How long did shipping take?

Surely the 'rejecting' party would (and should) provide the shipper with the reason for the 'rejection'.
It would also be helpful if that information was included in the Tracking log.

I tried to find a phone number for Canadian Customs so that I could ask about this, but I couldn't find one.:(

I bought a 13" portable TV which has a 12V auto power adapter and it had 2 batteries included for the remote control. However, they're standard alkaline, not lithium, and the shipper was in the U.S, not China.

J

I agree it could be a Canadian customs issue. The battery is the only tangible reason any seller has given me.
To be honest all my purchases originating in china have not delivered. This seems to have started with orders after September 15 th for my self. They have either been laser diodes and items containing battery's..

After reading how this seems to be only affecting Canadian buyers. I am wondering if it is our customs who are rejecting the items and more importantly why?!

I tried googling the issue and searching eBay forums. The only thing I could find was a thread from last fall/ winter. There were Canadian buyers with the same issue.

I read that ebay forum too - seems like 30 days+ is the norm on higher value items.

Any time I order a cheap cable, adapter, accessory, it's never a problem and arrives in a couple weeks.

Guess we have to wait it out. Has anybody from Canada received theirs?

EDIT: That being said; if it's held up in customs, I expect the $10 +item HST fee.

I had two previous purchases:
small things = $10 = 19 days via China Post, dropped in mailbox
mirror/monitor = $52 = 22 days via Singapore Post, had to visit post office to sign for it
Neither had HST or customs fee charges.

I had attempted to purchase an X6 = $84 on Sep. 7th but on Oct. 14th I received an e-mail from the vendor that Hong Kong Post had rejected the shipment due to batteries and that they would attempt to ship via Singapore Post or I could request a refund. I chose to have them ship but then on Oct. 22nd they replied that they didn't have one to ship and couldn't find one (presumably from other suppliers). They offered a different, more expensive alternative, but it didn't have the exact features that I wanted so I started looking at what else they had to offer over several days and finally decided that they didn't have anything and so they issued a refund on Oct. 25th. It took 48 days after placing the order to find out I wouldn't get anything. :(

I then found DashCamTalk :), the G1W was recommended, and it had everything I wanted.

The G1W from estore was ordered Oct. 27th, supposedly shipped Oct. 28th which is 'only' 24 days ago, so I still have some hope of receiving it.
If not, I'll cancel and order another for shipment to my daughter in the U.S. and pick it up when I'm down there for Christmas.

Canada Customs is now called Border Services, I'll try to get an answer about this.

J

The answer from Canada Post is:
There's a Global Regulation (all countries supposedly have agreed) on mail shipment of Lithium Batteries that all countries are supposed to follow. Currently this allows transportation by ground mail between two points within a country but disallows air mail, especially when crossing International borders.
Unless....
the shipper applies for and is granted permission with the postal service in their country to ship Potentially Hazardous Goods.

Carriers such as FedEx or UPS are not bound by the postal regulations.

So it may be that shipments from China to the U.S. are by carrier, not mail, even though they may go by air.

The Canada Post agent was able to use my tracking number to see that the package, shipped by Swiss Post, arrived in Switzerland and was shipped from there on Nov. 13th, but couldn't see the destination, which could be to Canada but is likely back to eStore in China.
(After thought: maybe the goods go by rail from China to Switzerland so there's no air mail yet and Swiss Air then realizes that the camera contains potentially hazardous goods and won't waste time and expense to ship to Canada because it won't be returned if they do, so they return the camera by rail (or truck) to China, even though they cross multiple International Borders...)

If it was shipped to Canada, via post, there's still the chance that Canada Post will reject it, and, may simply destroy it (or take it home as an early Xmas present) because, once in Canada, it's illegal to ship it back because it would have to cross an International border to do so. Catch22. :eek:

He also said that eStore may have applied for and been granted permission to ship by air mail to the U.S. due to the large customer base there but not to Canada due to a much smaller customer base here. (Apparently this process is a PITA and possibly costly).
BUT... if everything shipped by Swiss Post to Canada is being returned, they should realize that they need to find another solution, even if they (eStore) have to charge Canadians a shipping premium to ship by FedEx (etc.). After all, these returns represent actual out-of-pocket costs for the initial postage plus the lost sales $. And major frustration for customers like us.

At least now I know that I can ask Canada Post to check my tracking number, in about a week, to see where the G1W has ended up.

J

Last edited:
I just sent the following e-mail to eStore009, through eBay:

Dear estore009,

There are at least 3 other people in Canada that are having problems receiving their orders. Shipping by Swiss Post, package arrives in Switzerland and because there is a lithium battery, sends the package back to you.
Canada also has rules that prevent import by mail containing a lithium battery and would not return the package to you because it would violate one of the rules.
You need to ship to Canada by a different carrier, perhaps FedEx or a similar, non-postal carrier to whom the rules do not apply. Or you need to apply to your post office to get an exemption for the DVR cameras being shipped to Canada.
Canada Post was able to tell me that the last Tracking entry was Nov. 13 in Switzerland, but not the destination. I suspect that the package is being returned to you. This means that I and the others that ordered this camera for shipment to Canada will never receive it and we will ask for a refund. This is bad for us and bad for you.
Please reply with your plan,

JWC

After searching for "g1w dash cam" on Amazon.com I found the following from a vendor, BAIKLOV, shipping to the U.S. not Canada:
ASIN B00G8VQXNI

Usually we send your order within 1-2 days.Ship from china via Safe ePack Registered Airmail with tracking number, it takes 7~12works days!
The estimated shipping time seems to agree with the experience of our U.S. members.

