GS9000 unboxed.... *ADDED SAMPLE VIDS*

mikesenior said:
Can you tell me how to display the map files on my computer I have recorded on my GS9000
I can display the video's but am unable to display the map information, the GPS works as the speed in km/h is shown on the video
Thanking you MS

Download and use this program http://www.registratorviewer.com/index_en.html . I haven't got my GS9000 yet but I intend to use this program as well.

Cheers :) Mario

Last edited by a moderator:
jokiin said:
Try Registrator Viewer for playback and see if your map data works then

Looks like the Tortoise beat the Hare ;)

mariomart said:
jokiin said:
Try Registrator Viewer for playback and see if your map data works then

Looks like the Tortoise beat the Hare ;)

You were good enough to post the link as well, I would have also if I wasn't posting from my phone at the time, all good :)

mariomart said:
mikesenior said:
Can you tell me how to display the map files on my computer I have recorded on my GS9000
I can display the video's but am unable to display the map information, the GPS works as the speed in km/h is shown on the video
Thanking you MS

Download and use this program http://www.registratorviewer.com/index_en.html . I haven't got my GS9000 yet but I intend to use this program as well.

Thanks Mario I have now downloaded registratorviewer as you suggested and it works There is a time difference between the video and the map , seems to be out of sync but I can live with that ,will keep looking may find somebody who has found the answer once again thanks

MS

I received my GS9000 from foxoffer.com today too bad I had to pay taxes and import duties. But the camera looks great, gonna test it this weekend/next week.

How much was the declared value and how much you paid as taxes?

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
How much was the declared value and how much you paid as taxes?

enjoy,
Mtz
Foxoffer had put 46 dollar on the box. So I had to pay taxes for 36 euro, so that was around 7 euro(21% do we have here) and 13 euro for import duties.

I would like this camera but I don't want to get a fake. Where & from who should I buy?

cantremember said:
I would like this camera but I don't want to get a fake. Where & from who should I buy?

I purchased mine from Foxoffer.com. Here is a direct link to the camera I purchased
http://www.foxoffer.com/viofo-1080p-gs9 ... Wns1rUzOx4

I opted for the Express Delivery, which took about 4 days from China to Australia.

Foxoffer has a Blog on their website in which they regularly offer advice, trouble shooting and firmware update instructions.

Hello !
I just received my GS9000 now.
And i need some help with settings ...

What exactly is RECYCLE, and what is your importance ?

MD Sens ???

I realize that when i set to Motion Det the GS9000 dont REC continumm, even when it is in movement.

and DALAY OFF ???

What is the best G Sensor value ???

Hope you can help me.

Thanks

Sorry about the poor english ... portuguese here ;-)

Recycle is the size of each file, you need this on, if its off it would just record until the card filled up and then stop

MD sense is a sensitivity adjustment for the motion detect function I believe

Delay off is either how long it records for after power off of how long before shutdown when not being used, there's usually an option for each but the naming convention is not always the same

I have this cam and I have two big issues:

- It often crashes when GPS is enabled (cam freezes until battery is drained and date/time gets reset, or I press the reset pin)
I have the latest FW from FoxOffer, is there any fix for this? It crashes every three days. No issues when GPS is disabled.

- Suction mount kinda sucks, it's not strong enough and the cam falls down frequently, is there a solution or am I the only one with this?

I'm about to buy the G1W by price / performance and I find this new GS9000L for a very close, they believe you?

I have not found any versus two good and cheap these cameras.

I'm about to buy the G1W by price / performance and I find this new GS9000L for a very close, they believe you?

I have not found any versus two good and cheap these cameras.

need a link to be sure but the L version of these cams is often a cheap Novatek knockoff version, be careful of what you're buying

yeah that's the rubbish knockoff version, a world of disappointment awaits you if you buy that
GS9000L is novatek version, I don't recommend buy this.
Even I don't recommend buy GS9000 ambarella version, so many bad feedback, so many problem with this camera.

There is an L version of the GS8000 too that i would also stay away from. (and away from a non L GS8000 as well for that matter). It is crazy that one seller wants $145 for one listing with 63 watchers at least they are honest and mention it is a Novatek L.

I would give a G1W a shot. Great camera for the price you pay. Only a few things to watch out for.
I would recommend buying from eStore009
Make sure you ask for your preferred color. (Black or Brown) If not it could be random.
Stay away from Sandisk Mico SD cards for this one.
The build quality is not great, but for 52 dollars it's acceptable.

Back