Have A119S, will travel...

Wrecked

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Street Guardian SG9665SG (32GB Transcend card included)
I first want to thank whoever it was that suggested folks have a look at this forum. (Take a bow CaptureYourAction!) I bought this automobile peeper based on literally days and days of research into dashcams. Well, to be honest it was more like an hour or so, but that's ages! So far I am very pleased with it, except for the absence of clear and understandable instructions out of the box as to how to use the beast. I am yet to figure out how to pay back videos which should not require a phd in advanced spoon-bending! But I have managed to stumble upon the way a couple times...

We shall see how it does out here in the boonies of the great white north.

Thanks for all the tips already posted peeps. My mental capacity has increased markedly since visiting here a few minutes ago.

I first want to thank whoever it was that suggested folks have a look at this forum. (Take a bow CaptureYourAction!) I bought this automobile peeper based on literally days and days of research into dashcams. Well, to be honest it was more like an hour or so, but that's ages! So far I am very pleased with it, except for the absence of clear and understandable instructions out of the box as to how to use the beast. I am yet to figure out how to pay back videos which should not require a phd in advanced spoon-bending! But I have managed to stumble upon the way a couple times...

We shall see how it does out here in the boonies of the great white north.

Thanks for all the tips already posted peeps. My mental capacity has increased markedly since visiting here a few minutes ago.
Are you trying to figure out how to play them on the camera itself, or are you looking for a program to play them on your computer?

I just flashed the firmware to 1.2. Piece of cake. A small annoyance to have to reprogram all the settings but no big deal really. I guess I'm gettin old cause I need reading glasses to see what I am doing. I went for a drive today, prior to the flashing and it did what it does very nicely indeed. My wife and former sweetheart was impressed with the video quality and I expect it to get even better with the flash.

But I do have a question for those in the nose: just how important is having a cpl filter? I drove into the sun with minimal artifacts but I did get a healthy reflection of the defrosting vent and dash. Will the filter really remove such reflections, or just tame them a bit? Fortunately the reflection is restricted to the bottom 10% of the image recorded.

I just flashed the firmware to 1.2. Piece of cake. A small annoyance to have to reprogram all the settings but no big deal really. I guess I'm gettin old cause I need reading glasses to see what I am doing. I went for a drive today, prior to the flashing and it did what it does very nicely indeed. My wife and former sweetheart was impressed with the video quality and I expect it to get even better with the flash.

But I do have a question for those in the nose: just how important is having a cpl filter? I drove into the sun with minimal artifacts but I did get a healthy reflection of the defrosting vent and dash. Will the filter really remove such reflections, or just tame them a bit? Fortunately the reflection is restricted to the bottom 10% of the image recorded.
It probably won't remove the vent reflection completely, but it should diminish it quite a bit. If it doesn't bother you, then no harm, no foul.

Sorry for being so blasted slow to say thanks pal. I been running round like a headless chicken and succeeding almost as much. After a couple days in various light conditions I reckon a filter might be a good idea, even if the improvement is only slight. I do get a fairly decent amount of dash reflection in certain situations. Other than that this cam is better than I expected. Very pleased with it indeed.

Back