GS1000

Hello. I just buy the GS1000 car camera.

My firmvare is : V2.0.8 G2KB A
What type of menu is it ?
(blue, orange or something else?)

no relevance to menu colour these days, suppliers will just produce them with whatever colour they think people are looking for

I ask because date stample on movies are in right down corner - I rather that be in the upper corner

I ask because date stample on movies are in right down corner - I rather that be in the upper corner

that's up the firmware engineer, I think if it works well then leave it alone, a firmware from some other model could render it useless

Camera looks exactly the same:

What type of menu is it ?
Blue or orange ?

dedykuję matematycznemu lingwiście cherlakowi szelmosowi

Last edited:
Hi, could you please help me to find elf file to unbrick my GS1000?

It was V2.0.8 G2KB and I tried to upgrade with magiceye firmware from sd card. But after reboot I got only constant red light..

I tried a lot of elf files by directusb - erasing and downloading went ok but still only result is red light.
Is it possible to put bin file by directusb to unbrick camera? For me downloading fails.

Below is how menu was look like (apart from firmware version)
post-338327-0-45649900-1399924461_thumb.jpg

It comes from some polish distributor, but it was a gift, so I have to ask for details.

Can't see it that well on your pic but logos look like it's from one of the cheap knock off versions, can be very hard to get firmware for those

Do you know is it possible to download also bin file? Then could be easier to find one I guess - for example upload from working camera.

To be honest I think you're going to have a tough time with it unless you can get something from the original seller, it's an old model and it looks like it's a generic knockoff version of an old model, very hard to find for these at the best of times

Good luck with it anyway

But what is the reason for that my GS1000 didn't work with MagicEye while Sabe's did? Where is the difference? Hardware or bootloader?

Sabe:
> There is one new working fw to iTracker gs1000, but does anyone speak russian and possibly can tell what is new in this fw, text files in zip file are unreadable in my computer.
> It works even if fw number system is changed to something really new, no 4.xxx anymore.
> It is this "MagicEye HD50G Прошивка версии 130515"
>http://www.g-mini.ru/support/downloads?product=29
>
>It works just fine, id number has changed to upper right corner, and lower corner has gps coordinate location.
>Video files has new naming system too (date and time), like below, otherwise i can't say what else is new.

So how do you Guys differetiate them? How can I check this in my device?

I see that all those elf files for GS1000 have different sizes.. from 8M up to 13M

HD50G_130530.V1

- Fixed: redundant symbols overlaid on recorded video when logo is set to off

------------------------------------------------------------------
HD50G_130515.V1

- Added: coordinates overlay on recorded video

HD50G_4.36.030912

- Increased max number of locked files. Now they mat take up to 25% of card capacity.
- Added bitrate selection menu. L - 6 Mb/Sec, M - 9 Mb/Sec, H - 12 Mb/Sec.
- Added license plate overlay capability.
- Added GPS data time sync feature.

HD50G_4.35.040712

- Added shutdown delay feature. Fixes an issue with recording auto start on vehicles with cig lighter socket powered off during cranking.

Small progress here.. I can see that after downloading elf for GS5000 cam is starting, make some sounds, display is working but it's not iluminated, folders are created on empty card but only power button works so I cant do anything.. Will try to upload bins by card but still have no idea how to find proper one for my device.

Maybe open the camera and have a look what's written on the board, sometimes you get a model number or whatever that can help track down a suitable firmware

But I know firmware version required here: it's V2.0.8 G2KB (without A at the end). Any idea how to find it? Maybe someone have this device and could copy bin for me?

So far I found V2.0.8 G2KB A. Camera is working with it and recording, but no display illumination and no front buttons. Did I kill front panel somehow by downloading wrong elf? (I see that only elfs ~8MB are working but before I downloaded 12MB ones)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E GSXXXX 6
D GSXXXX 1
C GSXXXX 5
J GSXXXX 3
D GSXXXX 0
Back