HELP? How to Hardwire - Thinkware f750 front and rear??

A few pictures from what I can get. I've left things unplugged after finding out it didn't work...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    402.1 KB · Views: 19
35 lights up no fuse in. Just power.
My trim fiesta doesn't have keyless entry which is number 35...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    350.3 KB · Views: 14
My ground...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    379.7 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    462.5 KB · Views: 17
Potential ground. Silver bolt. Attatched to bare car chassis. The torch is pointing up towards where the potential ground is.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    437.8 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    429 KB · Views: 13
A part of the Fuse box specification chart.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    427.5 KB · Views: 9
I just noticed that my comment was wrong, it should have been "The base should be connected to ground (battery negative terminal) and the inside should be switched 12V. The shorter metal sleeve on the outside is the 12V permanent."

You have me worried. You stated "The Hardwire kit.... One black (ground) one yellow (labelled battery) one red (labelled acc)." Although I'm now questioning my memory I'm sure that mine was red for BATTERY and yellow for ACC. Let me look at your photos and I'm comment again later.

Your ground looks good. Based on the fuse descriptions I would expect 35 to be permanent power and 36 to be switched power. I'm not sure about 43 but likely switched.
Do you get power out of the cigar lighter socket when the car is off? If so 30 will be permanent power.

You really need to be measuring for power at the plug which goes into the dashcam power socket. Unless you can be certain that there's nothing wrong with either the hardwire kit or your connections, swapping which wire goes to which fuse is not going to be definite.

The red and yellow are definaltely as I stated on my kit mate. Ill try wiring my Acc to 36 when I get the chance or when I get back home Monday evening.
RE: my 12v input cig socket it turns off after 30minutes of ignition off...

All sorted by my local garage! Will go into that later. But I could do with an answer from you knowledgable lot!
My thinkware f750 when in parking mode keeps saying "system shutting down due to low battery"... its said this a fair few times since having wired yesterday... why? I have the cut off voltage set at the maxiumum 12.3v... any help would be massivley appreciated, at the moment this is making parking mode pointless!
Thanks in advance! Cookey!

Hi Cookey, based on what you have written the F750 is indeed detecting that the power supply is at 12.3V or below for a few minutes because this is the criteria for it to voice that message and shut down. Mine is set to 12.1V and even then it will shut down when I am vacuuming the car as doors are open and courtesy lights are on and this will cause the voltage to drop to that level. Every car is different and if yours has stop/start technology then you'll find that the battery is in a permanent state of partial discharge, so anything between 12V and 12.5V is perfectly normal. What you need to do is what the rest of us have done is set that threshold in the F750 to the lowest that you feel happy with and the car will start. Quite possibly this will be less than 12V but I and other dashcam owners I have discussed this with all agree that we don't feel confident with less than 12V and are not willing to find out what setting the car won't start at, for obvious reasons. So as I stated mine is set to 12.1V and this tends to give me somewhere between 6 hours and 18 hours of parking mode depending on the state of the battery when I park. As you may have seen there is also a timer and the maximum this can be set to (and I think is the default) is 48 hours, so there's no point trying to set a threshold voltage which will allow the parking mode to be longer than that.

As Dippy said you need to set the low battery cut off to a level your happy with. I have mine set at 11.9v anything less and the car will start but I get a low battery warning on the display.

You can get battery back ups like the Cellink B but I haven't been able to find a UK seller.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been looking recently for a UK or EU supplier also but no luck. I've decided that I don't need the cameras on overnight so I've set my Multi Safer to 6 hours and 12.2V and this has stopped the battery drain warning coming up which the dealer will probably become aware of. But I only need 2 hours to be honest so I'm getting the Vico and although it only outputs 2A I reckon I'll be fine as the PMP worked ok with two cams. Besides the majority of the time my car is parked at work so they won't be running very much.

Anyway I'm wondering how long the Cellink batteries will last with all the usage and recharging?

