How to remove SG9663DC front cam to clean windscreen?

ThingInTheAttic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
SG9663DC
Is it on some sort of bracket and just slides out? I want to clean the car windows. Searched the threads before posting in case this had been asked before, but didn't find anything. Saw Niko's video on removing the rear camera, so is it much the same as that? Thanks

Yeah slide the front camera up 10 mm or so to get it off the mount, the rear one slide to one of the sides ( cant remember which one )
I have a little slack on mine so what i do is let the front camera dangle in the wires, i then tie it up to my mirror with a rag, so i can spray and clean my windscreen without spraying any cleaner on the camera / lens.
This approach with the front cameras work fine, and i have 3 cameras i do that with at the same time, only my long lens camera do i take off as it are on a suction cup mount.
My rear DC camera i slide off, but the magnet off as i have the plastic mount glued to a magnet, so i just take out the USB plug and slide the magnet off my metal rear hatch frame.

I prefer using high explosives to dismount my cams, but replacement glass is beginning to put a large dent in my budget and my seller now says explosion damage is not covered under the warranty so regular cam purchases are going to be a factor now too. But at least there's always new glass for the cams to see through :ROFLMAO:

Just kidding of course, and I hope this brings folks a smile today for reading it :)

Phil

Thank you guys-all done, that AutoGlym Fast Glass is the business! I saw Niko recommending it in one of his videos. Never used it before, i'm gonna do all my house windows and mirrors with it too :D
Car rear window was pretty dirty, I'm hoping that the night recordings will now be a lot better and not have that smudgy misty areas I saw on my first recording. Got an hours drive this evening, so we shall see.

I prefer using high explosives to dismount my cams, but replacement glass is beginning to put a large dent in my budget and my seller now says explosion damage is not covered under the warranty so regular cam purchases are going to be a factor now too. But at least there's always new glass for the cams to see through :ROFLMAO:

Just kidding of course, and I hope this brings folks a smile today for reading it :)

Phil
It does, and thank you (y)

Back