Hands on Mini 0806 Ambarella A7LA50 dash camera

When using for the first time the camera insert it into the mount with both hands, this means the mount is not fixed on the windscreen.
Insert the camera completely into the mount and then move it out and it several times. Only the first time will be hard to take it out. After camera is sliding easy into the mount fix it on your windscreen. Is the same problem as on Mini 0805 mount first time usage.
Also I observed when rotating the camera at some position the cap around the power button can be detached by mistake. So rotate it carefully.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hi!

I just received my Mini 0806 the other day. The issue I am having is that the mount is very tight. I had to use quite a bit of pressure to get the mini into the mount and now I cannot get it out at all it seems. Has anyone else had this problem?
Yes, both the 0805 and 0806 are a tight fit on first use but ease up to a nice fit after a few insertions. I think it is intentional and better than the 0803 which started off a nice fit but became slightly loose after a few insertions.

I guess you just need a little more force to get it out again but make sure you are pulling it straight, not at an angle as it is only plastic. Wiggling it slightly may help.

Okay! So, I fought with it this morning and finally got it out. After that initial insertion and removal it became immediately easier to get it on and off of the mount. I went ahead and slide it in and out several times and now it's nice and smooth.

I made two not so interesting videos about Mini 0806.

enjoy,
Mtz
Advantages of the new mount:

1. less parts - more reliability.
2a. two power connections - top and bottom so that you don't have a cable sticking untidily out the side.
2b. two power connections - top and bottom so that you can mount it upside down and still have the cable come neatly out the top.
2c. two power connections - top and bottom so that you can daisy chain multiple cameras (eg wide and narrow FOV).
3a. lower profile - stops the mount getting in the image with certain angles of windshield when using the wide angle lens and wide screen 21:9 cinema mode.
3b. lower profile - brings the camera lens closer to the glass reducing the amount of dashboard reflections in the FOV.
3c. lower profile - brings the camera lens closer to the glass resulting in larger scratches and dirt on the windshield being more out of focus and thus more invisible.
4. camera now mounted in centre of base instead of top corner resulting in better stability.

Does the 0806 work with the 0803 GPS mount?
Yes :)

There is a possibility of having the mount visible in the corner of the image, depending on the angle of your glass.

Guys, I want to thank you for all the important research and information provided on this forum!

What I would like to ask if sellers like estore009 on eBay are selling 0806 offer genuine products or are they just copies?

Hi guys,
great topic,
I was considering buying a mobius and modding it, or a A118 but now the 0806 looks interesting.
I've looked on JooVuu website, but I can't really understand if I'm getting the parking guard or not (that will actually make me incline to it as a few days ago I had my car vandalized in a hotel parking lot and the repair costs are bigger than the price of this camera). I quote from their website "The parking guard bracket is ready"
Also is it still only pre-order or am I getting the thing shipped now.
What about the vibration everybody is complaining about?

ok. thanks for the headsup. I'm new to the forum and I was expecting that having a warehouse in Europe, they will at least try to follow the european guidelines and rules.

ok. thanks for the headsup. I'm new to the forum and I was expecting that having a warehouse in Europe, they will at least try to follow the european guidelines and rules.
I think they do try...

There are alternatives: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/combi-feedback.10433/

There are lots mini 0806 about again now so they should be in stock with most people.

Not sure why "The parking guard bracket is ready" when almost no one has actually seen one yet, as far as I know they are still in development/testing and you shouldn't assume that it will definitely appear anytime soon. Without it, the 0806 will still wake up if the car is hit and record for 10 seconds on it's own battery power which may be better than nothing. You can also leave it recording or on motion detect if you are leaving the car somewhere dodgy, not really something you want to do every day though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mtz
Hi all
When will be commercialized version/lot 3 of 806 mini?

some sellers say they have them already, how true that is though is unknown
True or not, there have been a lot less manufacturing issues reported recently, the only issue that still regularly appears is being out of focus, that's not just an 0806 issue though.

Where in the UK, can I get the Mini 0806 fitted professionally? front & rear with all cables chased? also to power from the car battery? as opposed to the cigarette socket?

Thanks

I bought 0806 with internal battery and 2015/05/12 firmware. I see on update site that this version of firmware has "removed Parking Guard menu provisionally . (which caused some battery flating problem)". I'm not sure what exactly is battery flatting problem. Is it normal discharge caused by running parking guide or something else?

If it's just discharge then I don't understand why this option was removed because this behaviour is expected. Parking Guard should works until battery will be empty.

Back