How to prevent dashcam being manually turned off by repair shop/valet/dealer/etc.?

Once they get it into the shop and raise hood, on 99% of cars all you're going to see is paint. The issue really isn't videoing the mechanics working, but the potential for joyrides and unauthorized use; e.g. the lunch run.

Once they get it into the shop and raise hood, on 99% of cars all you're going to see is paint. The issue really isn't videoing the mechanics working, but the potential for joyrides and unauthorized use; e.g. the lunch run.
That's why I got a dash cam. I don't have a fancy car but it is considered a sports car, and a low production one at that so mechanics don't see it often. In fact every time I drop it off it always garners some attention.

I can tell when it's been ragged on a bit, the MPG calculator isn't going to drop by 2 over a 5 mile test unless the majority of that time was spent flogging it.

Like most of you I'm sure, I don't like it when people disrespect my property. I can guarantee you if a mechanic showed interest and asked if he could drive it, I might be willing to let them. But to just do it without my consent is disrespectful.

I'm hoping with my b40c if they do notice it tucked behind my rearview, they'll assume pushing the power button shuts it off, when it only turns the screen off.

It has gotten me thinking of getting mobius to shoot the cabin since it is so small and easily hidden.

Know how you feel. After a mini service at BMW on Saturday I went to National Tyres to get my front wheels balanced because BMW don't seem to be capable of doing it right and National Tyres have a new and therefore calibrated machine and got it spot on last time. They wanted me to leave the car with them whilst two others were standing about outside looking at it and grinning.

No chance!

Back