Happy with Mini 805 but... what new cam?

CoreForce

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
Hi all,

I'm looking for a recommendation for a good image quality DashCam with discrete and packed form like of a B40 but with GPS integrated. The Street Guardian SG9665GC seems to be a nice one but still it has the GPS external.

I'm actually quite happy with the Mini 805 I bought for my first run into DashCam world.
Initially I though I might use the clippable base as an option to swap the cam between cars, but now reverting back as the base is not that solid that I believe it would withstand frequent swaps over time. Also I find the B40 form factor more attractive as I would like to keep the cam installed in a convertible.

I'm fine with 1080p resolution. Initially the Mini's 1296p appealed to me and image really is great on it. But it turned out to be a bummer: for use in video processing the material needs downsampling (which is time consuming) and running the Mini in 1080p simply does not deliver the same image quality.

So what I'm looking for is a vlogger's delight like:
- flat, discrete housing attached to windshield
- integrated GPS
- very good daytime image quality, good to average quality for low light, at a standard resolution (e.g. 1080p)
- capable for at least 64GB SD card
- separate GPS log file would be fine (not inside video file)
- either a very simple and reliable control or a reasonable LCD screen with menu and status indicators

Any pointers to existing or upcoming cams or ideas would be very much appreciated.
Thanks!

I loved my mini 0805. now I'm loving my A119. it has everything that the mini 0805 has plus a more solid, vibration-free mount, native support for bigger SD cards, has an inexpensive option for a GPS base/mount, higher resolution than the 0805, a longer time-out when in motion detect mode (helps you avoid gaps in the recording while driving), super capacitor vs. battery. the only thing I really miss from the 0805 was the 21:9 super-wide ratio.

Thanks for pointing to the A119, looks awesome. Just ordered one, looking forward to it.

Back