New guy here, wants to buy used DR900S, opinions please

amauri

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,
I've been reading several threads here and learning all I can so I can make a decision, thanks to all of you who post very helpful info.
My name is Amauri, I'm retired and looking for my first DC to install on a PU truck that we use for towing our camping trailer.
I like the Blackvue models and have downloaded instruction manuals to familiarize myself with how they work.

My question is related to buying a used DR900S-1CH I've found some locally that I can purchase for an affordable price.
I realize there are other brands that I can buy brand new for the same price.
I don't need cloud or parking mode features, and the main reason I like the Blackvue is because of its size/profile.

Am I tanking too big a risk buying used?

Thanks

The DR900S-1CH is an older model, BlackVue has moved on to the DR900X-1CH Plus now. While there have been large updates, they are still functionally the same, my only concern would be that this is used and likely a good few year's old. These 4k units can run rather hot, leading to the potential of some internal issues over time, leading to the X Plus models now having extra ventilation.
Other than that, yeah it's a great unit.

Thanks for the advice.

I went ahead and got the used one, 1/3 the price of a new one. It's working perfectly for now.
I'll use this one to get a better idea of what I want to do with a DC and maybe in a year or two I can upgrade to the latest.

Sounds like a plan!

Back