GS1000

jokiin said:
nachoo said:
Yes. I included the firmware.bin but it is like it does not read it. Tried changing the file name to vfirmware, yamaha, etc ( and inside the .ash too) but it only write 2 folders: DCIM and other. It does nothing, the same than when there is not card inside...
Just starts with the 2 bikes, appears the main screen for a very little time, and turns off. What should I do wrong?

sounds like you're working with the wrong firmware
Sabe said:
robots said:
Hi,

I have the "fake GS1000 orange menu" type camera. Can anyone else confirm that the "autoexec.ash" does work?
I can update the firmware by naming the file "hd13up.bin", but I would like to do some more with the autoexec as well :)

Thanks
It works but not with all models.
I have gs5000 and it doesn't work with that, it works just fine with my other gs1000 camera.

So, maybe it is not possible with the sd card method...
I can write the firmware via USB with no problems.
Maybe I have to try more and more firmwares to find the one that works, but only with USB
Is there any difference between the two methods?

not that I've seen them all as I haven't but I've yet to see one of these GS1000 based cams that can't update via the card, I really suspect you just haven't got the right firmware version is the issue

I am trying all the firmwares posted in this page, and many others from another pages (USB mode).
At the moment, nothing...
I have found this ftp site :
ftp://relay.alkotel.ru/service/DVR/
Maybe it is interesting for someone...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. I tried 22 new firmwares with direct USB. Only 2 of them made the cam as a storage device in windows:
TX5H2HGB.121112.V1 USB 2, 3GP
0309 600FHD USB firmware
When I start it, appears a picture with the word TETEX, but upside down... and shuts off.
The others... nothing
If someone wants all the firmwares I will send them wherever you want bye-mail

nachoo said:
If someone wants all the firmwares I will send them wherever you want bye-mail

I would think better not to, stick with the firmware supplied by the vendor, there is too much hardware variation out there

But I hope that it will be operative soon. We have to be positive, try, and try again. The last place is the rubbish bag. But it is my condition. Maybe most of the people is not as persevering like me, but some of them are, and I will try to help if I can. If you see the faq page of G1000, there is a lot of firmware that I'm sure it helped many people, and is only called "blue menu",or "fake orange menu"... whithout more pretensions. Difficult to know 100% if what you are doing is right... and it is not a problem. Tryes, mistakes... life

Sure. It has to be near... :roll: Patience is science's mother

I've thought if it's recommendable to format the memory card occasionally? Do you have any experiences?

pertti said:
I've thought if it's recommendable to format the memory card occasionally? Do you have any experiences?
I'm not scientist and there might be some technical details, but i think that lifespan of memory card is so long that it doesn't matter do you format or not.
Personally i do it time to time, especially after i have marked some videos to locked or taken photos. And why? Because it is much faster to format card instead of deleting files and gps logs individually. And by format i mean that format is done in camera, not in computer, that way folder structure is done fresh every time.

Itronics are recommending formatting the card at least twice a month.

enjoy,
Mtz

hi guys! I have finally received the GS1000 camera, now I need to buy SD micro card.
For instance with Sandisk, there "normal" sdhc card and extremce version, is it worth to buy the extreme version ?
I suppose read and write options are greater, but will the camera use it ? or it's not worth it ?

I also wanted to ask whether the class number of the SD card is noticeable, between class 4 and class 10 ?

For just dashcam recording Class above 4 or Extreme is not important. Just buy a SD Card without problems with Class 10 or 6. If you are transferring many GB recordings from your camera to the PC, buy a Class 10.

enjoy,
Mtz

Yes, class 10 is always good choice.
I have 16 gigabyte card and with that there is always 4,5 hour log, no need to stop driving immediately if something interesting happen.
32 gigabyte would be sweet, expensive though.

FBK

Sabe said:
I have 16 gigabyte card and with that there is always 4,5 hour log, no need to stop driving immediately if something interesting happen.
I can use a 2GB card. Because of wireless I can transfer very easy the interesting video to my smartphone and I don't need to stop the car, take out the card, connect to some PC and I don't care about the loop recording because my video is already saved.

enjoy,
Mtz

I have seen only sd cards with wifi, i wonder would it be possible to make an adapter from sd to microsd, i think pinout is the same on both cards.

thanks for the tips with SD card.

I wanted to turn on the camera but I think battery was empty.. now it's recharging through USB cable, how long it usually takes ?

jack said:
thanks for the tips with SD card.

I wanted to turn on the camera but I think battery was empty.. now it's recharging through USB cable, how long it usually takes ?

Well, it's not meant to use like charge and use mode, more like that usb power is always connected, to computer or car adapter. I think battery on gs1000 camera is more or less a joke, usually battery powers camera only less that 10 minutes, no matter how long you charge it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E GSXXXX 6
D GSXXXX 1
C GSXXXX 5
J GSXXXX 3
D GSXXXX 0
Back