Hands on Mini 0806 Ambarella A7LA50 dash camera

...so.... If I live in the USA and want my 0806 ASAP should I order from the UK website or wait for the US website to catch up and then order from the USA website? It seems like the USA website isn't nearly as up-to-date as the UK website.
@outlawstar ,thanks for your message,USA website is released from early Dec,which is a little bit new,but would improve as good as UK website soon.
Pls choose USA website then the shipping is from USA warehouse:
https://www.joovuu.com/us/home/33-p...a-car-dvr-dual-128gb-tf-card-slot-gpscpl.html

Only the parking guard bracket,which is still in the process of developing product stage,factory said estimate around March 2015 may have parking guard bracket.
JooVuu, not all your buyers are reading your posts or this forum. You should remove the option of Parking Guard because it is adding cost to final price, or at least make some option like "Available in March" and not add value to final price.
Generally, when somebody will see something which he likes, he can make a dream about it and when you will refuse his order is something like breaking his dream. Don't make him dreaming with an option which not exists at this moment because will be not good for your business.
Also you need to update ASAP the pictures with silver cover because you will continue losing few buyers which are not reading the forums.

The JooVuu USA price is better than UK price by $1.50. ;-)

enjoy,
Mtz

JooVuu, not all your buyers are reading your posts or this forum. You should remove the option of Parking Guard because it is adding cost to final price, or at least make some option like "Available in March" and not add value to final price.
Generally, when somebody will see something which he likes, he can make a dream about it and when you will refuse his order is something like breaking his dream. Don't make him dreaming with an option which not exists at this moment because will be not good for your business.
Also you need to update ASAP the pictures with silver cover because you will continue losing few buyers which are not reading the forums.

The JooVuu USA price is better than UK price by $1.50. ;-)

enjoy,
Mtz

Thank you Mtz, the post we just originally responded with as the last information we had was parking guard would be available by the end of January. We've now removed this and will be contacting all customers who have ordered one.

Kind regards,

JooVuu

Mini 0806 with CPL,GPS bracket,Micro USB hardware kit is available in our shop.
Only the parking guard bracket,which is still in the process of developing product stage,factory said estimate around March 2015 may have parking guard bracket.
(It will increase another chipset to improve the sensitivity based on the current bracket)

For your kind reference.
Joovuu.com/Shenzhen Sourcer

========================
I have come to regard your posts as extremely informative, even authoritative so thank you for that! At approximately the same time that you responded to my Parking Guard Mount question (above) I had asked a very similar question on the Joovuu UK website. Based on the fact that the UK website previously allowed us to order a single Parking Guard Mount I wanted to know how to order a second/spare mount. Here's the question that I asked along with the extremely lame response that I received from Joovuu Support:
======================== <No need to respond to my complaint>============
My question (granted, I could have phrased it better):
I plan to use my Mini 0806 camera on two different vehicles so need a mount for each car. How do I order a second parking guard mount for the Mini 0806?

From Joovuu Support:
(1)"First of all ours is not an E-Prance Mini 0806 we buy directly from the developer and no modifications are made to it. (2) If you have bought an E-Prance Mini 0806 you would have to contact them as we cannot vouch if they have made no modifications etc. (3)If you have bought from us we can get order a spare mount for you and include it in your order."

Comments:
(1) Not relevant
(2) ?? The 0806 isn't even shipping yet although I suppose it's remotely possible that I already have one
(3) WRONG Answer! Those of us following the threads on dashcamtalk are aware that the Parking Guard Bracket won't be ready until the March 2015 timeframe.

More comments:
NOT TO COMPLAIN UNNECESSARILY but how do we do something positive and get the message out to the JooVuu support team to encourage them to start reading dashcamtalk? The objective should be for consistent and correct information to be distributed by all customer-facing Joovuu folks. I HATE getting contradictory answers back from the very people who are supposed to know what's going on.

On a related note, I was encouraged to see that the UK website has been updated to temporarily remove the option to purchase the Parking Guard Bracket. They also added an informative note indicating delayed availability. Good job on that.

Hi everyone,
I'll just answer a few questions and give you a bit more information just so you can get a scope of things.

