GPS Built-IN into bracket / mount of Panorama II / S ( prototype )

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Short time after I was this THIS quick-release slide in / out bracket for Panorama II prototype, I had an idea to experiment with GPS module built-in into the same mount.
Yes, it looks kinda ugly ( monstrosity ) on the pictures below, but it was not a finished project. Just a prototype where I was experimenting with idea.
For more professional look I need more time to finish it, but don't know how soon I will get free time, so just wanted to share my idea with others, who might want to go ahead with similar solution.

SANY0008.JPG

SANY0009.JPG

SANY0010.JPG

SANY0011.JPG

SANY0012.JPG

SANY0013.JPG

SANY0014.JPG

SANY0015.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
The way you have the cable tied in a coil under the gps unit - would this coil not affect performance of the gps?

The way you have the cable tied in a coil under the gps unit - would this coil not affect performance of the gps?

shouldn't cause problems if it's a quality shielded cable, the CMOS would have more effect on the signal than the cable would

This is just a quick 5min prototype. For more professional look gps cable can be cut / re-soldered, as I mentioned in my video.
I assume it a quality shielded cable, because till now developer uses only high quality hardware parts for this project, so even have cable tied in coil shouldn't cause gps issue. But this was just my expression of idea how gps unit could be a part of the bracket, of course with short ( 7-8cm long) gps cable just to reach the gps-socket.

Back