How to disable power-up sound

Hi lisabon,

Managed to give it a go today.. but after typing the tcpsvd command, I did not manage to connect via FTP (I used the android app AndFTP) - it says connection refused.
I used FTP, IP add 192.168.0.1, port 21 and username root, password blank

is there a way to confirm the tcpsvd command has sucessfully gone through?

I also noticed people use tcpsvd -vE instead of -ve and they also use ftpd instead of ftp.. not sure if it makes a diff?

Thanks!
Hello, you are right, command with vE parameter:
tcpsvd -vE 0.0.0.0 21 ftpd -w / >/dev/null 2>&1 &
When inserted into the CODE tag, the forum removed all the case of words(
Sorry, I haven't checked

Hello, you are right, command with vE parameter:

When inserted into the CODE tag, the forum removed all the case of words(
Sorry, I haven't checked

Hi lisabon,

Just tried it again with the revised command and it worked flawlessly!
(I also realised the sound file I was trying to use had the wrong sampling rate.. but managed to fix it in audacity:ROFLMAO:)

Thank you so much.. am extremely happy! Cheers!

one more question
can I change this beep sound:eek: when navigating through the menu

Last edited:
one more question

Currently you cannot. There are just bypasses, until they add this option within the new firmware release.

one more question
Of course you can. :sneaky:

Get root access via telnet using this instruction:

And replace the sound of the buttons or edit. You can even delete this file (or rename it) to mute the clicking sound:
\mnt\app\res\keytone\key_tone.raw

P.S. Import into Sound Forge\Audacity as raw data with "Signed 16bit PCM, little-endian, mono, 16 kHz" parameters.

Of course you can. :sneaky:

Get root access via telnet using this instruction:

And replace the sound of the buttons or edit. You can even delete this file (or rename it) to mute the clicking sound:
\mnt\app\res\keytone\key_tone.raw

P.S. Import into Sound Forge\Audacity as raw data with "Signed 16bit PCM, little-endian, mono, 16 kHz" parameters.
Original raw sounds are 8 kHz not 16 kHz. Imported original and exported as 8kHz and file size is the same as original. With 16kHz is not. But it is ok if the camera plays 16kHz as well.
If someone wants to replace more voice files then file size could matter because there is about 12MB free space on the partition. You can save few bytes with 8 kHz instead of 16 kHz.

AAC format is mono 16 kHz. You can save storage if you export the right AAC with audacity. From export menu, M4A (AAC) files (FFMpeg) make bigger file and it is not the original format.
Original is ADTS AAC LC Version 4, not M4A and file size is signifcantly smaller. You can export with Custom FFMpeg Export option. Press Open custom FFMpeg format options button.
1640078298208.png
Select adts, set sample rate to 16000, profile to LC, and press OK.
1640078440761.png
Then when you type filename, do not forget to type also the .aac extension because no default extension present here. So type something like shutdown.aac in the file name box.

PS. I mount /mnt to ftp for the sounds, quicker to reach them. :)
And after kill 214 I just edit inetd.conf with vi. Just deleting /sd at the end of ftp line and type inetd /etc/inetd.conf command.

Hi Can anyone help in letting me know the parameters for AAC files when converting mp3 through Audacity.
I was able to successfully access and modify and set a custom tone for boot as it was raw but cannot do the same for aac format through audacity as it gives me error. I want to convert my mp3 sounds(2-3 seconds long) and set it for shutdown and other prompts.

Thanks @lisabon_Q3 for explaining in detail as you saved my money for buying JMD ETC card for playing startup japanese sounds. Now my dashcam does the same. Super excited.