Hi Cookey, based on what you have written the F750 is indeed detecting that the power supply is at 12.3V or below for a few minutes because this is the criteria for it to voice that message and shut down. Mine is set to 12.1V and even then it will shut down when I am vacuuming the car as doors are open and courtesy lights are on and this will cause the voltage to drop to that level. Every car is different and if yours has stop/start technology then you'll find that the battery is in a permanent state of partial discharge, so anything between 12V and 12.5V is perfectly normal. What you need to do is what the rest of us have done is set that threshold in the F750 to the lowest that you feel happy with and the car will start. Quite possibly this will be less than 12V but I and other dashcam owners I have discussed this with all agree that we don't feel confident with less than 12V and are not willing to find out what setting the car won't start at, for obvious reasons. So as I stated mine is set to 12.1V and this tends to give me somewhere between 6 hours and 18 hours of parking mode depending on the state of the battery when I park. As you may have seen there is also a timer and the maximum this can be set to (and I think is the default) is 48 hours, so there's no point trying to set a threshold voltage which will allow the parking mode to be longer than that.

Ah right ok! Thanks for clearing that up mate! Spot on! I wonder if it will be on in the morning?! Time will tell.... Mine does have stop/start technology, but why would this cause discharge while car is off and left parked? I've set mine to 12v now... Fingers crossed for the morning! I've set the timer to 24hours. Will report back with my findings of tomorrow morning as soon as I have the time etc...

As Dippy said you need to set the low battery cut off to a level your happy with. I have mine set at 11.9v anything less and the car will start but I get a low battery warning on the display.

You can get battery back ups like the Cellink B but I haven't been able to find a UK seller.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Out of curiosity if you don't mind? What car you got?

I was disappointed that my F750 couldn't last even the maximum 48 hours. I did some research into automotive start/stop and energy recuperation systems. I didn't find much but came to the conclusion that the batteries for such systems are designed to be able to handle deep discharge and fast recharge (from the braking recuperation) and this is why we see the voltage drop relatively quickly even with just the few watts of power that a dashcam needs.

I don't fancy anything like a Cellink B because of the fire risk. The temperature inside the car can get high on a sunny day and of course if it were located the other side of the bulkhead then there is heat from the engine. The only think I might do is when my car battery dies, see if there is a higher capacity version available. However that should be a few years away yet...

I can imagine your disappointment mate.
I've set mine for 24hours, I won't leave my car for 24hours to be honest if/when I do, I'll change it.
I can't see myself getting a Cellink either.
RE: s/s tech, I wonder how far the voltage drops when the vehicle is switched off and parked - without a DashCam on and in.

After having my Thinkware in for a few days now, must say I'm loving it by the way.
It has come to my attention that there is "insufficient space in the event folder"...

My event folder is full of parking mode events... Where I am getting in and out of the car or shutting the boot etc... No incident (touch wood)...
A couple of questions/comments.. Relating to the aforementioned and in general.
1) I understand you can set the sensitivity of the Parking mode events I have mine set to medium.
2) If the parking mode event folder is full... If I had to have an incident in Continious mode, would it save that clip. Or would there still be insufficient space?
3) There is a power button on the camera itself, I ejected the memory card earlier, and "system shutting down" powered back up. "memory card errorx5/6?
Is there a way to turn the cam off so this message does repeat itself if you get me? It did turn itself after repeating itself 5/6times.
Thanks in advance. Cookey.

If you run out of space then you can try changing the storage mode (I have mine set to the third type which has maximum storage for parking) and/or get a bigger SD card. However yes the dashcam does reserve secure space on the card for incidents.

There are a few threads on here about SD card errors. Some are fixed by changing the card and at least one has been a problem with the dashcam itself. I suggest you get this resolved soon so that you can exchange the unit if necessary. I have found that the F750 is a good unit and people have remarked that it has a good build quality. However I feel that Thinkware have production quality problems because there have been too many cases of people having to return theirs. Indeed mine has a faulty LED in the light bar at the front. I didn't bother returning it because I preferred to disable the light (I don't want to attract attention to my car and I don't want the LEDs causing more drain on my battery).

Back