GT300 ( generalplus 1248 )

old4570

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Front: 70MAI , Ausdom A261, Mini 0826 , Rear: A118c
http://www.generalplus.com/product.php?prot_no=7&func=sh

The high-speed MJPEG engine is capable of supporting up to 720P 30fps video compression.

Decode Format: H.264
Video format: AVI
Video Resolution: 1080P (1920 x 1080),1440 x 1080,720P (1280 x 720),848 x 480,VGA (640 x 480)
Video Frame Rate : 30fps

?????????? Hmmmmm ... If only , it would be a fantastic buy ...

I contacted GB and they maintain its .... Decode Format: H.264

Just not sure I want to throw money away ( ? )
+ , Do I want to ( PO ) GB

I understand the pitfalls of buying cheap, but just how bad is this model for $16.50, shipped?
I've been reading reviews of several dashcams/action cams and many of the complaints don't really apply to some of the things I've been playing with.
Batteries getting hot is surely a bad thing, cases melting, plastic lenses losing focus, 'only 720P', 145 degree field of view, or 165 degrees, or maybe even 168.35 Degrees being the best :)

So, does this little cheapo have an IR filter on the lens, or the sensor? Can you change lenses, OH NO, and void the warranty? Does it use an M12 mount lens?
What is the monitor resolution 60x80? Native sensor resolution?
How much power does it take to run with the display off (solar capable?)?
Heck, If it's only worth $14, paying $16.50 isn't much of a risk.
Are there any objective reviews you guys can point me to?

I understand the pitfalls of buying cheap, but just how bad is this model for $16.50, shipped?
I've been reading reviews of several dashcams/action cams and many of the complaints don't really apply to some of the things I've been playing with.
Batteries getting hot is surely a bad thing, cases melting, plastic lenses losing focus, 'only 720P', 145 degree field of view, or 165 degrees, or maybe even 168.35 Degrees being the best :)

So, does this little cheapo have an IR filter on the lens, or the sensor? Can you change lenses, OH NO, and void the warranty? Does it use an M12 mount lens?
What is the monitor resolution 60x80? Native sensor resolution?
How much power does it take to run with the display off (solar capable?)?
Heck, If it's only worth $14, paying $16.50 isn't much of a risk.
Are there any objective reviews you guys can point me to?

GT300
To many different versions ...
For the price of two burger meals its probably ( hopefully ) not a waste of money ...

Seriously , if this cam really is FHD @ 30FPS and H.264 = Fantastic ...
But most likely , its MJPEG ,
supports MJPEG 1280x720 30fps encode/decode function. And that resolution is just not enough for 2016 ...
Even Full HD is so yesterday ..
In today's market , MJPEG belongs in children's toys ...
I have owned my share of MJPEG cams , the chipset in this cam does not support true FHD ...
So I still await a budget cam , that offers real FHD ...

+ Check out YouTube , plenty of GT300 cam footage and reviews

Back