Heya! Looking for a 2 channel dashcam that can also be hooked up to my Kenwood Headunit video RCA.

Acula

Reaction score
Country
United States
I want a front and back cam, and I'd like to be able to hook up one or both to my extra camera RCAs on my Kenwood DDX9906XR.

I haven't seen much helpful information in my initial search so I'm asking people who know.

Cost isn't particularly a concern. I do prefer not to have a screen on the unit if possible.

Welcome to the forum Acula.

Many dashcans do have a AV out option, often in the form of a mini jack, but it is not all of them that bother with this.
Hard to Zero any particular model out, i think all the SG cameras i have tested have the AV option, and i think it is pretty much the same with Viofo cameras, i have just looked and my A130 have it at least.

Be advised it could potentially be illegal to have a video going the driver of the car can see, that is the case here in Denmark, and i would assume some states also lean in that direction.
Very few i know off use the AV out feature of dashcams

In a alteration with a emotional #2 part, if the person got aware of a camera it might escalate the situation, so personally i have always opted for maximum stealth.

Back