Their price is also $52USD, with free shipping.

This G1W is labeled "BlueSkySea" (which sounds like a Chinese name translated to English). I'm not sure if that's the Manufacturer's name, perhaps Jokiin will recognize it and comment on whether it's the "real thing" or a cheap knockoff.

J

Thanks JWC for chasing down the details. That also explains on the reshipment of my dashcam from China that it's going by way of Singapore via Swiss Post, initially I thought that was a mis-translation on the tracking site. Will see how far it gets this time.

But it went Swiss Post both times.... and it starts in Singapore and goes to Switzerland on it's way to Canada, so it may not make it the second time either.

I've found a vendor "www.BangGood.com", based in China, which offers free registered air mail or optionally UPS, and with UPS the camera should arrive since UPS doesn't have the same rules about lithium batteries. The only question is: what firmware does their stock have? And after reading their forums, there are a lot of people having problems, so maybe not a good vendor...

J

Last edited:
I just sent an e-mail to BangGood, as follows:

Dear BangGood,

re your SKU: SKU096988

Can you tell me what firmware the camera has?
Can you tell me which colour is available? (black/red/blue)

What will be the extra cost to ship to Canada by UPS (United Parcel Service)?
The camera cannot be shipped by mail because Canada Post will not carry it and will actually discard it without returning it to you because the camera contains a lithium battery.

Thank you,

JWC

Their cost is $60.69CAD plus the UPS charge, which isn't much more than the eStore price, and this at least has a chance of getting to me here in Canada.

J

For some reason Chinese companies like to use multiple names. Here is my understanding of these groups.

estore009 and hopezone001 are the eBay selling names but they are part of a Chinese company called Coshine Group (many of the eBay listings from estore009 indicate this).

Now when you go to Coshine Group and click on the Alibaba link (blueskysea.en.alibaba.com) or the Made-in-China link on the left column, Coshine group calls themselves Shenzhen Blueskyocean Technology Co., Ltd. or Shenzhen Sky Blue Ocean Technology Co., Ltd.

On Amazon, they use the name Blueskysea and BAIKLOV (maybe?)

So in total there appears to be at least 7 names for this company:
  1. estore009 on eBay
  2. hopezone001 on eBay
  3. Coshine Group
  4. Shenzhen Blueskyocean Technology Co., Ltd on Alibaba
  5. Shenzhen Sky Blue Ocean Technology Co., Ltd. on Made-in-China
  6. Blueskysea on Amazon
  7. BAIKLOV on Amazon?
Not sure why they use all these different names but all indications are that it is one company, "Coshine Group".

Assuming then that they are all as reputable as estore, the only differences are prices.
I don't have time tonight to check if any of them offer the Ship by UPS option for Expedited Shipping, obviously at an additional cost, but the product could then reach Canadians. I'll dig deeper tomorrow.

Have you any idea how reliable BangGood is?

J

@ Jokiin......

How do you ship to Canada?

J

@ Jokiin......

How do you ship to Canada?

J

I could ship my product to Canada by any method, it doesn't have batteries in it

if I send something that has a battery (we do other stuff as well) then I either need pre-clearance documents (even then it can be a hassle) or I need to use a ridiculously expensive, or ridiculously slow, shipping method

Reactions: jwc
I could ship my product to Canada by any method, it doesn't have batteries in it

if I send something that has a battery (we do other stuff as well) then I either need pre-clearance documents (even then it can be a hassle) or I need to use a ridiculously expensive, or ridiculously slow, shipping method
Well I was buying the G1W as a stop-gap until your new GT2S cams are ready. How long will it be until a non-GPS would ship?
I could simply cancel the G1W if it doesn't arrive by Nov. 28th.
J

not sure what you mean here???
I meant a GT2S without GPS since I don't need GPS.
However, if you're planning on all GT2S having GPS I wouldn't mind having GPS.

Canada Customers:

I just spoke to BAIKLOV on Amazon -

"Please kindly be noted that we ship to Canada Via FedEx, normally it takes 3~7 working days, and you only need pay more USD9 for the shipping fee.

If you have any question, please feel free contact with us. Thank you.

Looking forward to your orders.

Best Regards,
BAIKLOV"

I don't think my estore order is ever going to show, so once I go into resolutions with ebay/paypal next week on the 43rd day, I'll probably buy one here.

Reactions: jwc
I meant a GT2S without GPS since I don't need GPS.
However, if you're planning on all GT2S having GPS I wouldn't mind having GPS.

yeah it only comes with GPS, the GPS is built into the mount bracket, deleting it would cost near the same as we'd need to do a new PC board for it as the 12v/24v power supply is also in the bracket, would end up costing close to the the same to make one without GPS, doesn't make commercial sense

Back