GuardTrak GT2S model details and info

The bracket mounts direct to the window, the camera is removable from the bracket

Can't explain it exactly and we still have some patent paperwork we're waiting on but I'll post some more pictures once that's sorted

The bracket mounts direct to the window, the camera is removable from the bracket

Can't explain it exactly and we still have some patent paperwork we're waiting on but I'll post some more pictures once that's sorted

Yes, I gathered that. I think it would be a great feature if you could also incorporate an AMPS pattern into that.
I was imagining the bracket has a flat surface? Possibly it could remain flat and function exactly as it does now but have 4 holes or nuts or screws with AMPS spacing so it could be mated to an AMPS plate as an alternative. Just some option to have or make it AMPS compatible.

There's no chance to add the 4 holes, it has the GPS and the power supply inside the bracket and there's no space, it is a flat surface and could be mounted to something else, not really how it has been designed to work though, we will do the same spec cameras later in a different chassis style that would probably be more suitable for what you have in mind

There's no chance to add the 4 holes, it has the GPS and the power supply inside the bracket and there's no space, it is a flat surface and could be mounted to something else, not really how it has been designed to work though, we will do the same spec cameras later in a different chassis style that would probably be more suitable for what you have in mind

Outstanding, can't wait!

lol, for my model...
AMPS mounting option (my current dashcam is strapped to the mount with zip ties...)
Don't need GPS. I would still opt for the GPS model if it came both ways but it would just be in case I might want it in the future.
I would be very flexible if the dual channel solution with WiFi (or bluetooth) could have the rear camera stream to the front camera and use the storage there.

Something like every camera could work standalone but if you have more than one you could configure to have one use storage and the other(s) stream to it.

We have a few different options we're investigating right now for dual remote cam models

Oops, forgot to add. I don't want a screen either. :) If it would make the camera smaller. If it's the same size with or without it wouldn't matter to me.

So... racing model:
No GPS (you supply your own GPS solution if needed.)
No screen.
Fully configurable and functioned WiFi or Bluetooth.
Best optics and HD.
AMPS mount.
and includes the basic dashcam functions for the rest of the time.

Ok, fine... we're probably into the extremely small, specialized market. drat.

I like the gps units contained in the mount, the more I hear of this camera the more I like it, is it by any chance a suction mount such as
or would this be available as an option, could there be an option of 'adhesive gps mount' or 'suction gps mount'. People, I think, usually require one or other. Personally I modified my GS8000 gps mount to become a suction gps mount before it was an option, as this suits my needs.
Although I would love to buy your camera now, I am glad to hear you are going to thoroughly test it in different scenarios first to ensure it is as ready as possible for production. After all reputation is everything.
I really like that you have designed it based on feedback from customer needs/wants on this forum. I hope it all goes well for you with it, :).

I like the gps units contained in the mount, the more I hear of this camera the more I like it, is it by any chance a suction mount such as
or would this be available as an option, could there be an option of 'adhesive gps mount' or 'suction gps mount'. People, I think, usually require one or other. Personally I modified my GS8000 gps mount to become a suction gps mount before it was an option, as this suits my needs.
Although I would love to buy your camera now, I am glad to hear you are going to thoroughly test it in different scenarios first to ensure it is as ready as possible for production. After all reputation is everything.
I really like that you have designed it based on feedback from customer needs/wants on this forum. I hope it all goes well for you with it, :).

this particular model won't work for suction mounts, we'll do a different chassis for that, even though they add some compromises I do understand the need for suction mounts

Hi jokiin,

Glad to see your new products is coming to the market real soon. Since last time you mentioned about the A7 chipset based products coming soon, I have been eagerly waiting for that. Wonder what is the difference between A7 based models with the GT2S? Any WDR feature in the pipeline?

Regarding the mount, I also understand that a suction mount would not be as sturdy as direct mount with 3M adhesive. I have tinting film on my windscreen, so I think the 3M adhesive mount will be a problem if I decided to take it off next time.

Cheers,
YungYaw

Hi jokiin,

Glad to see your new products is coming to the market real soon. Since last time you mentioned about the A7 chipset based products coming soon, I have been eagerly waiting for that. Wonder what is the difference between A7 based models with the GT2S? Any WDR feature in the pipeline?

Regarding the mount, I also understand that a suction mount would not be as sturdy as direct mount with 3M adhesive. I have tinting film on my windscreen, so I think the 3M adhesive mount will be a problem if I decided to take it off next time.

