fuses are for the lights, sigarette lighter etc.

From what I can tell, they declared it $50.

nash123 said:

Hey nash123,

I ordered from apple-ct too last month. Let me know how your mounting & video's come out. I've moved my ITB top of windshield, middle windshield, driver side, passenger side when I drive into sun it darkens picture pretty bad not sure if it's supposed to be like that or not.
Picture looks dark & yellow from not enough light. I've aimed a little down towards dash, straight out & also point lens towards sun still same problem.

http://youtu.be/AO7e5EDv4SQ
http://youtu.be/i8ISAW3wEwQ

Looks like when the sun shines into the lens it darkens the video is normal. I found this video on YouTube at about the 0:40 mark as he turns into the sun it darkens too.
http://www.youtu.be/c3JMFPzfrng

Last edited by a moderator:
Midwest US hasn't been getting too much sun lately, so it is hard to comment... I am sure it is ok for the picture to go darker when facing the sun, but I also agree that yours is going darker than expected... Is it because it is picking up a lot of glare from the dashboard maybe?

MozartMan said:
nash123 said:
The power cable barely made it to the cigarette lighter since I wanted to route it behind the sun visor, down the side, and underneath the glove box. Just barely.I do not know if I will be able to install it permanently with the clips since it is a tad short...
nash123,

You can use 12V Car Socket Extender, like this for example: http://www.amazon.com/Satechi-CHR-61-Extender-Charger-Adapter/dp/B004JPD8ZG.
I have it in my minivan and it powers two headrest DVD players and works great, and kids are happy!

I got this and it works perfect....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00064NWH8

I received it yesterday!
Only everything on the sdcard is in korean. i found the player in english in this site, but can i also download the manual in english somewhere? rather than reading it via that slideshare thingy.

If you bought it from apple-ct, they emailed me the pdf files even before I got the camera. You could ask them. If not I can email it to you.

i got it from thebestservice4you. if you can email it to me please LVerduijn [.] hotmail you know the rest.

btw which version of the player do you have? i got 1.0 from this site. but on the sdcard is a 1.3, though that is n korean orso.

oh and my first impression: veyr good camera.

major flaw: only starts recording after +/- 30 seconds. i'm already at the end of the street by then!!!
i'm particularly suprised because the GSE500 is also a 1080p cam though that one starts recording in +/- 4 to 5 seconds.

For me it starts recording about 10 seconds, I think. It may have something to do with how quickly it grabs the GPS info?

Vince33 said:
I received it yesterday!
Only everything on the sdcard is in korean. i found the player in english in this site, but can i also download the manual in english somewhere? rather than reading it via that slideshare thingy.

Hi Vince33,

You can download it here if you do not have it yet.

ITB-100HD User Manual

Dash Cam Man

I haven't found a newer English version of the software. If someone has the 1.3 version, please share it and I will host it here.

As for the startup time, it typically takes between 10 to 20 seconds. 30 seconds is a little bit longer but it is trying to pick up satellites. The Chinese models based on the Ambarella chips start up in under 5 seconds like you say. In comparison, the BlackVue cameras take approximately 45 seconds to boot up.

Vince33 said:
major flaw: only starts recording after +/- 30 seconds. i'm already at the end of the street by then!!!
i'm particularly suprised because the GSE500 is also a 1080p cam though that one starts recording in +/- 4 to 5 seconds.

my car is in the garage so I don't expect GPS to pickup until I exit but mine takes about 30 secs then I hear the beep. when I hear the beep I start driving LOL.

DashCamMan said:
I haven't found a newer English version of the software. If someone has the 1.3 version, please share it and I will host it here.
The version 1.0.0 of the player have one more option than the 1.3.0: the "Miles", as you can see in these screenshots:

Attachments

• ENP.jpg
    ENP.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 412
  • KOP.jpg
    KOP.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 411
But who think the translation will help they can use these screenshots:

enjoy,
Mtz

Attachments

• EN02.jpg