GS1000

A few days ago a new problem appeared. The camera do not switch on together with the car ignition. And some recorded files were corrupted - I could not open them with any player (eg. Windows Media Player, Pot Player or Gom Player). I downloaded again the latest firmware 4.35.220512 with Ambarella Direct USB but it didn't help. I noticed that the camera would switch off immediately when I switch off the ignition. And it is so in spite of the fact the battery status icon on the camera display shows that the battery is fully charged. The camera cannot be switched on when the external power source is not connected. So I suspect the battery is used up and it should be replaced. Am I right?

Even with a dead battery the camera should power up from USB and charge but would end up with corrupt last file on shutdown

Your problems sound deeper than just a battery issue

Even with a dead battery the camera should power up from USB and charge but would end up with corrupt last file on shutdown

Your problems sound deeper than just a battery issue

But it was it. I measured the battery wires voltage (red and black): 4,2 V when USB power connected, 20 mV immediately after disconnecting. So I replaced the battery ( 500 mAh) with another (200 mAh - I had it in my desk) and now the camera operates properly.:)

Dead short in the battery maybe
I removed the orange tape ant connected the battery terminals directly to a stabilized power supply. I set the voltage to 4,2V. The current was about 20 mA - the battery is really dead. Perhaps the electronic circuit will be helpful in a future :)

after around 20 seconds I get a message "max locked filesize is reached" and its start blinking, even though it seems that it's still recording, after I check it later on in RegistratorViewer it doesn't,

what do you recommend ? reset doesnt help, perhaps firmware upgrade ? I have SMH4.36.2208 I 2B
I even tried another microSD card..

edit:
ok, I think I found a solution, I turned off "G-sensor" function => off and it seems its working properly!

Last edited:
after around 20 seconds I get a message "max locked filesize is reached"
You have reached the max size of locked files, I don't know its exact size, around a gig or so, regardless of the size of your memory card or the files. If you try to mark another file as "read only" (manually or via the G-sensor), you'll get this message. Delete some of those files and set the recording interval a little bit lower, so you'll get files not big enough to max out the locked files limit. I use 1 minute (50 MB/file), the cam is good enough to record near gap less (some milliseconds is not that critical =)). And set the G-sensor sensitivity much lower, I use 2 out of 7 - the force to trigger the sensor is almost 1G, so if you don't participate in a race you should be fine ;)

Hi,
I have got a gs1000 that has no menu in English. I have managed to decipher it in Russian but If I try and set the date I am not able to confirm it at the end. And it just goes back to 1/10/2012. Could anybody help? when I have entered the date is there a button to press to save it?

very rare to have one without any English language option

Yes I am pretty sure its a cheap copy but everything looks the same as others. When you set your date can you remember what you did at the end to confirm it?

ok that's the knockoff Novatek version, can't help you with that as it's not one I've ever looked at, the navigation should be the same as other low end Novatek models though so maybe if you find a manual for one of the other cameras you could work it out

After updating iTracker SM5E5HGB.130812.V1 to magic eye HD50G_v436.030912 the camera doesn't switch to nightmode anymore.
The image is however much better now during day, even better than G1WH with default settings.
TheGPS signal was good and the automatic time update was enabled.
Any ideas ?

Here is a comparison between G1WH and magiceye:
G1WH-vs-magiceye.jpg

I changed the firmware to texet TX5E5HGB.131019.V1 and now in menu is possible to choose the hours when to start and stop the night mode.

Last edited:
Well it must be over 2 years I've been using my GS1000 and it's still going strong (with a DR32 in the rear window). I installed one in my Dad's car too, and a couple of weeks ago his car was written off in an accident. He's ok thankfully and as soon as the other driver saw the footage he admitted liability, so the camera has done its job!

Popped back to the forum as I'm now looking for a dashcam for my motorbike.

Thanks, I ordered one.

Anyone know where I can get one of these GS1000 windscreen mounts? My Dad forgot to remove it from his car before it was towed away, and now he wants me to install the camera in his new car. I found a few other mounts but none are quite as discreet.

mount.jpg

Not to worry, I made a custom bracket from meccano :)

mount_custom.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E GSXXXX 6
D GSXXXX 1
C GSXXXX 5
J GSXXXX 3
D GSXXXX 0
Back