Honda getting pulled over

dashcamnh

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is one of many reasons why I need to get a rear dash cam. This Honda came out of nowhere from the rear on the left while my radar detector (RX65 w/ S7 horn) was alerting almost a mile ahead & Waze too had number of police report. I was estimating the Honda going around 85-90 and saw the front end nose dive trying to slow down. State Police whipped out of the median so fast behind me I thought he was going to power drift lol.

Classic example of how not to speed...no countermeasure, driving recklessly and alone.

Last edited:
Cheater! You have a radar and the Honda doesn't. ;)

I wouldn't call speeding "reckless". We all speed.

Since its a international forum I can say speeding in Denmark is very costly. So in year 2000, I was measure to drive 51km in 50km zone and it cost me around $85.
Well I broke the law and pay.
I saw on youtube a old lady driving with fog light turn on, on a sunny day. = wrong light setting $150. (Also in Denmark)

I will not declare my though about this, since it most likely will break the forums rule.

Last edited:
Since its a international forum I can say speeding in Denmark is very costly. So in year 2000, I was measure to drive 51km in 50km zone and it cost me around $85.
I saw on youtube a old lady driving with fog light turn on, on a sunny day. = wrong light setting $150. (Also in Denmark)

I will not declare my though about this, since it most likely will break the forums rule.
that's pretty harsh to get ticketed for 1kmh over.
I've passed state troopers over 5mph (8kmh) many times and they don't care unless they are in bad mood.

speeding in Denmark
What about having a radar detector (or a GPS with radar locations) ? Here, they can even seize your car ...if they find you.

What about having a radar detector (or a GPS with radar locations) ? Here, they can even seize your car ...if they find you.

Radar detector is illegal. I think there only use mobil photo car in Denmark.
51995_632_0_0_3_493_277.jpg

Camera car WRX?

In California, they will not do that unless you were in a school zone or some other special zone like construction. Otherwise, you get about a 5mph unwritten leeway. Also here, if you go the speed limit at 65mph, cars will try to run you off the road. You go the speeds the other cars are going :) I have a radar system in my car and Waze for the mobile phone is another handy tool I use. The police can't stop people from outing their location in Waze, at least not yet.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/23/opinions/clarke-thompson-google-waze-danger/index.html
The police have been trying to say that Waze is endangering the lives of the police since people can pin point them on the map :D My BS meter was off the charts while watching that news clip. The police was also trying to use the "please think about the children angle." Kidnappers could avoid the police with the app. Good thing Waze has not taken their complaints seriously.

I wouldn't call speeding "reckless". We all speed.

Oh this car was flying. It's 65 PSL and we were doing 70 on the right and this Honda came up from behind so fast I thought it was doing 90+ if not a 100. State Police is pretty lenient as far as speeding, they don't care up until you hit 12~13mph over the PSL.

Yes we do all speed; guess depends on how you do it ;)

Camera car WRX?

Yes sir :)

Also here, if you go the speed limit at 65mph, cars will try to run you off the road
My BS meter is off the charts on that statement.

The other stuff I'll agree with.
5mph is perfectly acceptable in most cases.
Oregon/California for example trucks are limited to 55. You can drive 60 all day long and not get bothered..If you wanna push your luck a bit prolly won't get pulled over at 62 either.

Guess what gets me in California.
It's 55 for anybody towing trailers, but it is not enforced. I see Cars/RVs pulling trailer at or above the regular speed limit all the time.

Also here, if you go the speed limit at 65mph, cars will try to run you off the road.
People don't expect big trucks to speed so you may not notice it as much. But every major city (and heck, even small towns) if you don't do AT LEAST a few MPH over the speed limit, you will be tailgated, sometimes very aggressively. especially if you're in the fast lane. when i'm driving a toyota camry and i can't see the headlights on a chevy silverado truck in my rearview mirror because he's tailgating THAT close, to me, that qualifies as trying to run you off the road. especially if i'm already doing 80 mph in the RIGHT lane!

The other stuff I'll agree with.
5mph is perfectly acceptable in most cases.
Oregon/California for example trucks are limited to 55. You can drive 60 all day long and not get bothered..If you wanna push your luck a bit prolly won't get pulled over at 62 either.

Guess what gets me in California.
It's 55 for anybody towing trailers, but it is not enforced. I see Cars/RVs pulling trailer at or above the regular speed limit all the time.

Not BS at all.
Lived over 10 years in Dallas area that I consider the worst place for road rage.
Whether it's 183, 360, I30, I20, 635, I75 and other streets, tailgating is a norm there.
I always drove/drive ~5mph over the limit on highways and I still always had tailgaters.
If I stay on left lane, it's scary how people come behind you, almost ramming into you and on the right lane, it's tailgating but not as much as ramming into.

In Denver, it's not as bad as Dallas but I still encounter few hot heads with pickups that want to touch my bumper even when I'm going over speed limit by quite a bit.

May be you live in a quiet countryside where people have enough time to give others some slack.

I drove in Dallas once and wow people drive FAST there. No wonder the speed traps are rampant down that way (I believe Dallas area is #1 in the country for speed traps). It was about as crazy as driving around NYC.

Where I live though people give each other 3-4 car lengths space during non-rush hour. It's actually nice.

Just because I average 11,000 miles a month in a Semi Truck doesn't mean I don't drive a car.
Or haven't driven a Car in high traffic areas.
People tailgate trucks as well, but for different reasons.

I have never been rear ended in a Car or Truck, and my Fast/Furious Days are over.
I mostly keep it to 5 above, (in my Car) and if someone doesn't like it there are other lanes to choose from. (assuming multi lane Highway/Interstate)
The getting ran over bit is just an excuse.
Just think, we need better/stricter enforcement in most places.
I liked the Speed Cameras in Phoenix Area, but of course that got shot down, not long after they were put up.

My friend tried the same last year, was 6 km/h over and then they have to take off 5 km/h meaning he allso got a fine for + 1 km/h
We allso have unmarked cars that mesure speed by keeping up with the offender, and the handheld laser guns ( use to be radar guns )
And the rare but i think still used helicopter mesurments between T like markings on the roads, this may only be used over here in the Dark Jutland.

I hope the new speed vans will be a faliure and that all Danes use a location app on ther phones to avoid them, then they can join all the other things we have misused money on here.

I allso think they will put up the stationary red light cameras again, but they really should make them mobile cuz then they could make a fortune on all the ppl who run red light.

Back