GuardTrak GT2S model details and info

Despite all the delays and setbacks I think the A7 will end up as a more appealing, better product in the long run and worth the wait.

A7 versions had always been planned anyway, we may end up with a wider range of A7 variants than originally intended though

A7 versions had always been planned anyway, we may end up with a wider range of A7 variants than originally intended though

Yes, I'm well aware of that. My feeling, when I first saw the product roll-out you were planning (and I'm probably not the only one) was that the A7 was what I really wanted and now you can start offering these variants too.
It's probably time to start thinking about the A9! :)

Last edited:
All good things come to those who wait. :)
if I said that about the VB commodore when it was released thinking, hell, I will wait until the next model, it will be better, then when the VC commodore was released I think, hell, the next model will be better, will wait for that,................................ ah, VF has been released, I will wait for the next model, it will be better,. ooooohhhh, wheres the next model??? its 2023, been waiting 10 years now for the next model, I have never owned a commodore, what is happening?? I want the next better model!!! why have I been waiting soo long!!!
got to take the plunge sooner or later. might end up with a panorama G sooner than later if I cant permanently fix my blackspew until the guardtrak is released then sell the panorama or something but guardtrak is my first choice but cant be without a camera.

We're doing an A7 layout now, the first version is due in a few weeks for some testing we need to do, engineering samples should be in October, so far so good at least anyway
so October will be the know more month then you might know when this thing will be released finally?

not making release date predictions, got burnt last time I did that but I'll update whenever there's something worth mentioning, we're a few weeks away from the first hand assembled A7 versions, will have to wait until that happens to know where we're at

will talk to you some more about things offline

Pier28 is looking forward to helping ramp up future GuardTrak sales.
I agree the new A7 version will be well worth the wait. (better WDR/Night Vision)
The A2 would have been nice to have as a launch pad for phase 1, but oh well had to be skipped.
This much is certain, you know when GuardTrak products are ready for prime time, that some serious thought and quality control was put in big time.
Good things come to those who wait is right.

Last edited:
@wozzzzza,
If you do buy the Panorama, it will still be a very good camera and later would be excellent in the rear window. This is where mine will be after the GuardTrak is available. If I get a 2 channel GuardTrak, then the panorama goes to my wife's car.

I ordered Panorama G for now and I will be waiting for newer models with A7 from Jokiin with 2channel cams and option to use hidden memory unit.

For those who do not have any patience to wait. In my book it's better measure twice and cut once!

Last edited:
@wozzzzza,
If you do buy the Panorama, it will still be a very good camera and later would be excellent in the rear window. This is where mine will be after the GuardTrak is available.

Who would feel relaxed about leaving their car parked in a public place with a Panorama in the rear window? Here's a photo of a a Panorama in a rear window ... discreet isn't the word.

Panorama Rear.JPG

We're doing an A7 layout now, the first version is due in a few weeks for some testing we need to do, engineering samples should be in October, so far so good at least anyway

A2 version we had holdups of our own but once sorted we were doomed by Ambarella deciding A2 was going anyway, we were later than expected but their end of life on the A2 was earlier than expected also, even if we decided to release it them ending the supply effectively kills the model for us anyway
Oh dear! After getting 53,740+ views on this DCT thread it's R.I.P. GT2S.:(

Roll on GT7S it is then...:D

Last edited:
Who would feel relaxed about leaving their car parked in a public place with a Panorama in the rear window? Here's a photo of a a Panorama in a rear window ... discreet isn't the word.

yeah great camera, but not for a rear window

What that Picture with the pano in the rear fail to show is the bumper sticker saying " this car is protected by S&W"

View attachment 7643

While it's true that the Panorama really doesn't make for a stealthy rear view dash cam, this photo doesn't show a typical example in that it is a white car with an all white interior and a larger non-tinted rear windshield. Many vehicles on the road have tinted glass, darker interior colors and headliners that don't protrude two inches or more below the glass and would therefore offer better opportunities to make the camera less visible.

While it's true that the Panorama really doesn't make for a stealthy rear view dash cam, this photo doesn't show a typical example in that it is a white car with an all white interior and a larger non-tinted rear windshield. Many vehicles on the road have tinted glass, darker interior colors and headliners that don't protrude two inches or more below the glass and would therefore offer better opportunities to make the camera less visible.
I have a tinted rear window with black interior and have a GT680W hanging down right in the centre - like you say it's not that obvious it's actually there!

I have a tinted rear window with black interior and have a GT680W hanging down right in the centre - like you say it's not that obvious it's actually there!

Aside from being obvious I find them distracting in the rear view mirror in your field of view

When I first got the SJ400 I put it in the rear window. It was very obvious to people behind me that I was filming them. I am now lookin for something more discreet. While some say it makes people behave better when they see a camera, I say the "I am filming you!" look is uncomfortably awkward. Discreet is the way to go for me.

When I first got the SJ400 I put it in the rear window. It was very obvious to people behind me that I was filming them. I am now lookin for something more discreet. While some say it makes people behave better when they see a camera, I say the "I am filming you!" look is uncomfortably awkward. Discreet is the way to go for me.

Hey man, of all people to have to say this to. Get another Mobius for the rear window! ;)

Edit: I don't think any dash camera on the market is more suited to rear window placement.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D GuardTrak 4
Z GuardTrak 67
Back