JooVuu is a small company and as such out time is limited. This weekend we had almost 100 orders, 200kg of new stock arrive (including 0806s), starting development of 3 new products, changing internal software, starting a new IT project, changing shipping provider, and had to do a stock check. This sadly is not even a busy time for us, this is just standard. As such our time is incredibly busy and I work a minimum of 12 hours if not 16-18 when it is really busy. We constantly push ourselves, and we always want to be the first to have new products etc. We try our hardest to keep up with everything, but we sometimes cannot read everything and follow everything. We also go by the developers. For instance, a lot of people have stated they have had their pre-ordered SJ5000 Cameras sent from foxoffer etc however we contacted SJCAM and were told that foxoffer were sending out samples and not final production versions. So whilst we do try on top of everything occasionally we cannot be 110% up-to date or may decide to hold off on something until we have official confirmation. We all are working flat out and we will make a renewed effort to try and get on here a bit more but we really are working flat out at the moment.

Kind regards,

Dan
Owner of JooVuu

Hi everyone,
I'll just answer a few questions and give you a bit more information just so you can get a scope of things.

JooVuu is a small company and as such out time is limited. This weekend we had almost 100 orders, 200kg of new stock arrive (including 0806s), starting development of 3 new products, changing internal software, starting a new IT project, changing shipping provider, and had to do a stock check. This sadly is not even a busy time for us, this is just standard. As such our time is incredibly busy and I work a minimum of 12 hours if not 16-18 when it is really busy. We constantly push ourselves, and we always want to be the first to have new products etc. We try our hardest to keep up with everything, but we sometimes cannot read everything and follow everything. We also go by the developers. For instance, a lot of people have stated they have had their pre-ordered SJ5000 Cameras sent from foxoffer etc however we contacted SJCAM and were told that foxoffer were sending out samples and not final production versions. So whilst we do try on top of everything occasionally we cannot be 110% up-to date or may decide to hold off on something until we have official confirmation. We all are working flat out and we will make a renewed effort to try and get on here a bit more but we really are working flat out at the moment.

Kind regards,

Dan
Owner of JooVuu

Thanks Dan for taking the time to personally address my concerns. It's nice to know that my voice was heard and that I wasn't caught up in yet another disgruntled support person launching a reflexive and off-the-mark answer that didn't get to the heart of the matter. I'm planning to purchase at least one 0806 in the near future and since I'm on a budget don't want to order "the wrong thing". I also have several local friends/colleagues who are looking with interest at my new purchase. So when I think I'm making the prudent move to email support for the real story it's disconcerting to get answers back that may ultimately end up costing me money - extra shipping, wrong product for my application, delayed mount options, etc. I won't be using the 0806 in a typical way so availability of the Parking Guard Mount is quite important to me. I have also owned a small business and totally empathize with the pace of activity and immensely respect your efforts to maintain operational integrity as you fight endless logistical battles. Please accept my apologies for being a bit petulant and be assured that when I purchase, Joovuu will my first choice as you have earned my business.

Hello guys
Sorry I haven't appear on the forum for days, yes it is a long time from my last writing.
we spend several days in plating shops to tryout a best solution for the plating on mini 0806 camera, as we found the plating effect on the first batch is not so excelent as we wished. At the same time, there are two testing girl are taking care 20pcs testing cameras full time, to make sure there is no problem for dual cards switching; and try to find more bugs to feed our firmware engineer. :)
for the Parking Guard function, we realize the internal battery solution is not good enough in the daily operation. We have to create a new Parking Guard Mount which provide constant power supply and power voltage triger for the parking recording process. We can't get too much support from Ambarella so we have to modify some source code ourself to make the function working well. We need more time on the codes and the following testing.
Everything we do, we do it for you - your better operating experience.

Thank you very much for your patience, all the mini 0806 fanatics!
your comment or suggestion will be appericated.

Sincerely,
Rayman @MEGtech

Hello guys
Sorry I haven't appear on the forum for days, yes it is a long time from my last writing.
we spend several days in plating shops to tryout a best solution for the plating on mini 0806 camera, as we found the plating effect on the first batch is not so excelent as we wished. At the same time, there are two testing girl are taking care 20pcs testing cameras full time, to make sure there is no problem for dual cards switching; and try to find more bugs to feed our firmware engineer. :)
for the Parking Guard function, we realize the internal battery solution is not good enough in the daily operation. We have to create a new Parking Guard Mount which provide constant power supply and power voltage triger for the parking recording process. We can't get too much support from Ambarella so we have to modify some source code ourself to make the function working well. We need more time on the codes and the following testing.
Everything we do, we do it for you - your better operating experience.

