GT550W WDR GPS F1.6 from Shadow Tec by TioTec dash camera

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Within few weeks Shadow-Tec releases a new dash camera by TioTech.
Dash camera name is GT550W ( GPS )
It has all the same specifications and hardware as successful Dod LS300W / TioTech GT300W series with an option of external GPS module.
Firmware should be more like new updated firmware of GT300W or LS300W PLUS with an option of car model / make and numberplate stamp.
Price yet not known, but supposedly Foxoffer will be the first to have it in stock for international buyers.

Attachments

• GT550W.jpg
    GT550W.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 3,000
  • Specs.jpg
    Specs.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 2,999
Re: GT550W WDR GPS F1.6 from Shadow Tec by TioTec dash camer

Sounds fantastic.

This is the model I've been waiting for.
Cannot find anything at Google.

PS,
I don't think the LS300W & GT300W have the same HW, their night performances is totally different (LS300W is much better).

Moshik

moshik said:
Sounds fantastic.

PS,
I don't think the LS300W & GT300W have the same HW, their night performances is totally different (LS300W is much better).

Moshik

You can not Google it yet until exact confirmed date released to public. At the moment information can get only from close local sources.

GT300W has same HW as LS300W, this is for sure, and video quality also same, if its original gt300w. I guess you got fake gt300w ?

Check page 2 and 3 for pictures and videos

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1489&hilit=tear+down+gt300w&start=10

Not sure if gt550w CPU will have silk print A8 or NT96650, but its doesnt matter, its all the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

niko,

The link you mentioned shows the GT300 HW (and not the LS300w.
The quality of at night movie is definitely not the same as the LS.
Their WDR feature doesn't have the same quality results.

moshik said:
niko,

the gt300 has the same hardware as ls300w,

don't be fooled by the youtube videos in china, your actual result will be very different.

moshik said:
Sounds fantastic.

PS,

Moshik

There is nothing to think, it's a fact that GT300W has the same hardware, case / body and firmware structure as LS300W.
TioTech manufacturers all of them.
DOD orders them with they own Logo. Then there is a model with no logo or any writings on the body, - this comes directly from TioTech. Also there is so called neutral LS300W, where front case has logo of GT300W. Then there is a GT300W made for Shadow Tec with they own logo on the body. Basically anyone who places order of 500-1000 units can ask TioTech to print any logo on the outer body.
To summarize: GT300W is same as DOD LS300W.

moshik said:
niko,

The link I gave shows not GT300 as you mentioned, but GT300W !!!
And if you read posts more carefully posts made by " mister_rf", he has added pictures and videos to proof that GT300W is same as LS300W. Also it is aa fact that video shooting perfomance on both of them is same and WDR works also same on both.
Dont be fooled by other fake models. If you buy original GT300W from reputable seller, then performance is the same.
If you buy fake ones, then they have not A8 CPU, but NT96650 with OV2710 CMOS ( not AR0330 ) and fake ones have 4G lens, original has 6G lens. Fake ones has HDR ( high dynamic range ) or WHDR ( wide high dynamic range ) in the menu interface.
So please dont confuse other people here, unless you have bought original LS300W + GT300W and have made side by side tests and have other proofs.

If this is true then it would a be a winner

Any ETA?

Any idea if Parking Mode is coming? I think the LS300W doesn't ahve parking mode

niko said:
moshik said:
niko,

The link I gave shows not GT300 as you mentioned, but GT300W !!!
And if you read posts more carefully posts made by " mister_rf", he has added pictures and videos to proof that GT300W is same as LS300W. Also it is aa fact that video shooting perfomance on both of them is same and WDR works also same on both.
Dont be fooled by other fake models. If you buy original GT300W from reputable seller, then performance is the same.
If you buy fake ones, then they have not A8 CPU, but NT96650 with OV2710 CMOS ( not AR0330 ) and fake ones have 4G lens, original has 6G lens. Fake ones has HDR ( high dynamic range ) or WHDR ( wide high dynamic range ) in the menu interface.
So please dont confuse other people here, unless you have bought original LS300W + GT300W and have made side by side tests and have other proofs.

Looks like the confusion done by cheap versions of GT350 fake 6G.

Any news on this?

This is the only place I can find info about this model :s seems strange

TieNN89 said:
Any news on this?

Gt550w can be also found on taobao and tmall but they are for local China market only.
There is nothing strange. Shadow Tec ordered whole new model from TioTech or assembling gt550w them self from TioTech hardware / firmware. Foxoffer has some kind of ( exclusive? ) arrangements with Shadow Tec to distribute their products and already making pre-orders which will be shipped on 1 august

TieNN89 said:
Any news on this?

Take a look into the thread next door... ;)
There you will find the link to buy and for some more information.

Would you place order for it now or wait awhile longer ?

Why does niko know foxoffer will get the GT550W first? Though I'm only get purchase info on foxoffer.

benben950 said:
Why does niko know foxoffer will get the GT550W first? Though I'm only get purchase info on foxoffer.

perhaps he's been talking to them about it directly

Will be available in 2 days, the first thing I want to test is the GPS unit, why Tiotech sell it at so high price.

billknow said:
Will be available in 2 days, the first thing I want to test is the GPS unit, why Tiotech sell it at so high price.
Bcz It's a new style of Tiotech released.so the price is a little high.maybe someday gone the price will go down.

I'm new to the all webcams stuff.
I really like the LS300W but want GPS.
Should I but the 550 now with the GPS module or I better wait for reviews ?
Usually, Shadowtech stand behind the specs or better test it ?

When I see some reviews and it ticks all my boxes I'll be buying one :D

Is there a sticky mount for it? I know the GT300 has a sticky mount option somewhere

TieNN89 said:
Is there a sticky mount for it? I know the GT300 has a sticky mount option somewhere

It looks like it uses the same mount as the LS300W/GT300W so any 3M mount that works with those will also work in the GT550W.

Back