GPS causing camera to record when parked.

RDC74656

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
512GW + 512R
I’ve noticed that my camera is recording as though vehicle is moving even though it’s parked up outside my house because the gps signal is making out it’s moving at 1-3mph every so often.
Is there a fix for this or anyway to improve gps reception, even though I’m using the gps powered windshield mount positioned next to rear view mirror with direct view to sky.

Bumping as would appreciate a technician response. I’ve got camera on a permanent live fuse so it’s always got power and it goes to standby at night when parked. Parking mode on. Shouldn’t it always have a gps signal in this instance unless I turn off manually or it freezes and requires a reset (which mine has now done twice, unknown reason though - cameras purchased and fitted in January 2019)

I don't think the recording when on a permanent supply is affected by whether the GPS detects car movement or not.

But the camera is supposed to record when it detects that the vehicle is moving physically but when the camera is attempting to get a gps fix, the loss of satellite info makes the speed state that the camera was moving approx 1-3 mph so it triggered a recording.

I read it from the online instructions for 512gw on nextbase site unless I understood wrong

OK. Page 28 of the manual says
7 Parking Mode
When Parking Mode has been turned on, the Dash Cam enters standby mode when the 12Vdc supply has been turned OFF (typically removing your ignition key). The Dash Cam will also enter standby mode if no physical movement is detected for 5 minutes, this is designed to allow use of a permanent 12Vdc supply, i.e hard-wire kit.
Should physical movement of the vehicle be detected, the Dash Cam will power on and start recording a 2 minute protected video.
If no further physical movement is detected then The Dash Cam will return to standby mode, if physical movement is detected subsequently, then the camera will continue to record normally, i.e. driving once more.
Options: On and Off Default Setting: Off
By physical movement, they mean (say) knocking the car thus triggering the G sensor, not the car moving from A to B as detected by the GPS.

Back