Hands on: the Itronics ITB-250HD wireless dashcam

Range bars are still grey-out on my nexus 4 but beside that all functions in app seems to be working just fine:)

Mtz said:
Burnt2 said:
Can you provide a link to the download, or how do I get the new android app?
Will be not a link for download because every application is personalized for every buyer with personal data and serial number. You should receive an updated application. Check your mails.

enjoy,
Mtz

I bought mine from apple-ct and it came to me on the sd card with the 250; should I email apple-ct and ask for an updated version, or will it come automatically to my email?

They should automatically send your latest version of the application. Maybe some delay because of weekend. But check also your spam folder, maybe is there, because other people received it as you can see in this topic.

regards,
Michael

After few months of daily usage the camera is working perfect. Day-by-day, and is very comfortable to know the camera is always working and I don't need to check or to mount it.
A video recorded by ITB-250HD from a car which have another mounting solution:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmqaEVsb0c0

On the windshield are mounted an Hyundai R700 and a Livue LB300. I still like more the ITB-250HD.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:
In the latest version of the Android application there is a new function called Mirroring. It is reversing the screen preview from left to right. Is not an important feature for me so if you don't need to upgrade you can use your actual Android application.

Screenshot_2013-10-15-11-19-49.png
I was not in the car, that screenshot was made from my house through wireless connection to the ITB-250HD. :rolleyes:

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
I have to say that mine it's work perfectly after months including the hot summer. Only sometimes it sound an alarm when dashcam is overheat, but I think this cam have no problems with temperature. :)

They have not sent me the last version of apk. I still with 0.7.3. I'll contact them.

Last edited:
If your APK version is working OK and don't need the Mirror function is not necessary to update.

Also I have some beeps but I disabled the shocks sensing.

enjoy,
Mtz

Starting from june 2014, the latest firmware update is v1.4 and also the new player v1.4.0 can be updated from here.
Firmware changes:
- new sensitivity for parking mode
- improved the brightness performance against direct sun
- new wireless mode called Client Mode
Screenshot_2014-10-14-01-19-12.png

Also because of the new Itronics ITB100-HD SPW the Android application is in english now and can be downloaded from Google Play.
Application changes:
v0.8.2 2014-06-30 code:29
- Performance improvement for several features
v0.8.1 2014-06-19 code:28
- Add a Parking Mode Entry Level in Device Setting
v0.8.0 2014-04-08 code:27
- Optimization for KitKat

enjoy,
Mtz

Hi, the wifi of the camera stopped working. I think it may be the wifi dongle. I've removed and connected to another usb antenna (TP-LiNK) light comes on, there is power, but still no wifi signal issue.
Is it possible that I need to run the same dongle with the same driver (Realtek)?
Could it be fault of Itronics motherboard ?

Thanks a lot

EDIT: The problem was happening with the new firmware version 1.4. After return to 1.2, all ok.

Last edited:
Dear all,

I'm having some time setting issue with my ITB-250HD, the time zone kept going back to Seoul time zone after I changed the time zone to my required time zone.

Can someone help me with this issue...

Thanks in advance.

I think you have a problem with power. Because no power is in your dashcam, the clock is reset everytime you turn off the camera. Maybe a capacitor problem, I don't know.

Hi, the wifi of the camera stopped working.
Look at my previous screenshot from Android application.

enjoy,
Mtz

I had a ITB-100HD, for the rear.

This ITB-100HD does not have this time settings issues...

Yes, is correct the ITB-100HD to not have a problem and only the 250HD. My post was about internal power of 250HD, maybe the capacitor is damaged.
Is not difficult to disassemble the 250HD, maybe you can find how to check a capacitor.

enjoy,
Mtz

Dear all,

I'm having some time setting issue with my ITB-250HD, the time zone kept going back to Seoul time zone after I changed the time zone to my required time zone.

Can someone help me with this issue...

Thanks in advance.
I have the same problem and mine is always on.

Hi there,ITB 100 or 250 have a motion detection function? what about power consumption? watt or mA? thanks .

Better image for 0806, for sure.
But consider that iTronics have a version ITB100 SPW which is with wireless and FullHD 1080p. I remember ITB100 had good quality for low light conditions and I expect the SPW version to be the same or even better.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back