GPS Overriding Time Setting

Ontarian

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
A119S
I installed a new A119S yesterday and I'm having trouble with the GPS overriding the time setting. I set the correct date and time in the camera, which appeared on the screen, but when the GPS kicked in after about a minute, the date and time advanced by several hours.

Today I updated the firmware and took the car for a short test run. Again, when the GPS kicked in, the date and time changed. As a result, when looking at the file in Finder on my MacBook, I get this information:

Created: Today, 5:55 PM
Modified: Tomorrow at 2:57 AM
Last Opened: Tomorrow at 2:57 AM

Can anyone suggest a solution? I'm assuming that I've done something wrong with the setting, but I can't puzzle out where the error lies.

The actual co-ordinates provided by the GPS are accurate, so I don't think the problem is a wonky module.

Until you set your time zone it is going to override your setting every time.

One thing that I have done is to leave mine set all the time to UTC/GMT. That is because I find myself regularly traveling from one time zone to another. Arizona stays on MST, New Mexico changes to MDT, and Texas is on CST/CDT. Not to mention that the Navajo Reservation portion in Arizona does use DST. It would be too confusing to change the setting each time that I cross a boundary line, so I just leave it on UTC/GMT. Since I am an Amateur Radio Operator I am already used to thinking in terms of UTC/GMT and making the mental adjustment. If my camera footage is ever in court I can tell the proper authorities that I am not making a time zone adjustment.

Another related feature that would be nice is automatic DST offset. Like something where you could set the start and end dates for DST and have it automatically change time instead of having to manually change the timezone offset every time.

Back