GS1000

Mtz said:
Alexpatrascu said:
]
They're "not working" right now:
"China Post has stopped the service , because it is near Chinese New Year now, and we will begin China Post service on 2013-02-20 "

I think China Post is a little backed up and some sellers prefer to ship with Hong Kong post instead just so they don't have to deal with the delayed packages.
I asked some chinese contact about that 1 month stupidity for China Post not working.
In this 2013 year (you can read also in Wikipedia) the Chinese New Year is on 10 february. Some asian countries have about 2-3 free days in that period with some small differences.
The official chinese holiday is between 9 february to 15 february. So they will work on 8 and 16 february. And 9 and 10 february is saturday and sunday so we can say they will not work just 5 days, not two months as below.

The Chinese New Year is the biggest chinese excuse used to not offer some service. When they don't want to offer something, before one month of New Year and one month after they are blaming not satisfying you because of this holiday.
Chinese have some known lies like:
- Chinese New Year is at least one month and whole country is almost sopped
- our engineers are working to solve the problem (99.99% of the cases there is no engineer)
- excuse that at some moment they don't understand your questions because their english is not good.

And almost all chinese sellers are working also with Singapore Post and Hong Kong Post very easy, like with China Post.

enjoy,
Mtz

there's a bit more to it than that, the Chinese New Year period is only a week long but in recent years it has been stretched out further and further, the issue particularly for places where there's a lot of manufacturing like Shenzhen is that so much of the workforce comes from other areas and Chinese New Year is very much a family time so everybody wants to go and visit their hometown and see their families, in many cases this is the one time each year they might see their families, the problem has been transport, when you get a few hundred million people travelling throughout the country transport is total chaos, in some areas you will get people lining up for a week just to buy a train ticket, in recent years this has caused people to start leaving off earlier and coming back later, it really does mess with the whole month, anyone that is operating is doing so on very minimal staff levels so not a lot gets done, it's a very frustrating time of year when you're trying to get something done but it's the nature of the business unfortunately

working with other agencies such as HK post or Singapore is only appropriate if you have stock there already, otherwise the same problems (and more) exist

Hello everybody.

I ve also bought a camera and succeed to make it working. Everything is fine i have been able to follow myself thanks to the registrator review.
However i would like to make some analysis of my data but when i want to open the data file only get an encoded file that gives no clues about the data itself. so i ve got a question. Is it possible to get the explicit data from the file without using video software? I mean as a txt file with the non coded data into columns.

Thanks in advance
T-bow

T-bow said:
Is it possible to get the explicit data from the file without using video software? I mean as a txt file with the non coded data into columns.
In Registrator Viewer select from file menu "convert GPS log", you can save log in many different forms.

Hello DashCamMan :D
I have not seen your posts for some time...Are you OK?

DashCamMan said:
Hi garnikg,

I did some research on the firmware you have, v1.0.6G1KB. Sweetlife999 on eBay is one vendor that sells this camera. Some pics below:

dashcamtalk.com_cams_GS1000_Blue_v1.0.6G1KB_201.jpg

dashcamtalk.com_cams_GS1000_Blue_v1.0.6G1KB_202.jpg

dashcamtalk.com_cams_GS1000_Blue_v1.0.6G1KB_203.jpg

dashcamtalk.com_cams_GS1000_Blue_v1.0.6G1KB_204.jpg

dashcamtalk.com_cams_GS1000_Blue_v1.0.6G1KB_205.jpg

Someone in Russia recently tried to upgrade the camera to v.2.0.3SG1KB and the upgrade was successful via Direct USB.

dashcamtalk.com_cams_GS1000_Blue_v1.0.6G1KB_20upgrade.jpg

However, after the upgrade, he us unable to change the date or time. When trying to turn off the camera, the screen does not turn off until the battery runs out. Be careful with this upgrade, since it may not work well with your hardware.

Dash Cam Man

Hi! try this firmware: http://yadi.sk/d/Mk1KHyG12Cd8I I have exactly the same board, the seller gave this firmware.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mantom said:
Hello DashCamMan :D
I have not seen your posts for some time...Are you OK?

Hi Mantom,

I'm fine. I still try to post every day. Been a bit more busier and the number of posts has been increasing. Also if the thread has been answered and my post won't add more value, I probably usually don't post.

Hi.
Know someone about this firmware? Want to upgrade or downgrade,have one big bug: dont keep setting after restart.

Hello. I want to ask. Are your GS1000 posiible to record video in dark room ? My gs1000 make good photo, but in video mode the four IR LEDs shine very low light.

I found a russian video from the same camera like yours. Seems that this is the quality of this camera and yours is not faulty.

This camera is called something like GS1000B fake Novatek.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a Novatek GS1000

[thumbnail]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv169/ionutz72/20130130_170858.jpg[/thumbnail]

and this is a "Blue Menu GS1000" (it is Ambarella and better quality than the Novatek camera).

[thumbnail]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/2779/dscn2202r.jpg[/thumbnail]

DashCamMan said:
This is a Novatek GS1000

[thumbnail]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv169/ionutz72/20130130_170858.jpg[/thumbnail]

Hi. Know other ver. for this DVR? And how can make Firmware Backup?
This instructions dont work.Thank you.

Those instructions are for the Ambarella based camera. I don't know how to upgrade the Novatek based cameras

DashCamMan said:
I don't know how to upgrade the Novatek based cameras

not just how, I don't know that there's any development on the Novatek platform anyway, you'd be pretty much stuck with whatever was available from Novatek to the assemblers that do these, generally a bit primitive

Because I have the 808 #16 camera I know for sure somebody is working at the Novatek firmware. The 808 #16 developer is working on his camera firmware and when he is finding some bugs regarding to Novatek code he is sending them his solutions. Than if Novatek will fix the problem then all producers can implement in their firmware.
Most of people are blaming that Novatek is bad. Is bad because having a smaller price was used in bad products just to obtain a small price for "something" which is recording. The only thing I don't like at Novatek is because the avi firmware create non-standard AVI files which can be viewed or be uploaded on youtube, but cannot be edited in direct stream copy mode and need reencoding if you want some simple edit. But the MOV version of the firmware have no problems.
I am curious to see the dash cam of the 808 #16 developer. Regarding firmware for sure will have updates because is a developer which listen the people as he did with #16 and many new features implemented by users request and even the latest design and lens choices are based on user feedback.
When I will find a dash cam produced by him I will buy it just to see how good is compared with my 808 #16. And I hope to make a topic about it and people to share their experiences and feedback and if the camera is good DCT will be the best forum regarding it.

enjoy,
Mtz

sometimes products that someone in the community can help develop and find bugs can end up working well, if it flows back through, whether this will translate into the commercial product though remains to be seen, it's a platform that's price conscience which is why I'm sure many use it, it might help future product they do if nothing else

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E GSXXXX 6
D GSXXXX 1
C GSXXXX 5
J GSXXXX 3
D GSXXXX 0
Back