High image quality and parking mode w/wifi

lalib

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone, just leased a new car and was looking initially interested in a 2ch setup for front and rear, but image quality seems to be mediocre at best even when spending $400+ on cams such as the DR650GW-2CH with only 720p in the rear and sub 10 bitrate.

Am I better off buying two separate 1ch systems? I am also running into the issue that it seems any dashcam with a buffered parking mode has very low bitrates. Are there any dashcams that will run at a high resolution and highbitrate 1080P+/10mbit+ , but use more sensible settings in parking mode (buffered motion detection)

I also feel like I am not fully appreciating dashcam sensors as they seem subpar such as 2.4 megapixel DR650GW-2CH and the highest I've seen is only 4 megapixel?

Most important to me are video quality and parking mode, but they seem to be opposed. I'd also like wifi so that I can easily transfer/view videos on my phone. The Mini 0805 was listed under both best day and best night, but lacks wifi or parking mode. The newer Mini 0903 looks nice with the sony sensor for night time as well as wifi, but is only a non-buffered park mode.

Another option I was thinking about was simply getting two sets of the Blacksys cf-100 + voltage protector for about $200 and forgoing options like wifi for all around coverage.

VicoVation Opia2 has buffered parking mode and the A12 chipset. Single channel and no wifi though.

Thinkware F750/770 runs at 10 Mbps front 8 Mbps rear and offers the pre-buffered parking mode by motion detection.

Thanks for the suggestions. If I were to buy two separate 1ch cameras and hardwire them, do I need to buy two separate hardwire kits? Or are there hardwire kits that accept multiple dash cams?

Thanks for the suggestions. If I were to buy two separate 1ch cameras and hardwire them, do I need to buy two separate hardwire kits? Or are there hardwire kits that accept multiple dash cams?

Depends on the dashcam and whether it can switch into parking mode using a cigarette lighter
If you get something like a multi safer, you can use a splitter (1 cigarette socket into 2) to power two separate 1-ch dashcams

Back