Also attaching a custom Japanese raw bootsound, if anyone want to save their time in converting. Feel free to use. Thanks
Bootup sound

Reactions: Upo
Hi, of course you can!
You can use telnet by copying the folder with the voiceover to the memory card. For example, you have a voiceover in the root of the memory card in the "mysound" folder. In this folder you have sounds in AAC format.
OK...
Run the command and the voiceover from the "mysound" folder will be copied to the folder with your language, for example for English:
Code:
cp -Rp /mnt/sd/mysound/* /mnt/app/res/voice/english
Below I post the original voiceover from firmware 1.0.14. See the name of the folder with your language and the AAC file format. It is important. The AAC file format should be as in the original:
Format : ADTS
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Format : AAC LC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Channel(s) : 1 channel
Sampling rate : 16.0 kHz
Compression mode : Lossy

But there is another way, it's FTP. :sneaky:

1. Connect to the DVR's Wi-Fi network.
  2. Launch telnet, connect to the address: 192.168.0.1
  3. After connecting, write: root
  4. Next command: kill 214
  5. Then:
    Code:
    tcpsvd -vE 0.0.0.0 21 ftpd -w / >/dev/null 2>&1 &
  6. With this action, you have opened FTP access to the root of the file system! Great!
  7. Connect with any FTP client, with the following parameters:
    Address: 192.168.0.1
    Username: root
    We leave the password empty
  8. And replace the voice acting through your smartphone or laptop.
  • The memory card is available at: \mnt\sdcard
  • Voice acting: \mnt\app\res\voice\
  • Sound on: \mnt\app\res\voice\public\bootsound.raw
  • Sound off: \mnt\app\res\voice\public\shutdown.aac
You can just delete or rename some sounds if you don't want to hear them.
After restarting the DVR, FTP access will be by default only to the memory card.

Good luck to everyone!

Wow! Thanks a lot. I'm so going to create own voices for my language with this. Maybe people could upload their creations to here for joy of others too? :) I have A800 but it probably has roughly same file structure. Thanks again.

By the way can you add language option to UI just by adding new folder inside voice folder or do I need to replace sound files from some existing language to get it work? If so I could also free some space by removing not needed languages.

Hi Can anyone help in letting me know the parameters for AAC files when converting mp3 through Audacity.
I was able to successfully access and modify and set a custom tone for boot as it was raw but cannot do the same for aac format through audacity as it gives me error. I want to convert my mp3 sounds(2-3 seconds long) and set it for shutdown and other prompts.

Thanks @lisabon_Q3 for explaining in detail as you saved my money for buying JMD ETC card for playing startup japanese sounds. Now my dashcam does the same. Super excited.

Also attaching a custom Japanese raw bootsound, if anyone want to save their time in converting. Feel free to use. Thanks
Bootup sound
I explained AAC format just before your post in #26, and put exporting tutorial with pictures!
For that, you have to install ffmpeg, or if you use windows, then install "ffmpeg for audacity":
https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/installing_ffmpeg_for_windows.html
https://lame.buanzo.org/FFmpeg_v2.2.2_for_Audacity_on_Windows_64bit.exe

I had a problem with audacity
an empty file is created when writing to AAC
maybe it's a codec problem

I saved to mp3 and made konwert to https://cloudconvert.com/mp3-to-aac
with Audio Bitrate 49

Attachments

• aud.JPG
    aud.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I explained AAC format just before your post in #26, and put exporting tutorial with pictures!
For that, you have to install ffmpeg, or if you use windows, then install "ffmpeg for audacity":
https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/installing_ffmpeg_for_windows.html
https://lame.buanzo.org/FFmpeg_v2.2.2_for_Audacity_on_Windows_64bit.exe
Yes, actually I saw your post and followed that but unfortunately both on mac and windows we are not getting the same codec that you have in screenshot. I had the same problem like @awr above and the exported aac is not working in the cam.

Lisabon_Q3 can you share the custom flrmware for the A800 to allow telnet connection and bitrate configurer for example. I tried to download the firmware from 4pda.to but I was unable to create account because I have no idea how to complete Russian CAPTCHA to confirm my account creation. Thanks!

This one:

Are you sure?

Original AAC:
View attachment 59566
Yes, absolutely sure, factory AACs are 16kHz, RAWs are 8kHz. You showed AAC screenshot, but i talked about raw sounds eg. bootsound.raw and key_tone.raw and as i wrote, you can prove it easily with audacity that they are 8kHz sounds.
1652969996350.png

Yes, actually I saw your post and followed that but unfortunately both on mac and windows we are not getting the same codec that you have in screenshot. I had the same problem like @awr above and the exported aac is not working in the cam.
Maybe really codec problem. I also installed K-Lite Codec Pack Mega from official page codecguide.com, no other related things on standard win10 pro install.

Back