High Pitch Sound

georgeous

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just installed the camera today and managed to have a good test run during the day with it. I've watched the recorded video on my computer and although the video/audio has recorded perfectly, there is a faint high pitched sound that stays constant throughout the video.

At watching the video on normal volume you are able to hear it, increasing the volume even more and you can definitely hear it.

I'm not too sure whether it's coz I am using the provided car lighter cable to plug it in - as I've heard that it can cause interference. However, that's more to do with interfering with the car radio but I have no problem with that, my car radio's reception is still fine.

When I initially received the camera, I did power it up using a USB cable to my house mains and I did notice the same high pitch sound.

Does anybody know what this is? As I've watched some sample videos on Youtube and I don't hear any of the high pitch sound that I've described - just the usual car sounds and passenger conversations.

normal behavious on the copy version, the sound you hear is from the memory card

How is this possible? I've purchased it from Amazon UK from seller Auto.Vox

You are saying this is a fake? The packaging has Auto Vox branding all over it.....

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    117.6 KB · Views: 17
How is this possible? I've purchased it from Amazon UK from seller Auto.Vox

You are saying this is a fake? The packaging has Auto Vox branding all over it.....

Picture of the box.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    281.4 KB · Views: 25
Auto-Vox is just their brand, they used to buy it from Viofo, they changed to a cheaper supplier

I'm not saying it's a fake Auto-Vox, it's just not the same product they used to sell under their brand

Auto-Vox is just their brand, they used to buy it from Viofo, they changed to a cheaper supplier

I'm not saying it's a fake Auto-Vox, it's just not the same product they used to sell under their brand

But still... It's the inferior product version then?

Do you think I should complain about the noise to them directly
Via Amazon and get it replaced? (Though may get the same version again).

Where would I be able to get the originally version from the UK?

can't sort those reviews to even look but maybe the type of thing that doesn't bother some people

can't sort those reviews to even look but maybe the type of thing that doesn't bother some people

Okay, I just messaged the seller directly on Amazon and I've got a response pretty much instantly.

Advised me to reset the cam and format the memory card.

If that doesn't work - told me to update the firmware - they've provided a one drive link to download a .bin update file.

It's the middle of the night here in the UK - so I'm going to have to do this in the morning and see if this resolves the problem.

Ok. Do you know how to update the firmware? Do you think this will fix it?

This is their response:

Hello sir,
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Pls try to reset the item and format the memory card,then see if the problem is still exist.
If the problem could not be solved,pls try to update the firmware,

Pls check the below link:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnZOtXOHItu3alEiQOkwYPk131w

Download the software from the link and follow the below steps to update the DVR.
1. Use the DVR to format the sd card,
2. Unplug the card and use the card reader to connect with your computer.
3. Download the .bin file. on your computer.
4. Copy the .bin file to the sd card.
5. Take off the sd card from card reader and insert it to the DVR.
6. supply power to the DVR, pls note that the power cannot be disconnected when updating.
7. The DVR will auto turn on and the red indicator light lights on, then became quick flashing.
8. About 1 mins, the indicator light will not flash, you unplug the card from the DVR and format the card on your computer.
9. After formating, insert the card into the DVR again, supply power.
This time, the DVR is updated.

Hope it will be successfully updated and works well.

Any question, pls do not hesitate to contact us.
Best Regards
Cheum

Ok. Do you know how to update the firmware? Do you think this will fix it?

it won't fix it, they could possibly make it less noticeable by reducing the recording level, that will make everything quieter, it won't actually fix the problem though as it is a result of the physical microphone placement

Returning the Auto-Vox,

keeping the cig lighter cable though, as it's all hidden in my trim and A-pillar - not going to pull those apart anymore. Gonna return with some generic charger I already possess.

Buying the Spytec A118 directly from them on Amazon - so should be a like for like swap in terms of powering with the lighter cable and also the window mount.

Problem all solved.

Purchase from Spytec and the camera does not have the high pitch sound fault. Buy from genuine original brand.... lesson learnt

Returning the Auto-Vox,

keeping the cig lighter cable though, as it's all hidden in my trim and A-pillar - not going to pull those apart anymore. Gonna return with some generic charger I already possess.

Buying the Spytec A118 directly from them on Amazon - so should be a like for like swap in terms of powering with the lighter cable and also the window mount.
THATS FRAUD! Don't you want to sleep at night lol

Back