How long did shipping take?

seagull21

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey guys - just curious on average how long your G1W took in the mail? I'm in Canada, ordered from eBay estore009, and it was marked shipped a month ago today. The 'Swiss Post' tracking isn't very helpful.

My G1W shipped October 6th and was delivered to me around the Oct 20th. Sorry yours is taking a little longer hope you get it soon it is a great device for the price.

Mine was Marked Shipped on Nov 9 and arrived Nov 18th.

I purchased mine on the 4th and it arrived on the 8th. Turn around to Australia is so quick compared to the US. good thing about being a small country.

Ordered from estore009 as well 11/5 and it arrived 11/18. Would have been 11/16 but I was having it delivered to work so no Saturday drop off.

Also, the seller was quick to contact me with a couple of questions I had after the order.

Huh, seems like most of your waited half the time I did. May have to file a claim by the end of the week. Feels like I've been waiting forever.

I purchased mine on the 4th and it arrived on the 8th. Turn around to Australia is so quick compared to the US. good thing about being a small country.
Not to mention that it's over 3,000 miles nearer as the crow flies from China to AUS than the USA ;)

I have been waiting since October 10Th.

That being said, I have had several orders coming out of china that have been delayed. The delays is due to the battery. And this is beyond the sellers control.

Hope this gives you some insight.

The delays is due to the battery. And this is beyond the sellers control. Hope this gives you some insight.

Interesting, that it might be the battery. I had an order from China blocked along the way, according to the tracking the package got to Beijing Aiport. Then the tracking messages get confusing in the translation to English, but at some point the package was unsealed (opened?) and inspected then rejected. After about 6 weeks the parcel arrived back at the seller. So no fault of the seller, they did their part in shipping quickly. I don't know if the package got as far as Canada and got returned from here or got rejected at Bejing Airport. My seller will inspect the camera then try re-sending.

If the seller shipped quickly then they fulfilled their duty and shipping and importation inspection is out of their control. So as Robyst suggests, go easy on the seller.

What is the experience of other Canadians receiving dash cams from China? Assuming most dashcams contain batteries.

I ordered mine on de28 Oct. and seler ship on 29 Oct. (very expeditive seler), but stell waiting delivery :oops: (sweden post)

If the seller shipped quickly then they fulfilled their duty and shipping and importation inspection is out of their control. So as Robyst suggests, go easy on the seller.

In my opinion the best thing you can do as a purchaser is inform the seller you have yet to receive your item. The seller will usually apologizes, and either ask you to continue waiting or offer you a refund. The refund is normally on the condition that if and when your purchase arrives, you will repay or return.
Personally I typical ask for a refund. But in this case, because I really want this dash Camera specifically from estore009 I have decided to wait.

Interesting, that it might be the battery. I had an order from China blocked along the way, according to the tracking the package got to Beijing Aiport. Then the tracking messages get confusing in the translation to English, but at some point the package was unsealed (opened?) and inspected then rejected. After about 6 weeks the parcel arrived back at the seller. So no fault of the seller, they did their part in shipping quickly. I don't know if the package got as far as Canada and got returned from here or got rejected at Bejing Airport. My seller will inspect the camera then try re-sending.

I am also curious where the packages get refused from. Normally when I get this issue, the seller simply apologizes stating battery customs issues and refunds the purchase back to me.

I have been in contract with Vicky from estore009, and she only confirmed that this was the issue with my order and gave me the tacking info which shows very little useful information (Swiss post)

Tue 12.11.2013 16:27, Departure from border point of origin country, Swiss Post SINGAPORE
Tue 12.11.2013 16:27, Arrival at border point of origin country, Swiss Post SINGAPORE
Tue 12.11.2013 16:27, Mailed, Swiss Post SINGAPORE
Tue 22.10.2013 18:01, Departure from border point of origin country, Swiss Post SINGAPORE
Tue 22.10.2013 18:01, Arrival at border point of origin country, Swiss Post SINGAPORE
Tue 22.10.2013 18:01, Mailed, Swiss Post SINGAPORE

It appears to me that it has been rejected once and resent again.

Last edited:
Rob, Field:

I'm having the same problem. Just contacted the seller now. I'm in Canada and I'm not sure if the package got refused, or what the tracking information means. The delivery window was very large, but it's been over a month. Not sure if it's a battery issue or what, but there has been no communication until today when I initiated it.

Date Time Event Processed by Notes
Tue 22.10.2013 18:01 Mailed Swiss Post SINGAPORE
Tue 22.10.2013 18:01 Arrival at border point of origin country Swiss Post SINGAPORE
Tue 22.10.2013 18:01 Departure from border point of origin country Swiss Post SINGAPORE
Tue 12.11.2013 16:25 Mailed Swiss Post SINGAPORE
Tue 12.11.2013 16:25 Arrival at border point of origin country Swiss Post SINGAPORE
Tue 12.11.2013 16:25 Departure from border point of origin country Swiss Post SINGAPORE

I ordered mine on Oct. 27 with an estimated delivery of Nov 13 - Nov 28th, and the 28th is almost here....

The battery 'issue' (excuse?) has been around for long enough that the vendors should know that it exists and either take steps to get clearance permissions cleared up ahead of time or simply stop shipping via the method that's causing the problems.

Is this happening only for Canadian customers?

I guess I should check with estore today...

J

The battery 'issue' (excuse?) has been around for long enough that the vendors should know that it exists and either take steps to get clearance permissions cleared up ahead of time or simply stop shipping via the method that's causing the problems.

it has been causing huge issues, I've sent stuff out and had it returned weeks later unannounced

it has been causing huge issues, I've sent stuff out and had it returned weeks later unannounced
Did some get out while some were returned?
Is there a pattern such as destination country or carrier for the returns?

It was posted on the eBay forum area a little bit ago, but i can not seem to find it anymore.
The way it was worded was that anything containing batteries would not be allowed to be shipped through Hong Kong Post. I just assumed that meant sellers were going to find other ways to ship devices.

:EDIT:
RC Mod Article but from 2010
I think the eBay posting was more recent. If i find it again i will edit my post.

:EDIT AGAIN:
Here is a more recent artical talking about the eBay warning.

......................... anything containing batteries would not be allowed to be shipped through Hong Kong Post....................

:EDIT AGAIN:
Here is a more recent artical talking about the eBay warning.

That's what I knew, that it was Hong Kong and these shipments are from Singapore and there's nothing about Singapore banning batteries.

So I hope Jokiin can shed some more light on his experiences.

J

Hah, Jokiin and I were posting at the exact same time, thanks Jokiin... J

But it seems strange that there are 3 of us here in Canada waiting much longer than the folks in the U.S. and Australia....

Last edited:
But it seems strange that there are 3 of us here in Canada waiting much longer than the folks in the U.S. and Australia....

Yes, I wonder if i'ts Canadian customs banning the batteries? The tracking information was ambiguous but it sort of read "PEK (or Beijing Airport), hand in sky" which I took to mean there was a hand off to a flight. Then there was long delay of weeks, then the package appeared back at PEK again. I suspect the package got to Canada to probably within 30 km of me, inspected, and put on a plane and returned to China. So close yet so far. The seller has been great and in constant communication.

It's definitely a Canadian thing if we're all having problems. Should it be the battery, I'd just prefer to have it taken out, because I only plan to run it on DC anyway.

Mine was shipped out, returned to China, and shipped again. Hopefully they did something different? I can't blame the seller, but it's a pain in the ass; especially finding this after waiting a month.

Back