How long did shipping take?

Canada Customers:
I don't think my estore order is ever going to show, so once I go into resolutions with ebay/paypal next week on the 43rd day, I'll probably buy one here.
I'm with you on that plan, unless Jokiin will be ready soon to ship his GT2S, then I might wait for them, I want two... :)

yeah it only comes with GPS, the GPS is built into the mount bracket, deleting it would cost near the same as we'd need to do a new PC board for it as the 12v/24v power supply is also in the bracket, would end up costing close to the the same to make one without GPS, doesn't make commercial sense
I know there's another thread but can I ask here... when will you be ready to ship?

we're still a while away from shipping retail product, we have a production run coming up in a few weeks but that will be product for field testing, we'll see if any adjustments are needed from there before we do a mass production run, first mass production will be 5,000 pieces so we want to make sure anything that needs to be addressed is done beforehand

Reactions: jwc
OK, I'll plan on ordering a G1W and wait for yours when they're ready. Then I'll give the X6 and G1W to friends.

Okay, I've ordered from Amazon. Estimated delivery to Toronto is Dec.2-10th. Will keep you guys updated. Another 2 weeks isn't much after waiting 40 days.

Hopefully estore is quick to refund.

EDIT: FedEx should be better than UPS for brokerage.

I've been in touch with the seller - seems like they know what they're doing.

"Thanks for your order, I will pack the product to you via FedEx soon.

Best Regards.
BAIKLOV"

Last edited:
I'm from Vancouver BC. I bought my G1W from estore009 on October 29 & I rec'd it today, November 21. So it took just over 3 weeks to get here. I thought that was really good for free shipping.

I'm from Vancouver BC. I bought my G1W from estore009 on October 29 & I rec'd it today, November 21. So it took just over 3 weeks to get here. I thought that was really good for free shipping.

3 weeks is indeed very good. I'm at 5 weeks, it's been shipped twice apparently, and that's why I've pulled the plug.

from estore009 mine took 4 days to australia with Toll express...that's superb free shipping.

If you still have the packaging would you tell us which carrier was used, e.g. Singapore Post, whatever.
I wonder if it was routed to Swiss Post or a different postal carrier because you're on the west coast of Canada.
I ordered Oct. 27 and it's not here yet.

from estore009 mine took 4 days to australia with Toll express...that's superb free shipping.
Is Toll express a carrier, like FedEx?
I'm a bit envious of your results, however the issue is getting the product to Canada.

For those of you using couriers to ship to Canada, when you get your packages can you post what charges you incurred for customs brokerage, customs fees if any, GST, etc. please? I've used UPS from the States and there were flat $20 fees for brokerage plus GST/VAT which most times are avoided using national postal systems.

Is Toll express a carrier, like FedEx?

"TOLL" or toll global express i guess is a carrier, estore009 probably use's different carrier's depending on the country there sending too.

Last edited by a moderator:

@ Teresa, so 23 days for you and this is (only) day #25 for me and it might actually arrive.

Vicky at eStore has sent an e-mail assuring me that I would receive the camera but she's offered to refund now (today?) and then they will trust me to pay them when the camera arrives. That's fair and so I accepted that plan. After all, I just want the camera and technically they had until Nov. 28 so I won't order from BAIKLOV using FedEx until after that date has passed, no need for two G1Ws when what I really want is two GT2Ss ;).

@ Jaso, thanks mate...

J

I received the refund just now, very prompt and professional = excellent customer service.

I also was told that they know Swiss Post is slow, possibly Teresa's was shipped by Singapore Post instead.

Vicky said that they offer to ship by FedEx for an additional $10USD and using FedEx, and that I'd likely incur HST (tax) and possible brokerage costs.

So I hope the camera arrives via Swiss Post soon, (I thought that the Swiss were supposed to be efficient... seems I was wrong :confused:).

J

Estore refunded me as well. Very good customer service for something that is mostly out of their hands. No offer to fedex though.

My FedEx package from Amazon has already left the FedEx facility in Shenzhen and is on route for next Friday. Will keep you updated if I get dinged by HST or brokerage.

Well it didn't arrive today.
I connected to www.swisspost.ch and sent an e-mail requesting that they explain the apparent double shipping, on Nov 2 & Nov 13 (see screenshot) and where my package might be. What bothers me is the "Hong Kong ---> Canada" part near the top.

More waiting, such a pain...

Attachments

• Swiss Post 01.png
    Swiss Post 01.png
    193.3 KB · Views: 10
2-3 weeks to germany
if the customs catches it, longer

Well it didn't arrive today.
I connected to www.swisspost.ch and sent an e-mail requesting that they explain the apparent double shipping, on Nov 2 & Nov 13 (see screenshot) and where my package might be. What bothers me is the "Hong Kong ---> Canada" part near the top. More waiting, such a pain...

I noticed the same thing, it's like a sci fi movie where the hero leaves a room, goes down endless corridors to end up in the same room again. My package has arrived and departed from the border of the originating country twice now.

In the meantime I have my paper and pencil on the dash and am drawing scenes as fast as I can. Imagine when I get a second piece of paper to do a dual cam setup.

More from Swiss Post (see screen shot)
OK, what's all this fuss about lithium batteries blocking shipments if these are Global Standard Rules?
1) The battery is inside the device (camera), so far so good.
2) We know that Watts = Volts x Amps.
The battery is 3.7V 300mAh. A bit of math shifts the decimal place to get Amps: 300mAh = 0.3Ah.
Thus the battery is 3.7V x .3Ah = 1.11Wh
The maximum limit is 100Wh, the camera is well within this limit.

So unless someone in the postal process is bad at math and didn't move the decimal point :confused: and therefore thinks that the battery is 111Wh and is (just) over the limit, then no one should be claiming that the battery is holding up shipments.

@ Jokiin: Did you know about these limits?

J

PS Just had another response from eStore009, they're still confident that I'll get the camera.
I also checked eBay (searched for simply "G1W" and see that there are sellers that ship from the U.S. using the eBay Global Shipping Program. You pay the seller for the camera and Pitney Bowes for the Priority International Shipping plus ALL Import costs which presumably includes HST plus a small fee.
See screen shot "03 buy....". The best total cost in CAD was ~$87.17.
I used the GSP when I bought a portable 13" TV to playback the DVR pics via HDMI, it arrived in a week, was delivered by Canada Post right to my door, there was no hold up or extra charges. And the tracking was excellent, I could see it move across the U.S. and into Canada.
(TV = $116.50USD + GSP = $52.00USD) * exchange rate brought total to $181.85CAD from my MasterCard. This was a much bigger box than what will be used for the cameras.

J

Attachments

• Swiss Post 02 lithium batteries.png
    Swiss Post 02 lithium batteries.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 03 buy $87.17CAD Global Shipping Program from CA in USA.png
    03 buy $87.17CAD Global Shipping Program from CA in USA.png
    305.3 KB · Views: 4
Back