Hey I'm new here and need a new dash cam...

DJFroggy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys,

How's everyone doing? I'm new here but definitely not new to mobile electronics. I'm a part time Lyft driver and was using the Nexar Pro. Well that thing finally broke and I want a better replacement. The video quality seems to be nicer on the T130 than it is on the A139. What do you guys think I should get?? Thank you!!!

Eric

@Vortex Radar hey brother, thanks for showing me the path to my new addiction

Last edited:
Welcome :)

The A139 is the better quality camera between those two, but the differences are mainly quite small, and the electronics are largely the same. If you are comparing videos then you need to look at original video files to see the differences, not compare Youtube videos where a lot of the image quality has been lost, and it is quite likely that an edited version of A139 video is worse quality than a better edited T130 video. There are a few things where the A139 is a lot better, such as the voice quality, it actually has an external microphone input so you can position a microphone away from the windscreen for much better cabin sound quality, the mount is a lot more stable, the rear camera cable is much thinner, thus easier to install.

Of course the T130 does have a few advantages over the A139, such as the easily adjustable cabin camera.

Welcome :)

The A139 is the better quality camera between those two, but the differences are mainly quite small, and the electronics are largely the same. If you are comparing videos then you need to look at original video files to see the differences, not compare Youtube videos where a lot of the image quality has been lost, and it is quite likely that an edited version of A139 video is worse quality than a better edited T130 video. There are a few things where the A139 is a lot better, such as the voice quality, it actually has an external microphone input so you can position a microphone away from the windscreen for much better cabin sound quality, the mount is a lot more stable, the rear camera cable is much thinner, thus easier to install.

Of course the T130 does have a few advantages over the A139, such as the easily adjustable cabin camera.
Yea that adjustable cabin camera is what I love. Great for when getting pulled over or dealing with something outside your car.

Yea that adjustable cabin camera is what I love. Great for when getting pulled over or dealing with something outside your car.
In that case, don't worry about the image quality, the differences are minor, same image sensor, same processor, main difference is in the lens, but that is a bit variable anyway since the lenses are not digital!

In that case, don't worry about the image quality, the differences are minor, same image sensor, same processor, main difference is in the lens, but that is a bit variable anyway since the lenses are not digital!
Perfect! That's what I wanted to learn. Thank you!!!

Back