Cheers,
YungYaw

we are looking at having an A7 variant of the GT2S soon as well, same feature set just with the addition of (true hardware) WDR, more on that when we get closer

for the suction mount it's not about being sturdy or not, suction mounts just won't work with this chassis, will need to be a different design to accommodate it

we are looking at having an A7 variant of the GT2S soon as well, same feature set just with the addition of (true hardware) WDR, more on that when we get closer

for the suction mount it's not about being sturdy or not, suction mounts just won't work with this chassis, will need to be a different design to accommodate it

Actually I have few ideas on how to acommodate a suction mount to GT2S chassis ( DIY ) and still have a stealth install, but about that can talk when product is out.

Actually I have few ideas on how to acommodate a suction mount to GT2S chassis ( DIY ) and still have a stealth install, but about that can talk when product is out.

not saying it's impossible, just not a preferred option for this design, there would be some compromises needed that are against what the design is about, I'll do a purpose built model for suction mount later, I could even do a different mount for that but then I think if I'm going to make another bracket I might as well just do the whole lot properly

not saying it's impossible, just not a preferred option for this design, there would be some compromises needed that are against what the design is about, I'll do a purpose built model for suction mount later, I could even do a different mount for that but then I think if I'm going to make another bracket I might as well just do the whole lot properly

I think majority of buyers no need suction mout because your new range allows quick main unit mount / dismount. For those who want to use it in 2-3 cars maybemore practical solution will be to buy extra mount, so they can mount it in other cars, if you will have that option to buy it separately?
For those few buyers who want to mount gt2s in rented cars would be solution to use easy removable double sided tape ( as it ment on the first place) and by the end of car rental period just remove it from windshield. For this of course would be nice if can also sell separately pre-cut easy-removable sticky pads / double sided tape ?
So in this case there is no need to invest money into suction mount development / production, I guess ?

I think majority of buyers no need suction mount because your new range allows quick main unit mount / dismount. For those who want to use it in 2-3 cars maybe more practical solution will be to buy extra mount, so they can mount it in other cars, if you will have that option to buy it separately?

That may be possible but it's not something I've calculated costs on to see how feasible it is, keeping in mind the mount bracket contains the power supply and GPS so would obviously be dearer than your average bracket, I can't see a retailer wanting to carry spare brackets as a stock item but perhaps it's something we could offer as an online product, not sure what sort of demand there would be but will keep an open mind on this

For those few buyers who want to mount gt2s in rented cars would be solution to use easy removable double sided tape ( as it meant on the first place) and by the end of car rental period just remove it from windshield.

There's a really high quality Velcro type tape by 3M which would probably be suitable, can't recall the product name but I know @Hillbilly uses it and swears by it so it must be good, I know there's a need for product which can easily go car to car but realistically this model is probably not ideal for that

For this of course would be nice if can also sell separately pre-cut easy-removable sticky pads / double sided tape ?

A spare mount adhesive will be included in the box

I would think a mirror mount would be popular (at least it would be with me :))
Clamp to the rod that goes from windshield to back of rear view mirror.

I would think a mirror mount would be popular (at least it would be with me :))
Clamp to the rod that goes from windshield to back of rear view mirror.

possibly, wouldn't work for this product though, not all mirrors are created equally though so something universal as possible would be needed, I feel things tend to get uglier when they're made to fit as many different scenarios as possible though

Koreans just charge too much because they're Korean, there's no justification a lot of the time, particularly when a lot of their product comes out of China anyway

for non GPS use I have other cameras I will be doing, these will be full feature cameras and should retail for less than some of their non GPS Korean equivalents anyway
Firt time to hear judge to Korean like that... interesting.

for non GPS use I have other cameras I will be doing, these will be full feature cameras and should retail for less than some of their non GPS Korean equivalents anyway

Now we're moving in the right direction. You already know my wish list but maybe I can get it counted twice :).
I'm guessing the price point for a mid/high end dash cam is right around $200 - $300 USD. I'd like to see a "component" unit with all of that put into just the audio/video. I think high end GPS, accelerometers, and displays cost about half that by themselves (each one) so there are going to be compromises on all of them to keep the cost of an all-in-one unit in the ball park. Not to mention size. Yes, I would still like it purposed as a dash cam with the expected memory management, power management functions.

Oops, forgot to add. I don't want a screen either. :) If it would make the camera smaller. If it's the same size with or without it wouldn't matter to me.

So... racing model:
No GPS (you supply your own GPS solution if needed.)
No screen.
Fully configurable and functioned WiFi or Bluetooth.
Best optics and HD.
AMPS mount.
and includes the basic dashcam functions for the rest of the time.

Ok, fine... we're probably into the extremely small, specialized market. drat.
That sounds very interesting for me, too. Extendable lens and it's perfect while we're on the wishlist section!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D GuardTrak 4
Z GuardTrak 67
Back