Thank you very much for your patience, all the mini 0806 fanatics!
your comment or suggestion will be appericated.

Sincerely,
Rayman @MEGtech
Hi Rayman, thanks for updating us with your latest production, development and testing of the mini 0806. Does this mean I should wait to buy one until the new updates are verified and working properly?
For the ones that might have already bought one (if any) does that mean they got ones that have the bugs in them still?

bugs can be solved by update firmware, we can't make sure there is not any bug in any product.
Micro$oft update the windows system everyday :)
Just do the best to solve and improve :)

@outlawstar ,thanks for your message,USA website is released from early Dec,which is a little bit new,but would improve as good as UK website soon.
Pls choose USA website then the shipping is from USA warehouse:
https://www.joovuu.com/us/home/33-p...a-car-dvr-dual-128gb-tf-card-slot-gpscpl.html
Hi, I just placed my order for the mini 0806 with GPS and CPL filter from your USA web site. I commented that I want the all black color version and hope you will ship a new 100% working unit soon.
I hope this unit will work in the sub freezing cold temperatures we are having here in the NYC USA area. I just sent back an ABEO HDVR-180-G2 rear view mirror dash cam that quit working as soon as the temperature got really cold... it was only 23 degrees Farenheit and the unit just stopped recording. I hope these mini 0806 will continue to work to below 0 degrees temperatures as well as withstand the hot summer days.

Hi, I just placed my order for the mini 0806 with GPS and CPL filter from your USA web site. I commented that I want the all black color version and hope you will ship a new 100% working unit soon.
I hope this unit will work in the sub freezing cold temperatures we are having here in the NYC USA area. I just sent back an ABEO HDVR-180-G2 rear view mirror dash cam that quit working as soon as the temperature got really cold... it was only 23 degrees Farenheit and the unit just stopped recording. I hope these mini 0806 will continue to work to below 0 degrees temperatures as well as withstand the hot summer days.

Keep us posted...

Keep us posted...
Well, JooVu just sent me an email saying that "Unfortunately, we are out of stock and your order will be delayed." But they have already charged me for the payment. I hope the delay is not going to be a long wait.

But they have already charged me for the payment.

WOW really? I didn't think shops were supposed to charge you until the item shipped, unless it was a custom order or something.
After my mini0803 I've been teetering back and forth about getting a mini0806. You just gave me another reason to wait. Thx!

WOW really? I didn't think shops were supposed to charge you until the item shipped, unless it was a custom order or something.
After my mini0803 I've been teetering back and forth about getting a mini0806. You just gave me another reason to wait. Thx!
Yeah, I am not really thrilled to experience this either... JooVu why did you charge my payment if you did not have it in stock yet to ship? You should only charge a customer when it ships. That's better business practice and makes you more trust worthy.

Hi!

I just received my Mini 0806 the other day. The issue I am having is that the mount is very tight. I had to use quite a bit of pressure to get the mini into the mount and now I cannot get it out at all it seems. Has anyone else had this problem?

Hi!

I just received my Mini 0806 the other day. The issue I am having is that the mount is very tight. I had to use quite a bit of pressure to get the mini into the mount and now I cannot get it out at all it seems. Has anyone else had this problem?

Where did you order it from? I pre-ordered mine from joovu usa in early december and have yet to receive it.

Where did you order it from? I pre-ordered mine from joovu usa in early december and have yet to receive it.

I got mine from JooVuu. I did the pre-order in mid-december. I don't recall if I ordered it from the USA site or the UK site, but PayPal paid in Pound Sterling, so I might have ordered it from the UK site by accident.

I got mine from JooVuu. I did the pre-order in mid-december. I don't recall if I ordered it from the USA site or the UK site, but PayPal paid in Pound Sterling, so I might have ordered it from the UK site by accident.

I was thinking I would get it earlier but I guess not. I just hope my order is in the first batch for the use site since I ordered mid December also. Now it says next batch in late January so i'm going to be pissed if I don't get it in first batch.

Hopefully joovuu or someone can clear this up

I was thinking I would get it earlier but I guess not. I just hope my order is in the first batch for the use site since I ordered mid December also. Now it says next batch in late January so i'm going to be pissed if I don't get it in first batch.

If you look here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/best-place-to-buy-0806.8669/page-2#post-112634 JooVuu posted on Tuesday that they had some issues with their customs forms on the recent USA batch. I imagine it's probably going to be a little while to clear up that issue.

Back