Hardwire Blackvue DR900X-2CH - Questions

Next time somebody insists that all the fuses are supplied by a single high power bus enabling you to take any amperage from any fuse location, I shall link to this post!
could be, if their vehicle was built in the 70's ;)

could be, if their vehicle was built in the 70's ;)
Or full size USA Ford vans made to 1991 :whistle: Not sure when they switched from glass fuses to blade types, but otherwise this was designed in 1975 and was not otherwise changed. 3 large busses: Always hot, IGN hot, and starter-interrupted IGN hot.

Very simple and reliable. Probably the last US-built vehicle made this way :cool:

Phil

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate that it is a dodgy method, as mentioned in my post, the fuse box does not provide sufficient space above the fuse to use a fuse tap (I have even bought these already without realising the problem), hence I wanted to see if anyone could recommend another way to connect to an existing fuse.

As you can see, there is no room to install a fuse tap and put the cover back on.
View attachment 56259
If you find a fuse you want to use and it is taken see if there are other fuses close to it in the same row. Each row can be unclipped and pulled out, technically they come out from the back but if there is a little room behind they can usually be pushed in a little then twisted to pull out through the gap if that makes sense. Failing that how difficult is the trim panel to remove for better access?

if you can get the fuse row out there is a plastic cover on the back and you can then see the supply, a lot of the fuses are fed by the same wire with a rail spanning the multiple fuses rather than being a pcb like the pics posted earlier in the thread. This way you can identify if there is a spare fuse fed by the same power. Also check if any spaces have a fuse but don’t actually have a wire at the outlet, in this case you can crimp a terminal to your dash cam cable and install it in the fuse box that way.

Back