Hands on the Livue LB100. $100 korean 720p dashcam

Does anyone ever get missing video files? My camera lost about 70 seconds of driving. Folder contents are

Normal: 050458 (ends at 050547)
Normal: 050922 (ends at 050921)
Event : 050751 (ends at 050823)
Event: 050823 (ends at 050852)
Event: 050852 (ends at 050922)

There is no video for 050547-050751. Why?

But apart from that, I'm really happy with the video. Please ignore the audio issues. That is my video editing/joining program glitching. The audio in the raw dashcam files is perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
CrzRsn said:
Does anyone ever get missing video files? My camera lost about 70 seconds of driving. Folder contents are

Normal: 050458 (ends at 050547)
Normal: 050922 (ends at 050921)
Event : 050751 (ends at 050823)
Event: 050823 (ends at 050852)
Event: 050852 (ends at 050922)

There is no video for 050547-050751. Why?

I am not sure why exactly, but this seems to be happening to me as well. Looks like I am missing random segments, but they all seems to centered around G sensor events. (My suspension on my 01' Honda Insight is very stiff, so I tend to get a lot of those). I will look more into it, but it really seems that it only happens during this time. I purchased three of these cameras, and will try to verify this over the next couple days and see if it's just a specific camera.

Overall, I must say I am happy with the quality vs affordability as well. I also own a V1000GS, which seems to better video quality, but terrible reliability (It has killed 3 SD cards in the past year and a half).

Okay, I've been using my cam for awhile now and I've noticed a few problems:

1. Sound repeats when I have it on to record. I have turned it off due to the annoyance of this, but I would like to have the option.
2. Missing video segments. I have a S2000 CR (obviously), which has very stiff suspension PLUS I drive in Los Angeles, which means I have a lot of event recordings.
3. I have 0KB recordings, or less than the minimum recording setting. Most segments are around 30 seconds when I have it set for 2 minutes.
4. Old viewer will not pick up any recordings while using my PC.

If ANYONE could help, I would REALLY appreciate it. Thanks!

Not sure what you mean by sound repeats? Does it play everything back twice?

No fix for event recordings yet. I'm hoping Livue comes out with a new firmware that allows those to be disabled while the camera is in regular record mode. I changed the card allocation to equal space movie and event files to have a less chance that the events are overwritten.

30 seconds recordings are when the camera suddenly switches to event move. Problem will be fixed when events are disabled with new firmware

I had problems with Livue old viewer too. Try getting the Winycam viewer. You need to browse to the card location with the little maginifying glass icon to get it to see the videos. I only use the viewer to change camera settings, hate it for videos. I just play the raw video files directly off the card with VLC or MPC-HC.

TwentyFIngers said:
I am having difficulties with firmware update. My LB100 is running a V300HD firmware, v20121115. I followed the instructions:
1. Copied WINYCAM_V300_130306_EN.bin to the SD card's root
2. Powered the LB100 after inserting the SD card into it

But nothing happens. After few second there is the usual “Normal recording will start.”.

I also duplicated the firmware and ended up with 6 files in SD card's root hoping that one of the will do the trick.
1. WINYCAM_V300_130306_EN.bin
2. WINYCAM_V300_130306.bin
3. FW01_130613_EN.bin
4. FW01_130613.bin
5. WINYCAM_V300HD_130306_EN.bin
6. WINYCAM_V300HD_130306.bin

Still nothing. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Anybody? BTW besides the firmware upgrade everything else works perfectly fine. I am able to update the configuration file with the WinyCam android app and it gets recognized by the camera.

Your names are right.
Be sure the bin file is in the root of the SD Card, but not in some folder, or try to use another card.

enjoy,
Mtz

Please, anybody, send to me one (or several) short samples of original files from your dachcam (with GPS !).
I haven't found any, in the Internet.
vadikus@mail.ru

jokiin said:
It seems most people buy this model without the GPS option
Let it be. But I want to support GPS models.
I'm in right place? Because I don't found other.
Does it contain G-Sensor?

Vadikus said:
jokiin said:
It seems most people buy this model without the GPS option
Let it be. But I want to support GPS models.
I'm in right place? Because I don't found other.
Does it contain G-Sensor?

I appreciate that you want to add support for other models, it's very good of you to do it

there's just not so many users of this model it seems that bought the GPS, it was an expensive option I think many couldn't justify paying for, $100 camera with a $30 GPS option was maybe not a good business model

jokiin said:
I appreciate that you want to add support for other models, it's very good of you to do it

there's just not so many users of this model it seems that bought the GPS, it was an expensive option I think many couldn't justify paying for, $100 camera with a $30 GPS option was maybe not a good business model

I had supported all other (requested by users) models with mov/mp4 files. So, looking for, what to do now...
May be I will find some job there :)

Vadikus said:
jokiin said:

I had supported all other (requested by users) models with mov/mp4 files. So, looking for, what to do now...
May be I will find some job there :)

the two problems I see now that aren't supported (not sure if they can be) are models that use txt files for the GPS data and models that use TS file format like some of the current DOD models, for these models playback is very limited

jokiin said:
models that use txt files for the GPS data
All had been supported, what I know. VIOFO GS900(VF960S) was the last. If you know some more - please show.

jokiin said:
and models that use TS file format like some of the current DOD models, for these models playback is very limited
TS is very nasty format, it has a lot of problems (for developer).
I don't want to support it at all :)
I like MOV = MP4.

AVI is waiting too, but avi can be more easy supported, rather TS.

Vadikus said:
jokiin said:
models that use txt files for the GPS data
All had been supported, what I know. VIOFO GS900(VF960S) was the last. If you know some more - please show.

jokiin said:
and models that use TS file format like some of the current DOD models, for these models playback is very limited
TS is very nasty format, it has a lot of problems (for developer).
I don't want to support it at all :)
I like MOV = MP4.

AVI is waiting too, but avi can be more easy supported, rather TS.

I've seen a few models recently using txt files for the GPS, they were not my product though, the txt file is parsed from the NMEA file so is easy not to do, they only reason they need to do this is the crappy playback program they use only supports txt GPS files

for TS I'm not a fan either, the reason you see some using TS format is they can't get recycle working correctly with MOV or MP4, the negatives far outweigh any positives with this format, for our models we use NMEA format for the GPS data and have user selectable MOV or MP4 video output, works well for what we want and gives the end user some choice

Did the firmware and viewer update without an issue. I can't stand the new voice prompts . Is there a way to have the new firmware with the old voice; or this an all or nothing propositions? One more question, I thought you had to use the cigarette female adopter to step down the voltage, but I read through the postings I can simply cut off the plug and wire directly to the 12v to the fuse panel. Is this correct?

I have just one more question. where in the config file do you modify the number of hours that you want to be in parking mode. I don't see a setting.

i purchased a livue from astrobile.com. shipping was very fast than i expected.
the shipping box was well packed and the camera is brand new sealed in the box.
as a result of using livue, it is a good product! :D
I am very very satisfied!

I received a livue ealier yesterday in three days in CA. It was very impressive.
so I'm using it now very well with no problems.
if u think about it, just go for it.
i think it is not a bad choice.

Back