Hi - new Mini 0805 owner and new to dashcams

Zenit

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mini 0805
Hi everyone,

I am new to dashcams and the Mini 0805 is my first. Got it for $66 from GearBest, shiped out of the US. I thought this was a pretty good price. There is no branding on the unit itself, the box states "A7 Dash Cam". My first impressions are positive, build quality appears to be good and the form factor fits perfectly behind the rear view mirror of my 07 Accord.

The 0805 came loaded with a firmware dated May 2015 - I will get the exact version number later, its mounted in the car. It seems like this firmware works well as the camera behaved as expected on a decently long drive (1hr). It seems to like my 32gb Class 10 AData card. It also seemed to lock onto GPS right away.

When setting up the camera I could not find the Wide Dynamic Range setting in the options. I am assuming it is hard coded on in the newer firmware, or I am just blind.

The lane departure feature interests me but the setup is baffling. Is it really a totally useless function like reported?

I will be reviewing the video footage later tonight, hopefully the lens is properly focused.
Once I am sure it works it will be time to hide the cabling behind the passenger A pilliar.

Welcome to DCT Zenit
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I went ahead and uploaded two samples from today. I think the lens may be slightly out of focus, but it may just be a byproduct of low light filming. 1080p 30fps + S. Fine.

Dusk:

Night:

I think the lens needs to be adjusted. Anyone have any feedback? Video seems to not be too sharp.

The firmware on my Mini 0805 is 20150615 v1.0, if anyone was curious. Seems like a fairly recent ROM.

The firmware on my Mini 0805 is 20150615 v1.0, if anyone was curious. Seems like a fairly recent ROM.
I got mine from GearBest as well. Received it yesterday and I've yet to test camera because I don't have a microSD card.
The firmware on my camera is 20150821 V1.0 and if everything works good for me, I'll try to extract it out for you.

Back