I always call this bullying tactics

jaro

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Dash Cam
SG9665GC (front), Gitup1(rear)
Easily one of my pet peeves when driving, specially when done in high speed.

When trying to overtake, make sure you have the speed and space to make it. Not to assume that the other driver would give way. I always call this bullying tactics.

Cool to see a Jeepney on dash cam :D

jeepney.jpg

We need some Jeepney cam video :)

I've not driven in the Philippines, but the same thing happens in Thailand. Floor it, pass, then see if there is a space to fit into before you crash into oncoming traffic.
(while honking and glaring at the oncoming traffic who dares to be there)

:)

I've not driven in the Philippines, but the same thing happens in Thailand. Floor it, pass, then see if there is a space to fit into before you crash into oncoming traffic.

I have noticed similar behavior with seniors in Florida :(

Yeah, overtaking on the approach to a lane merge, a sure sign of stupidity and arrogance.
Not sure why these people think they are more important than anyone else, but there are times I sure wish I was in a beat-up old vehicle so I could give them a wake up call.

Here's an example. I happily let people pull in if they indicate and wait (the van.) But the BMW who cut in ... I was sorely tempted to just keep going...

Sorry about the swearing... most of it was lost as the clip ends before I get into full flow! :mad:

I thought people in the UK lived in fear of 'white vans'? Seems to be the majority vehicle in that video?

If Cathy Bates had been driving the old caddie that pulled out of the parking spot, she could have crushed that bug easily. (Not that the old ford is a lightweight)

I worked for a while in the Ocala, FL area in the late 80's. There was a Publix supermarket I used to go to that must have been near a lot of retirement complexes.
If you tried to find a parking spot within a few hundred feet of the entrance, it could take you an hour, due to the senior citizens taking ten minutes to back in or out of parking spaces. It was like a horror movie, cars seemingly moving on their own...until you noticed the little gray head barely sticking above the headrest.
Wait for one to back in or out, pull up ten feet, here comes another one....wait....repeat process.

And then you have the motorized scooters to deal with.........packs of them.

I learned to park in the first spot I came to when you pulled in off of the street, and walk the 300 feet. It was quicker.

Here is an extreme sample of a Jeepney trying to pass......

The question is, what would you do in the same situation?
If I was alone I would do what the Montero driver did, but with mrs. I would be somehow be directed to change course.

Aren't Jeepneys being phased out in some provinces?

I guess if that jeepney wasn't blocked, it would have continued on the wrong way, and something worse may have happened.

I learned to park in the first spot I came to when you pulled in off of the street, and walk the 300 feet. It was quicker.
That and your vehicle is less likely to have its doors bashed in by some old fogey who can't judge distance or can't tell the difference between the gas and the brake pedals.

One time an older Asian man parked so close to the door of my pickup, I had to crawl across from the passenger side to get in it. Not so easy, I'm tall, this was an old f150 with manual transmission with a gearshift that was aimed at places I prefer to not get poked in.
The old guy was still getting out of his car as I walked up to my pickup. I mentioned I couldn't get into my pickup. He pointed out the car in the space next to him was over the line, and partially in his slot. I asked him if he thought maybe there wasn't enough room to park in the space, due to the other car parking screwed up? (It wasn't like that when I parked 20-30 minutes earlier)

He shrugged, said something like 'not my fault, I get out my car. rook dat car. It fault!'.

He shuffled inside the store. I considered getting all of the shopping carts out of the rack nearby, and boxing in his car, but that would be mean.

(this was 15 years ago or so. Now I am mean enough, would do it, and probably take a leak through any window he left cracked)

One time an older Asian man parked so close to the door of my pickup, I had to crawl across from the passenger side to get in it. Not so easy, I'm tall, this was an old f150 with manual transmission with a gearshift that was aimed at places I prefer to not get poked in.
The old guy was still getting out of his car as I walked up to my pickup. I mentioned I couldn't get into my pickup. He pointed out the car in the space next to him was over the line, and partially in his slot. I asked him if he thought maybe there wasn't enough room to park in the space, due to the other car parking screwed up? (It wasn't like that when I parked 20-30 minutes earlier)

He shrugged, said something like 'not my fault, I get out my car. rook dat car. It fault!'.

He shuffled inside the store. I considered getting all of the shopping carts out of the rack nearby, and boxing in his car, but that would be mean.

(this was 15 years ago or so. Now I am mean enough, would do it, and probably take a leak through any window he left cracked)
or at least open your door into his car a few dozen times once you finally get into your truck...

Back