High pitch noise in recorded video

Jason Lim

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Dash Cam
A118 & A118C
Does anyone has the same issue as mine? As all my recorded videos has a very high pitch noise in the background, as you may check the attached media below.

Does anyone has the same issue as mine? As all my recorded videos has a very high pitch noise in the background, as you may check the attached media below.
Thats not normal.
Try in other car.

agreed, not normal. check my youtube channel (link in signature) for a bunch of A118 videos - none of them have that noise.

try recording without the power adapter, or try a different adapter. if it does it without the adapter, then it's a bad camera. you can try a different SD card too but i doubt that wil make a difference.

agreed, not normal. check my youtube channel (link in signature) for a bunch of A118 videos - none of them have that noise.

try recording without the power adapter, or try a different adapter. if it does it without the adapter, then it's a bad camera. you can try a different SD card too but i doubt that wil make a difference.
You seem to have a whining sound (not as high though) at night in this video:

Was that from the camera?

Edit: Actually seems to be on most of the videos, maybe it's my headphones.

that bit of background noise is normal, that first sample is a hardware fault though

the new versions no longer have this background noise

Thanks everyone.
FYI, I am running on firmware version A118.20141204 and the noise appears randomly after the firmware update.
Any solutions? @billknow

Back