How should the perfect dash cam designed?

No, but it would be good if the discussion was continued in that thread though, you might find some other ideas there also

Thanks for pointing this out for me and for whoever linked my post with the older thread.

Ahh, I see.
OK, continuing with my 'remote lens' theme, how about remote SD card socket?
in fact, why not simply make the whole thing so it has multiple sockets - 2 or 4 inputs from lens, input for 2 mics (someone wanted external mic?), input for external SD card socket and maybe USB socket for power and/or monitor (for setting up each lens - connect laptop/tablet etc)?

I'm thinking that maybe the main body of the DVR could be hidden behind a panel in the boot, deep under the dash or even behind the headlining (for example) so the only evidence for it would be a remote lens in your screen plus a small SD card slot somewhere?

With the body hidden away somewhere, it would also be less likely to be subjected to the temps we are looking at for something stuck to the windscreen?

we have plans for a dual remote lens model, that's a few models away at this stage though as we have some others to complete first

we have plans for a dual remote lens model, that's a few models away at this stage though as we have some others to complete first

A dual lens model would be interesting if the 1920x1080 frame was split into an upper front camera 1920x540 image and a lower rear camera 1920x540 image. Assume the lenses were 116 degrees horizontal, the vertical would be 32.6 degrees.

A dual lens model would be interesting if the 1920x1080 frame was split into an upper front camera 1920x540 image and a lower rear camera 1920x540 image. Assume the lenses were 116 degrees horizontal, the vertical would be 32.6 degrees.

they're dual full HD 1080p so the intention is just for front and rear cameras with hideaway DVR

I wanted to 'like' this post - but don't like "that's a few models away".

Back