GuardTrak GT2S model details and info

Aussies will get this (poorly made) meme :)

2s10h76.jpg

Again I've never checked those, it's interchangeable with the Panorama, I have tested that so if anyone is familiar with how the Panorama connector compares to the Blackvue and Lukas models that might help

Still can't give a date, we're in a bit of a holding pattern at the moment, the A2 will be end of life soon (earlier than anticipated, we're way behind schedule obviously though anyway) and the A7 SDK still needs work before our required functionality can be supported so even that version is pending fixes before we could release

I'll wait until things are set in stone before going into more detail on any spec changes, some changes are still needed in the SDK before any of that can happen, that's something Ambarella control so need to wait until they get things sorted, the A7 is still somewhat basic in its supported functionality at this time
Sounds like GT2S goes A5? :D
I'd guess A7 wouldn't make sense since there will be a GT7S with A7 chipset.

ok thats interesting - out of ideas now

if we're forced out the A2 version by circumstance then it will just be A7 versions, the SDK isn't ready for us yet to be able to do that straight away though

we are considering doing a Street Guardian version using the same housing but if we do that will be a lower featured model than these for a different market need

The GT2S sounds very interesting but hoping the GT7S can be as discreet and well designed (and out soon :)). Really need a camera that doesn't struggle to read white number plates under HID lighting. :D

Buy right, buy once

I just wanna decent camera with up to date technology that isn't out of date while the camera is in the post to me, hard these days though with the rate things change at.

any updates on this thing??? I am really in desperate need almost of a new camera and my blackspue seems to have crapped itself and not recording properly.

From jokiin's latest, it looks as if it's many months away. Probably look at the Panorama II. Too bad, as I really like the form factor of the GuardTrak.

At this stage A7 engineering samples are scheduled for October, there's still things we need Ambarella to provide in the SDK though, whether or not that is done by then I have no idea at this stage, regardless we'll keep working on our side to get what we need done completed

After this video post by CNET more customers in USA will follow.
Go Jokiin, we believe in You ;-)
Was posted at CNET Yesterday
Car Tech 101: Dashcams explained

2 series and 7 series were always externally identical anyway
Jokiin - the GuardTrak web site at guardtrak.info looks like two models are available for sale; GT2S and the GT75S. Where can I find user reviews/example video for these models you're already selling?

Thanks

Jokiin - the GuardTrak web site at guardtrak.info looks like two models are available for sale; GT2S and the GT75S. Where can I find user reviews/example video for these models you're already selling?

Thanks

thanks for the interest but not available as yet, sorry

At this stage A7 engineering samples are scheduled for October, there's still things we need Ambarella to provide in the SDK though, whether or not that is done by then I have no idea at this stage, regardless we'll keep working on our side to get what we need done completed
so whats happening here? has this project come to a halt awaiting the A7 or something or some other problem not fixed as yet and your working on it? I'd rather this cam than the panorama G, but I see these as the only 2 options right now that are decent cameras and only 1 is available.

We're doing an A7 layout now, the first version is due in a few weeks for some testing we need to do, engineering samples should be in October, so far so good at least anyway

A2 version we had holdups of our own but once sorted we were doomed by Ambarella deciding A2 was going anyway, we were later than expected but their end of life on the A2 was earlier than expected also, even if we decided to release it them ending the supply effectively kills the model for us anyway

Back